Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? 13:10 - Dec 13 with 1607 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think it'll be the worst thing not having the first team sopending 16 hours or so on a coach this week, missing training on Weds and Thursday ahead of the massive game at weekend.

Whether a new manager is imminent, or going to be McGreal until then, this game does us no favours at all - especially being on a Wednesday and not a Tuesday

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:14 - Dec 13 with 1549 viewsElderGrizzly

I'm sure it was going to be a mixture of U23s and the 'understudy' first teamers anyway?

And with the Covid situation too, i'd keep as many of the core squad away from another unnecessary trip
U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:14 - Dec 13 with 1549 viewsBondiBlue

If mcgreal wants to play direct 4-4-2 again against sunderland, i'd be tempted to get them to practise it against barrow.

Poll: Which would you accept?

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:15 - Dec 13 with 1532 viewsRomeo4

I tend to agree. I’ve never been one to advocate playing vastly weakened teams in the cup but I would make an exception in this case. Mind you the way the team played in the first game I’m not sure how much weaker we would be anyway!
U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:25 - Dec 13 with 1458 viewsRadlett_blue

Why is Sunderland a "massive game"? We are 12th in the league, they are 3rd. This season has been poor, but all games are potentially worth 3 points. As this season seems to be fizzling out, I would normally be upset if Town sent a weak team to Barrow & went out, but as the prize for winning is an unattractive tie at Barnsley, I will cut management a bit of slack as long as they don't play an entire starting XI of reserves & U23s.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:33 - Dec 13 with 1376 viewsflettonblue

Bit late to decide today what sort of squad he wants up at barrow on Wednesday.

Maybe Cardiff or us got some cv19 issues so why that u23 game is off ?
U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:34 - Dec 13 with 1369 viewsElderGrizzly

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:25 - Dec 13 by Radlett_blue

Why is Sunderland a "massive game"? We are 12th in the league, they are 3rd. This season has been poor, but all games are potentially worth 3 points. As this season seems to be fizzling out, I would normally be upset if Town sent a weak team to Barrow & went out, but as the prize for winning is an unattractive tie at Barnsley, I will cut management a bit of slack as long as they don't play an entire starting XI of reserves & U23s.

28,000 in attendance and the new owners being there ramps up the pressure a bit of course
U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:37 - Dec 13 with 1343 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nah, our first team need as much practice as they can get.

Strong team please.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:37 - Dec 13 with 1341 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Its called off to ensure all staff are in the building to meet the new manager.
Login to get fewer ads

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:48 - Dec 13 with 1268 viewsIllinoisblue

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:34 - Dec 13 by ElderGrizzly

28,000 in attendance and the new owners being there ramps up the pressure a bit of course

Also, we owe those mackem bastards a good hiding. They’ve had some very lucky results over us the last couple of years. Time for payback and to get the new boss revolution under way.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:53 - Dec 13 with 1242 viewsFreddies_Ears

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:33 - Dec 13 by flettonblue

Bit late to decide today what sort of squad he wants up at barrow on Wednesday.

Maybe Cardiff or us got some cv19 issues so why that u23 game is off ?

Maybe we just realised all our U23s coaches are a bit busy with the first team at the moment...
U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:54 - Dec 13 with 1233 viewsjayessess

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:48 - Dec 13 by Illinoisblue

Also, we owe those mackem bastards a good hiding. They’ve had some very lucky results over us the last couple of years. Time for payback and to get the new boss revolution under way.

I think beating Sunderland in front of a packed house would be absolutely huge for supporters and players.

If McGreal and Dyer judge they can improve the chances of that by sending the kids to Barrow, I've no objection at all.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:55 - Dec 13 with 1218 viewsStokieBlue

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:34 - Dec 13 by ElderGrizzly

Are they still coming?

More testing required etc, have they confirmed they will bother?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:07 - Dec 13 with 1146 viewsBobbychase

Covid outbreaks popping up all over the place at other clubs. I'm not bothered if we are doing this to avoid the virus getting into the club ahead of Saturday which, with the owners there and the biggest crowd for years, is a huge day.

Cook in/out, arguments between Toto and fans, formations etc - all a bit of a sideshow when the men who are backing us with hundreds of millions of pounds to get back to the Premier League are in town.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:19 - Dec 13 with 1071 viewsclive_baker

I think we could still put a decent side out while leaving 8 or so Sunderland starters at home. Pack the bench with u23s

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:22 - Dec 13 with 1034 viewsJ2BLUE

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 13:25 - Dec 13 by Radlett_blue

What a stupid post. No offence. It's not a massive gap and it could be a springboard for the rest of the season. We aren't going to make the top 2 but play offers are a small possibility. It's clearly a massive game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:27 - Dec 13 with 987 viewsjayessess

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:19 - Dec 13 by clive_baker

I think we could still put a decent side out while leaving 8 or so Sunderland starters at home. Pack the bench with u23s

Could leave all 13 who played any minutes at Wigan and fill every position with someone who's played first team league football this season bar right back.

Hladky; Penney, Woolfenden, Nsiala, RB; El Mizouni, Carroll; Humphreys, Fraser, Barry; Jackson

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:31 - Dec 13 with 958 viewsclive_baker

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:27 - Dec 13 by jayessess

Could leave all 13 who played any minutes at Wigan and fill every position with someone who's played first team league football this season bar right back.

Hladky; Penney, Woolfenden, Nsiala, RB; El Mizouni, Carroll; Humphreys, Fraser, Barry; Jackson

Looks OK. Perhaps Donacien in at RB, maybe Harper in too. Pigott up front with Jackson on the assumption he goes with Norwood & Bonne Saturday.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:34 - Dec 13 with 937 viewsjayessess

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:31 - Dec 13 by clive_baker

Looks OK. Perhaps Donacien in at RB, maybe Harper in too. Pigott up front with Jackson on the assumption he goes with Norwood & Bonne Saturday.

Use the bench as reward for some of the youngsters doing well in the U23s - Siziba, Armin, Yengi.

(as an aside, we can name 13 players, plus another 11, as "first teamers", even with 3 other big players unavailable... madness)
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 14:36]

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:35 - Dec 13 with 929 viewsTractorCam

No thanks, all focus on the cup I say. Barnsley is winnable, more chance of having some celebrations in the cup than the league now.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:37 - Dec 13 with 912 viewsitfcjoe

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:19 - Dec 13 by clive_baker

I'd leave 14 or 15 at home - take the 10 other first teamers and some kids.

If you assume an unchanged team from Saturday just for ease - could go with something like this:

---------------------Hladky--------------------
-??---------Woolf----------Kenlock------Clements
Jackson----El Miz--------Carroll--------Humphreys
------------Barry-------Yengi------------------

You'll probably lose but Saturday the big one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:42 - Dec 13 with 887 viewsabracaDOBRA_

EADT saying fa youth cup game Thursday is playing a part, more so than the barrow game
U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:42 - Dec 13 with 883 viewsjayessess

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:37 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

If you assume an unchanged team from Saturday just for ease - could go with something like this:

I know it doesn't work this way, but if you put that team out as, for e.g., Crawley Town on a L2 match day, you'd have them odds on to beat Barrow.

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:56 - Dec 13 with 807 viewspointofblue

U23s game tomorrow off....do we send them to Barrow? on 14:37 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

Hladky
Woolfenden - Nsiala - Armin - Penney
Chaplin - Carroll - Fraser - Edwards (Humphreys if Celina is not expected to be fit for Sunderland)
Pigott - Jackson

Substitutes: Holy, Clements, Harper, El Mizouni, Barry, Humphreys (Siziba if Humphrys starts), Yengi

Which would mean the starting XI versus Sunderland could be: Walton, Donacien, Vincent-Young, Edmundson, Burgess, Aluko, Morsy, Evans, Celina (Edwards if not fit), Norwood, Bonne

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024