Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 22:10 - Dec 15 with 2780 viewsDubtractor

How long is his contract? Hopefully just this season!

I think he stood out as possibly our worst player in that first half, and that's a bold statement I know. I don't think I've ever seen a more ineffectual performance from a centre midfielder - almost all his passes were backwards or sideways, he offered no protection to the back 4, not sure I saw him run with the ball at all.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tom Carroll on 22:13 - Dec 15 with 2712 viewsFunge

Lee Evans last Tuesday was arguably worse (for the same reasons) - but yeah, I'm in broad agreement.

What a bunch of sh1t we have playing for us.

Again.
Tom Carroll on 22:13 - Dec 15 with 2701 viewsBseaBlue

He is just another player to add to the list over the last 20 years that have come here, played a few games and moved on without doing anything of note.

How depressing is it that my youth consisted of heroes like Johno, Scowie, Sticky, Wrighty, Dyer, Stewart, Mogga, Jim, Clapham etc whereas now you struggle to remember players that were even in last years squad!
Tom Carroll on 22:16 - Dec 15 with 2643 viewsGuthrum

The Barrow players pressed and all we did most of the night was pass backwards.

Our players (when the passes arrive at all) receive the ball facing their own goal, don't turn and just head off in the wrong direction. Then all they can do is pass sideways or backwards, because that's the direction they're facing.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tom Carroll on 22:17 - Dec 15 with 2625 viewsGarv

If we'd been able to sustain any kind of possession he would have proved useful tonight. As it happened we couldn't keep the ball in their half whatsoever, it was painful.

I don't see the point in blaming individual players - albeit we've all got players we like and dislike - the 'team' is a mess right now.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Tom Carroll on 22:19 - Dec 15 with 2593 viewsBseaBlue

Tom Carroll on 22:16 - Dec 15 by Guthrum

The Barrow players pressed and all we did most of the night was pass backwards.

Our players (when the passes arrive at all) receive the ball facing their own goal, don't turn and just head off in the wrong direction. Then all they can do is pass sideways or backwards, because that's the direction they're facing.

Easy out.....retain possession....pass the ball....sideways.....backwards.....give it to Toto....Oh fook
Tom Carroll on 22:19 - Dec 15 with 2572 viewsNazemariner

He didn't play great, but I thought he took responsibility for getting on the ball which was more than most.
Tom Carroll on 22:33 - Dec 15 with 2438 viewsbadadski

Tom Carroll on 22:19 - Dec 15 by Nazemariner

He didn't play great, but I thought he took responsibility for getting on the ball which was more than most.

Irony is managers and fans want us to be a silky passing team but we don’t have the personnel for it. It’s no surprise we look better when we hoof it and wait for a flick on or bad defensive header and break from there. Mick knew it so played to that plan and it worked. We don’t have the defenders to play that way as it showed tonight and we were being penned in our own half through trying to play a way we simply are not capable of and never have been or will be.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2021 22:34]
Tom Carroll on 22:40 - Dec 15 with 2354 viewsmarchy

Frig me, I know average ratings on here are never a particularly useful guide but I don't think I'd ever seen anyone poll lower than 2/10 before. That's into Mark Fishing waters isn't it?
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 22:52 - Dec 15 with 2263 viewsRadlett_blue

The new Emyr Huws - a shadow of the player he used to be. However, while he now appears a pointless signing, he's only started 2 league games this season so hard to blame him for Town's total mess.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Tom Carroll on 22:55 - Dec 15 with 2226 viewscbower

Or turn to face the opposition. Shambolic performance.

bluescouser

Tom Carroll on 00:14 - Dec 16 with 2052 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

That midfield 1st half
aluko Carroll el miz and frazer cannot ever play together again. were they thinking this was friendly? or a game on the beach?

tackling ?????????????????????????????????
control????????????????????????
waste of time

Norwood and jackson no passes to them.
back4 no cover even though they were shocking to 1st half - edmondson was missed

we look a shambles right now.

3 defenders are needed
2 big strong midfielders are required in the next window
[Redacted] on 05:32 - Dec 16 with 1829 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024