Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booster vaccine question 11:06 - Dec 16 with 921 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Hi can anyone knowledgeable help me with a booking question?

How can I book a Moderna booster, do all centres have it as an alternative to Pfizer?
Booster vaccine question on 11:13 - Dec 16 with 867 viewshype313

Don't think you can choose which one you have, FWIW I had 2 Moderna

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Booster vaccine question on 11:16 - Dec 16 with 863 viewsellaandred

When we (my wife and I) had our booster it was Moderna- no choice.
We both had Astra for doses one and two.
When booking the booster there wasn't an option to choose which vaccine 'you' wanted.
Booster vaccine question on 11:24 - Dec 16 with 847 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Booster vaccine question on 11:13 - Dec 16 by hype313

Don't think you can choose which one you have, FWIW I had 2 Moderna

That’s annoying, what if you had a reaction to Pfizer? Maybe I can put something in the screening form
Booster vaccine question on 11:26 - Dec 16 with 841 viewsstringy

Aqua pharmacy on Derby Road was our go-to clinic for booster and Moderna was the only option (Pfizer being saved back for a particular demographic)

I've now had the trifecta (AZ in Canada, Pfizer in Greece, Moderna in UK), no adverse affects from mixture and only Town's performances laying me low thus far, ho hum
Booster vaccine question on 11:28 - Dec 16 with 823 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Booster vaccine question on 11:24 - Dec 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

That’s annoying, what if you had a reaction to Pfizer? Maybe I can put something in the screening form

What if you have a worse reaction to Moderna?
Booster vaccine question on 11:32 - Dec 16 with 803 viewsMookamoo

Booster vaccine question on 11:24 - Dec 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

You can speak to your GP about it, but they would expect a pretty extreme reaction to the previous vaccine you had to consider recommending an alternative. If you had an allergic reaction such as an anaphylactic episode then get in touch, if you just had a few days feeling grotty, just get what they have.

Some of the larger walk in centres will be administering both so you can speak to the clinical lead to see if you can get to choose. I think it is their call if they allow it or send you away.
Booster vaccine question on 11:40 - Dec 16 with 773 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Booster vaccine question on 11:32 - Dec 16 by Mookamoo

You can speak to your GP about it, but they would expect a pretty extreme reaction to the previous vaccine you had to consider recommending an alternative. If you had an allergic reaction such as an anaphylactic episode then get in touch, if you just had a few days feeling grotty, just get what they have.

Some of the larger walk in centres will be administering both so you can speak to the clinical lead to see if you can get to choose. I think it is their call if they allow it or send you away.

Thanks that’s helpful
Booster vaccine question on 12:18 - Dec 16 with 738 viewsfactual_blue

Booster vaccine question on 11:32 - Dec 16 by Mookamoo

The risk of an anaphylactic episode is why they advise you to stay near to the surgery/vaccination centre for 15 minutes (particularly if you're unaccompanied). The reaction will happen in that time frame.

Any other reaction you had, you'll just have to deal with.

People get different reactions, possibly at different times to the same vaccine. It can be anything from a sore arm to a couple of days in bed/feeling grotty.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Booster vaccine question on 13:02 - Dec 16 with 688 viewsPinewoodblue

Why would anyone want a particular vaccine?

Why not trust the experts?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Booster vaccine question on 13:03 - Dec 16 with 682 viewsGeoffSentence

Booster vaccine question on 13:02 - Dec 16 by Pinewoodblue

Why would anyone want a particular vaccine?

Why not trust the experts?

As per his later post, "what if someone had a reaction to pfizer"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Booster vaccine question on 13:35 - Dec 16 with 636 viewsRozz

Just going to drop this here as I was looking at it this morning and it may prove useful to some. https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-walk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccinatio

Shows you your local nearest walk-ins but also what jabs they are currently offering to who.
Booster vaccine question on 13:56 - Dec 16 with 606 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Booster vaccine question on 13:35 - Dec 16 by Rozz

Just going to drop this here as I was looking at it this morning and it may prove useful to some. https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/find-a-walk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccinatio

Shows you your local nearest walk-ins but also what jabs they are currently offering to who.

Perfect - thanks!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024