Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland again 21:23 - Dec 30 with 4572 viewsMetal_Hacker

This league is sh1t - really is

Poll: If it were one or the other

Sunderland again on 16:38 - Jan 1 with 725 viewspeterleeblue

Sunderland again on 00:04 - Dec 31 by FightingEssex

Sunderland have taken 4 points off of us this season barely getting into gear in either game, so how bad are we?

On the contrary I think the 2 Sunderland performances suggest that once well coached we could yet compete with the best in this league.
I remain optimistic.
Sunderald are making serious headway with no natural wingback or right and left backs available . However the players with the shirt are performing and developing into a solid TEAM.
Sunderland again on 17:09 - Jan 1 with 687 viewsMackemLad

Sunderland again on 16:38 - Jan 1 by peterleeblue

On the contrary I think the 2 Sunderland performances suggest that once well coached we could yet compete with the best in this league.
I remain optimistic.
Sunderald are making serious headway with no natural wingback or right and left backs available . However the players with the shirt are performing and developing into a solid TEAM.

Agreed. Whatever the consensus seems to be on this forum that we’re a poor team, we are effective. The below link gives the PPG league table for all of 2021, where we placed 5th. Interesting that the top 4 clubs are all premiership teams, Man City’s PPG is incredible.

Also (IMO) shows how badly Cook has managed Ipswich. To be placed 47th over a full year in this terrible league with the players at your disposal is criminal. Appreciate he took over in March, but I think if you took away Lamberts results in January and February then your PPG goes down again. Far too much acceptance of “squad gelling” has allowed average teams like ourselves to stretch clear from you, and you’d need a ridiculous amount of luck to pull that back.

https://experimental361.com/2021/12/30/2021-league-table/
Sunderland again on 17:12 - Jan 1 with 670 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sunderland again on 07:32 - Dec 31 by textbackup

will you be attending any of the remaining games?

just i've noticed on 4/5 posts now you've completely given up, so wondering if theres any point having someone that doesnt believe its possible going to games.

I go to enjoy watching football. And I always want my team to win. I have often to been matches when there is nothing left to play for in terms of reaching the play-offs, staying up or avoiding relegation.

You only go to matches if we are likely to get promoted? I guess you have spent a lot of seasons not going to many games at all.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sunderland again on 17:25 - Jan 1 with 639 viewsChocorange

Sunderland again on 17:09 - Jan 1 by MackemLad

Agreed. Whatever the consensus seems to be on this forum that we’re a poor team, we are effective. The below link gives the PPG league table for all of 2021, where we placed 5th. Interesting that the top 4 clubs are all premiership teams, Man City’s PPG is incredible.

Also (IMO) shows how badly Cook has managed Ipswich. To be placed 47th over a full year in this terrible league with the players at your disposal is criminal. Appreciate he took over in March, but I think if you took away Lamberts results in January and February then your PPG goes down again. Far too much acceptance of “squad gelling” has allowed average teams like ourselves to stretch clear from you, and you’d need a ridiculous amount of luck to pull that back.

For Ipswich , the expected league goals table at the bottom of the link in your post shows how badly our attack and defence have compared to what was expected in terms of chances created.

We are well under achieving and Sheff Weds way over achieving…. Or they are very lucky abd we aren’t…
Sunderland again on 18:19 - Jan 1 with 591 viewsDubtractor

Sunderland again on 17:09 - Jan 1 by MackemLad

Tbh, I think most of us accept that almost every team in this league is pretty average (including us!), it is league one at the end of the day, and anyone that does the basics well, with a bit of quality added at the top end, will be at the right end of the league.

That's what you've got and it is why you're at the top!

And you're right, there was WAAAAAAY too much acceptance of Cook's poor performance from far too many of our supporters.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sunderland again on 21:54 - Jan 1 with 433 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Sunderland again on 21:34 - Dec 30 by Metal_Hacker

Could do with Sunderland and Rotherham just leaving everyone else and the 3-6 places start losing points to teams beneath us - so long as we pick up our own wins

Never gonna happen is it

Wigan too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024