Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being 14:22 - Jan 21 with 3700 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good stuff from Rory Stewart on our electoral system.

If only the parliamentary party had the vision to have put hm through against Johnson in the leadership election.

https://www.ft.com/content/dec2e1ed-d827-41de-a827-b9d7fbf06fd0

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:18 - Jan 22 with 423 viewsZXBlue

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:13 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, I completely understand what you are saying and I understand that a border is necessary for goods - but if we were in a world of grown ups then it needn't be an issue.

A border is by and large electronic - I fail to see the problem, I genuinely do.

UK has left the EU, what is the actual problem in having a check on goods? Why are people complicating things and using the Good Friday agreement as a weapon?

What's the difference between a Trading Standards officer inspecting a consignment of eggs to a load of counterfeit cigarettes?

Cant see how it could ever be electronic. How do you check what is coming in? This frictionless border stuff appears to be a myth generated by JRM and his pals.

How do you stop illegal immigrants?

A border is absolutely contrary to the who GF agreement- because a compromise was struck under which there would no longer be a border between north and south. Basically it allows NI folks to feelthey are really just all one country if they choose. That works fine whilst we are all EU with free momvement.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:21 - Jan 22 with 423 viewsJ2BLUE

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:44 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Ah, tribalism!

It's a growing trend by the look of it. I have never really wore a scarf so tight that it chokes. I find the red, blue, right, left thing bizarre to be honest, what happens if you agree with bits of both?

I don't seem to have a designated shelf.

You get called a centrist and mocked.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2022 14:55]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:29 - Jan 22 with 404 viewsHARRY10

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 11:22 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

Oh God.

I really didn't want to get in to a debate this morning but you've got me.

What you are saying as a fact is nonsense and you are undermining people. We are talking about a union here that we were actually refused entry in the first place!

When we eventually were allowed to join it was a common market and was nothing like what we had when we left, we were in fact part of a machine that we didn't and or weren't allowed to vote for. The EU are really standing firm over the Ukraine issue aren't they? They will say and do feck all because they haven't got the balls, they will wait for Uncle Sam and UK to have a nudge.

Northern Ireland is a problem but it's used as leverage for political gain, not one person from either side mentioned NI during the referendum process, it has become a tool to beat people with. The Good Friday agreement for peace is being used as a tool for conflict, it's pathetic.

...And then you have cretins like Sturgeon banging on about independence and talking about rejoining the EU, how on earth do you think that is going to work when we have enough problems with NI?

You say that government had no idea, from the look at your post you have no idea either, not a scooby - like most.

It will take 15 years to sort out the withdrawal, it will be a long process. If anything this is the problem that people didn't accept or realise.

You do seem to be getting yourself intro all manner of confused and ill informed thinking.

Why should the EU be involved in Ukraine. The EU is a trading group. One of the bleats from brexiteers was about a supposed EU army.

" we were in fact part of a machine that we didn't and or weren't allowed to vote for."

absolute nonsense !

Have you not heard of EU elections, what the EU Parliament does, how the EU council is elected, like wise the EU commission ?

"not one person from either side mentioned NI during the referendum process"

More misinformation, as we have

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/09/tony-blair-and-john-major-brexi

The problem was pointed out before the referendum. But as with so much it was either dismissed or not understood by brexiteers who preferred to bleat out 'project fear....baa baa'.

Your complete lack of understanding of this is further shown by your guff about how the NI border "is being used as a tool for conflict". Whereas it is nothing of the kind. It is Johnsons government trying to weasel out of an agreement the EU signed with the UK in good faith. The problems that are now happening were known about before it was signed - but idiots, instead, believed the bloated buffoon when he talked of an 'oven ready deal'.

It ill behoves you to talk of others not having a clue, when clearly it is you who does not have a clue - but are happy to peddle stuff that is clearly inaccurate instead.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:35 - Jan 22 with 382 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:18 - Jan 22 by ZXBlue

Cant see how it could ever be electronic. How do you check what is coming in? This frictionless border stuff appears to be a myth generated by JRM and his pals.

How do you stop illegal immigrants?

A border is absolutely contrary to the who GF agreement- because a compromise was struck under which there would no longer be a border between north and south. Basically it allows NI folks to feelthey are really just all one country if they choose. That works fine whilst we are all EU with free momvement.

All you have done is enforce my opinion that it's a problem for problems sake.

Do you actually think that all goods are checked as they come off container ships into the UK? It just doesn't happen, all customs are interested in are commodity codes and duty.

People can still move freely, it shouldn't be an issue.

The only reason why the hardliners are kicking up a fuss is because it will screw up the drug trade.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:53 - Jan 22 with 365 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:29 - Jan 22 by HARRY10

You do seem to be getting yourself intro all manner of confused and ill informed thinking.

Why should the EU be involved in Ukraine. The EU is a trading group. One of the bleats from brexiteers was about a supposed EU army.

" we were in fact part of a machine that we didn't and or weren't allowed to vote for."

absolute nonsense !

Have you not heard of EU elections, what the EU Parliament does, how the EU council is elected, like wise the EU commission ?

"not one person from either side mentioned NI during the referendum process"

More misinformation, as we have

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/09/tony-blair-and-john-major-brexi

The problem was pointed out before the referendum. But as with so much it was either dismissed or not understood by brexiteers who preferred to bleat out 'project fear....baa baa'.

Your complete lack of understanding of this is further shown by your guff about how the NI border "is being used as a tool for conflict". Whereas it is nothing of the kind. It is Johnsons government trying to weasel out of an agreement the EU signed with the UK in good faith. The problems that are now happening were known about before it was signed - but idiots, instead, believed the bloated buffoon when he talked of an 'oven ready deal'.

It ill behoves you to talk of others not having a clue, when clearly it is you who does not have a clue - but are happy to peddle stuff that is clearly inaccurate instead.

I disagree

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 16:07 - Jan 22 with 317 viewsHARRY10

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:53 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

I disagree

with evidence supported by facts ?

dear god
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024