Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being 14:22 - Jan 21 with 3705 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good stuff from Rory Stewart on our electoral system.

If only the parliamentary party had the vision to have put hm through against Johnson in the leadership election.

https://www.ft.com/content/dec2e1ed-d827-41de-a827-b9d7fbf06fd0

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:29 - Jan 21 with 1450 viewsHARRY10

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:27 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

To be fair to GB he has never had a great deal of time for Bojo

GB is a Tory "Wet" at best, although recently he actually seems to be heading down a Marxist tunnel in order to gain board acceptance, yet you all still treat him like Adolf..

I see him more as a Hess, parachuted into Scotland
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:36 - Jan 21 with 1434 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:27 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

To be fair to GB he has never had a great deal of time for Bojo

GB is a Tory "Wet" at best, although recently he actually seems to be heading down a Marxist tunnel in order to gain board acceptance, yet you all still treat him like Adolf..

Less of the wet

Never been interested in acceptance or board approval. Probably just more accepting of other ideas when I let go of the comfort blanket of tribalism.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:44 - Jan 21 with 1401 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:36 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

Less of the wet

Never been interested in acceptance or board approval. Probably just more accepting of other ideas when I let go of the comfort blanket of tribalism.

Ah, tribalism!

It's a growing trend by the look of it. I have never really wore a scarf so tight that it chokes. I find the red, blue, right, left thing bizarre to be honest, what happens if you agree with bits of both?

I don't seem to have a designated shelf.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 16:22 - Jan 21 with 1352 viewsEwan_Oozami

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:44 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Ah, tribalism!

It's a growing trend by the look of it. I have never really wore a scarf so tight that it chokes. I find the red, blue, right, left thing bizarre to be honest, what happens if you agree with bits of both?

Tribalism - prejudice against people with three testicles...

Edit: apols to Ericclacton of course...
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 16:23]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 16:31 - Jan 21 with 1331 viewswkj

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:44 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Ah, tribalism!

I can inform you that you do - have you not seen the answer for today's wordle?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 16:33 - Jan 21 with 1325 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 16:31 - Jan 21 by wkj

I can inform you that you do - have you not seen the answer for today's wordle?

Refreshingly insulting, thanks.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 16:50 - Jan 21 with 1302 viewswkj

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 16:33 - Jan 21 by Lord_Lucan

Refreshingly insulting, thanks.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 17:54 - Jan 21 with 1273 viewseireblue

Ah, tribalism!

I think that puts you in the tribe that thinks tribes are bizarre.

Just like people that say, I don't fit into any category. They are all in the uncategorized category.

Set theory init. Maths is great.
Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 18:49 - Jan 21 with 1242 viewsEwan_Oozami

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 17:54 - Jan 21 by eireblue

I think that puts you in the tribe that thinks tribes are bizarre.

Just like people that say, I don't fit into any category. They are all in the uncategorized category.

Set theory init. Maths is great.

I blame that Bertrand Russell bloke....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 20:17 - Jan 21 with 1199 viewsFelstow1978

Oh for a John Bellingham for the present age

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 06:47 - Jan 22 with 1108 viewssolomon

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:28 - Jan 21 by bluelagos

Couple of things Harry.

Much like calling people reluctant to get vaccinated thick or selfish is unlikely to change people's minds, I suggest the same when labeling someone thick for their support of vote Leave. It's hardly conducive to changing people's position.

'Naive' or 'gullible' seems a far better description, especially given the lies that people were fed.
---
"How many brexiters actually understood what the EU Parliament, Commission or council did"

Tbh, I don't think many of us had much of a clue, it's just not something we get into unless it's part of the day job. Accept absolutely those pedaling the lies about the EU were quick to label it undemocratic without much understanding of the democratic roles played by the various EU arms.

Excellent way of putting things, sometimes it’s all too easy to be excessively confrontational especially from behind the safety of a keyboard.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 10:35 - Jan 22 with 1033 viewsChurchman

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 15:28 - Jan 21 by bluelagos

Couple of things Harry.

Much like calling people reluctant to get vaccinated thick or selfish is unlikely to change people's minds, I suggest the same when labeling someone thick for their support of vote Leave. It's hardly conducive to changing people's position.

'Naive' or 'gullible' seems a far better description, especially given the lies that people were fed.
---
"How many brexiters actually understood what the EU Parliament, Commission or council did"

Tbh, I don't think many of us had much of a clue, it's just not something we get into unless it's part of the day job. Accept absolutely those pedaling the lies about the EU were quick to label it undemocratic without much understanding of the democratic roles played by the various EU arms.

Bluelagos - you are right in saying not all brexiteers are thick. Several friends of mine still support Brexit and they are not stupid people.

You are right in saying about most people not having much of a clue re Brexit. The level of debate was feeble, not least because the people holding it had no idea themselves. For me, my heart said leave, but having a little bit of understanding of economics and doing my own bit of research, I had to vote remain. It was the only logical choice for me.

What I can tell you as fact is that the U.K. government had no idea what the impact of leaving the EU was likely to be. Not a clue. They had no clue about how trade worked here or abroad, what the regulations meant and why they were there.

They had not the foggiest on what the impact was on, for example, border control processes, IT systems or any other element of how an economy actually works. Customers Union? That had to be explained to them long after Teresa May signed the see ya later document. And that’s before you get to really sensitive political stuff like Northern Ireland.

If the people putting the referendum to the people had no idea what they were on about, how on earth did they expect the public to make any sort of rational choice? It’s little wonder we wound up with buses with slogans scribbled on the side. It was pathetic.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 11:22 - Jan 22 with 1022 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 10:35 - Jan 22 by Churchman

Bluelagos - you are right in saying not all brexiteers are thick. Several friends of mine still support Brexit and they are not stupid people.

You are right in saying about most people not having much of a clue re Brexit. The level of debate was feeble, not least because the people holding it had no idea themselves. For me, my heart said leave, but having a little bit of understanding of economics and doing my own bit of research, I had to vote remain. It was the only logical choice for me.

What I can tell you as fact is that the U.K. government had no idea what the impact of leaving the EU was likely to be. Not a clue. They had no clue about how trade worked here or abroad, what the regulations meant and why they were there.

They had not the foggiest on what the impact was on, for example, border control processes, IT systems or any other element of how an economy actually works. Customers Union? That had to be explained to them long after Teresa May signed the see ya later document. And that’s before you get to really sensitive political stuff like Northern Ireland.

If the people putting the referendum to the people had no idea what they were on about, how on earth did they expect the public to make any sort of rational choice? It’s little wonder we wound up with buses with slogans scribbled on the side. It was pathetic.

Oh God.

I really didn't want to get in to a debate this morning but you've got me.

What you are saying as a fact is nonsense and you are undermining people. We are talking about a union here that we were actually refused entry in the first place!

When we eventually were allowed to join it was a common market and was nothing like what we had when we left, we were in fact part of a machine that we didn't and or weren't allowed to vote for. The EU are really standing firm over the Ukraine issue aren't they? They will say and do feck all because they haven't got the balls, they will wait for Uncle Sam and UK to have a nudge.

Northern Ireland is a problem but it's used as leverage for political gain, not one person from either side mentioned NI during the referendum process, it has become a tool to beat people with. The Good Friday agreement for peace is being used as a tool for conflict, it's pathetic.

...And then you have cretins like Sturgeon banging on about independence and talking about rejoining the EU, how on earth do you think that is going to work when we have enough problems with NI?

You say that government had no idea, from the look at your post you have no idea either, not a scooby - like most.

It will take 15 years to sort out the withdrawal, it will be a long process. If anything this is the problem that people didn't accept or realise.

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 11:51 - Jan 22 with 988 viewsChurchman

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 11:22 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

Oh God.

What you are saying as a fact is nonsense and you are undermining people. We are talking about a union here that we were actually refused entry in the first place!

When we eventually were allowed to join it was a common market and was nothing like what we had when we left, we were in fact part of a machine that we didn't and or weren't allowed to vote for. The EU are really standing firm over the Ukraine issue aren't they? They will say and do feck all because they haven't got the balls, they will wait for Uncle Sam and UK to have a nudge.

Northern Ireland is a problem but it's used as leverage for political gain, not one person from either side mentioned NI during the referendum process, it has become a tool to beat people with. The Good Friday agreement for peace is being used as a tool for conflict, it's pathetic.

...And then you have cretins like Sturgeon banging on about independence and talking about rejoining the EU, how on earth do you think that is going to work when we have enough problems with NI?

You say that government had no idea, from the look at your post you have no idea either, not a scooby - like most.

It will take 15 years to sort out the withdrawal, it will be a long process. If anything this is the problem that people didn't accept or realise.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course. Paragraphs 2 and 5 of my post was my opinion. The other paragraphs were based on first hand experience.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 12:02 - Jan 22 with 972 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 11:51 - Jan 22 by Churchman

You are entitled to your opinion, of course. Paragraphs 2 and 5 of my post was my opinion. The other paragraphs were based on first hand experience.

Appreciated.

I deal with the Brexit fallout on a daily basis and it's cost me about £100k - and even now I don't understand the full complexity of it. Don't get me started on UKCA and CE marking and the legality of dual labelling.

Glad you've nailed it, fair play to you.

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 12:21 - Jan 22 with 946 viewsXYZ

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 11:22 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

Oh God.

Prior to joining Ted Heath said publicly that the common market would lead to much closed political union.

That was out in the public domain prior to the 1975 confirmatory referendum.

NATO is the defence agreement body, not the EU. It's not in the EU's mandate from member countries.

Scotland having a hard border with England hasn't has much discussion as far as I'm aware, so that's one good point.

Being silent about the threat to the Good Friday agreement is an interesting take. Very English. I mentioned Northern Ireland being a problem on here. The Leave people claimed there'd be frictionless trade - the NI problem only arose once leaving the Single Market and Customs Union became the hard brexiteers demands.

The damage to the UK is permanent. It's economics module 1.0.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 12:31 - Jan 22 with 933 viewsChurchman

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 12:02 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

Appreciated.

I deal with the Brexit fallout on a daily basis and it's cost me about £100k - and even now I don't understand the full complexity of it. Don't get me started on UKCA and CE marking and the legality of dual labelling.

Glad you've nailed it, fair play to you.

I am not surprised regarding hearing what you are saying about the costs to your business and the issue of labelling/marking. Part of my job meant at times delving into the complexity of EU rules. A stuff of nightmares in a lot of areas doesn’t cover it.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 12:33 - Jan 22 with 924 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 12:21 - Jan 22 by XYZ

Prior to joining Ted Heath said publicly that the common market would lead to much closed political union.

That was out in the public domain prior to the 1975 confirmatory referendum.

NATO is the defence agreement body, not the EU. It's not in the EU's mandate from member countries.

Scotland having a hard border with England hasn't has much discussion as far as I'm aware, so that's one good point.

Being silent about the threat to the Good Friday agreement is an interesting take. Very English. I mentioned Northern Ireland being a problem on here. The Leave people claimed there'd be frictionless trade - the NI problem only arose once leaving the Single Market and Customs Union became the hard brexiteers demands.

The damage to the UK is permanent. It's economics module 1.0.

You have gone full cherry picking remoaner mode.

I have to say I never heard one single thing about NI until after the vote - and as a simple man I still struggle to understand the big problem, it's almost as if Northern Ireland is being used as a political weapon but obviously that wouldn't happen, would it?

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 12:49 - Jan 22 with 882 viewsXYZ

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 12:33 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

I have to say I never heard one single thing about NI until after the vote - and as a simple man I still struggle to understand the big problem, it's almost as if Northern Ireland is being used as a political weapon but obviously that wouldn't happen, would it?

"Remoaner" isn't a term used by those trying to make coherent arguments.

As I said, you heard nothing about NI until after 2016 because the Leavers said there would be frictionless borders. stay in the CU and SM and you don't have a conflict between brexit and the GFA.

Leave the CU and SM and you do have a big problem. Hence the NI Protocol fudge that Johnson was forced into.

People speaking up about concerns for the peace in NI is politics.

What's your solution for NI? The EU should just accept a leaky border that undermines the whole basis of 350 million people's economy?

My view - in the medium term, the people of NI will seek to leave the UK and the English will be mostly neutral on that.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 13:29 - Jan 22 with 850 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 12:49 - Jan 22 by XYZ

"Remoaner" isn't a term used by those trying to make coherent arguments.

As I said, you heard nothing about NI until after 2016 because the Leavers said there would be frictionless borders. stay in the CU and SM and you don't have a conflict between brexit and the GFA.

Leave the CU and SM and you do have a big problem. Hence the NI Protocol fudge that Johnson was forced into.

People speaking up about concerns for the peace in NI is politics.

What's your solution for NI? The EU should just accept a leaky border that undermines the whole basis of 350 million people's economy?

My view - in the medium term, the people of NI will seek to leave the UK and the English will be mostly neutral on that.

Trading Standards are the appointed body - it needn't be a problem unless you make it one - this is of course just my opinion, and I will stand to be corrected.

My biggest customer is in Portadown so I have an interest in this matter but to be honest I struggle to see why people make the issue so complicated - it needn't be.

As for your earlier comments about NATO - well NATO is a busted flush.

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 13:45 - Jan 22 with 827 viewsZXBlue

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 12:33 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

It was always the elephant in the room, and it was never a problem with a viable solution. That's what scuppered May's efforts. Boris just pretended the problem didn't exist and has created a potentially dangerous and divisive situation which is also causing adminstrative grief for many.

You cant be separate from the EU on standards and tariffs, and still have an open border. You cant close the border between North and southern Ireland without breaching the GF agreement and effectively inviting the resumption of terrorism and violence. You cant move the border to the Irish sea without also breaching the agreement in the other direction and inviting similar repsonse form Unionists who see their connection to the UK being progressively undermined and removed against their will.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 13:52 - Jan 22 with 813 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 13:45 - Jan 22 by ZXBlue

It was always the elephant in the room, and it was never a problem with a viable solution. That's what scuppered May's efforts. Boris just pretended the problem didn't exist and has created a potentially dangerous and divisive situation which is also causing adminstrative grief for many.

You cant be separate from the EU on standards and tariffs, and still have an open border. You cant close the border between North and southern Ireland without breaching the GF agreement and effectively inviting the resumption of terrorism and violence. You cant move the border to the Irish sea without also breaching the agreement in the other direction and inviting similar repsonse form Unionists who see their connection to the UK being progressively undermined and removed against their will.

As I mentioned - I stand to be corrected and I welcome being educated.

Q/ Why can't you have separate product standards and tariffs? A border need't be a solid wall, it's just trade!

Northern Ireland is adopting CE and UKNI but not UKCA?? Why???????

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:01 - Jan 22 with 791 viewsHARRY10

eh ?

What on earth has trading standards got to do with the NI border problem ?

Put simply the EU requires customs checks at it's borders. This would normally be done at its border with NI. However, due to the Good Friday agreement (an international treaty), that stops any border between the two Irelands. So that is not possible.

So it either has to be at the NI or GB ports.

This means NI is now cut off from the UK by border checks, something not appreciated by Unionists, or exporters having to fill out forms and be subject to checks and delays. It also amounts to an EU controlled border within UK sovereign territory.

This was known, and warned about, however this was dismissed by brexiteers who chose to believe the lies of Johnson. As with so much, the reality is now hotting home, hard

Here is the bloated buffoon, pssed, lying through his teeth - whether out of ignorance or intentionally lying is a moot point. Knave or joker

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:03 - Jan 22 with 788 viewsZXBlue

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 13:52 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

As I mentioned - I stand to be corrected and I welcome being educated.

Q/ Why can't you have separate product standards and tariffs? A border need't be a solid wall, it's just trade!

Northern Ireland is adopting CE and UKNI but not UKCA?? Why???????

Because you then need some sort of customs checks on things moving through. EU dont want under-standard goods coming in or to miss tariffs etc.

You cant do that without some sort of border checks. That is an absolute no-no to momany in NI, either because it separaes north and south, or separates uk and North.
Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:13 - Jan 22 with 769 viewsLord_Lucan

Boris Johnson is a terrible prime minister and a worse human being on 14:03 - Jan 22 by ZXBlue

Because you then need some sort of customs checks on things moving through. EU dont want under-standard goods coming in or to miss tariffs etc.

You cant do that without some sort of border checks. That is an absolute no-no to momany in NI, either because it separaes north and south, or separates uk and North.

Yes, I completely understand what you are saying and I understand that a border is necessary for goods - but if we were in a world of grown ups then it needn't be an issue.

A border is by and large electronic - I fail to see the problem, I genuinely do.

UK has left the EU, what is the actual problem in having a check on goods? Why are people complicating things and using the Good Friday agreement as a weapon?

What's the difference between a Trading Standards officer inspecting a consignment of eggs to a load of counterfeit cigarettes?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024