Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) 06:40 - Feb 2 with 3405 viewscarlisleaway

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 06:46 - Feb 2 with 2785 viewsITFC_Forever

Depends if you think we have a chance, they’re three points behind us with a game in hand.

If people think we have no chance, neither have they. And if people think we do have a chance, so do they.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 07:06 - Feb 2 with 2741 viewsChrisd

They are on a good run, but like us, they have got too much to do to gatecrash the top 6.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 07:08 - Feb 2 with 2732 viewsclive_baker

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 06:46 - Feb 2 by ITFC_Forever

Depends if you think we have a chance, they’re three points behind us with a game in hand.

If people think we have no chance, neither have they. And if people think we do have a chance, so do they.

They’re better than us though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 07:25 - Feb 2 with 2691 viewsITFC_Forever

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 07:08 - Feb 2 by clive_baker

They’re better than us though.

Not according to the league table they’re not.

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 07:51 - Feb 2 with 2617 viewsclive_baker

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 07:25 - Feb 2 by ITFC_Forever

If we apply that logic we might as well all go home now and the table remains as is. They were certainly better than us only a couple of weeks ago and look to be in very good form.

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:00 - Feb 2 with 2583 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 07:51 - Feb 2 by clive_baker

If we apply that logic we might as well all go home now and the table remains as is. They were certainly better than us only a couple of weeks ago and look to be in very good form.

Weve beaten Wycombe twice, are we any better than them?
Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:05 - Feb 2 with 2550 viewsITFC_Forever

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 07:51 - Feb 2 by clive_baker

We're averaging 2 pts a game since KMc took over.

Keep that up and we'll be in the POs.

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:09 - Feb 2 with 2504 viewsChrisd

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:05 - Feb 2 by ITFC_Forever

We're averaging 2 pts a game since KMc took over.

Keep that up and we'll be in the POs.

What about if the sides in the top 6 earn 2pts a game from now until the end of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:10 - Feb 2 with 2494 viewsclive_baker

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:00 - Feb 2 by abracaDOBRA_

Weve beaten Wycombe twice, are we any better than them?

I would say so, and they’ve lost their last 2. I think they’re the ones that could drop out of the playoffs now, on recent evidence. Good at what they do but I think MK Dons are a better side. I think the top 4 will be the current top 4. Sheffield Wednesday are the most likely to make a late charge with their game in hand. If they win that they’re 8 ahead of us and only 3 behind Wycombe. Oxford are decent too, and Bolton have the form with 12 points from their last 12. KM was left with too much to do.

Long way to go yet though, form in jan is great but everyone will win and lose games over the next few months. Ultimately we just need to focus on the job in hand but there’s such little margin for error. 6 points in the next week would make the MK Dons game interesting though.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 8:14]

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:10 - Feb 2 with 2492 viewsITFC_Forever

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:09 - Feb 2 by Chrisd

What about if the sides in the top 6 earn 2pts a game from now until the end of the season?

Then we'll miss out, but it's unlikely they'll do that.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 8:10]

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:13 - Feb 2 with 2459 viewsChrisd

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:10 - Feb 2 by ITFC_Forever

And it’s unlikely we’ll do it too.

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 09:14 - Feb 2 with 2300 viewsITFC_Forever

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:13 - Feb 2 by Chrisd

It's possible, although I am ever the optimist.

A run of winnable games coming up can get us ahead of the run-rate.

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 09:16 - Feb 2 with 2283 viewsChrisd

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 09:14 - Feb 2 by ITFC_Forever

It's possible, although I am ever the optimist.

A run of winnable games coming up can get us ahead of the run-rate.

That comes shining through ITFC Forever.

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 09:32 - Feb 2 with 2228 viewsGuthrum

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:10 - Feb 2 by clive_baker

I would say so, and they’ve lost their last 2. I think they’re the ones that could drop out of the playoffs now, on recent evidence. Good at what they do but I think MK Dons are a better side. I think the top 4 will be the current top 4. Sheffield Wednesday are the most likely to make a late charge with their game in hand. If they win that they’re 8 ahead of us and only 3 behind Wycombe. Oxford are decent too, and Bolton have the form with 12 points from their last 12. KM was left with too much to do.

Long way to go yet though, form in jan is great but everyone will win and lose games over the next few months. Ultimately we just need to focus on the job in hand but there’s such little margin for error. 6 points in the next week would make the MK Dons game interesting though.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 8:14]

Tho if you look over the last six, Bolton's points form is identical to ours (they lost the two before that, as well).

Plus they lost twice to Wycombe, a team we beat twice, tho Bolton beat us twice. Some teams just seem to have a hold over others.

Think there will be several clubs making late charges from mid-table in the latter part of the season - including ourselves, Bolton and maybe Burton - while some of the front-runners - most notably Sunderland, but also Wycombe, Plymouth and Oxford (despite tonking Gillingham) - struggle to keep up the pace.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 09:34 - Feb 2 with 2203 viewsHighgateBlue

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:10 - Feb 2 by ITFC_Forever

So what is it likely they'll do then, according to your model in which 75 points guarantees the playoffs?

If Oxford average just 1.53ppg, Wycombe and MK 1.42ppg, and Sunderland and above 1.3ppg, then we still miss out. And that ignores Plymouth and Wednesday who are way ahead of us.

Sure there's a chance 75 points would be enough, and it would have been enough in a lot of previous seasons, but you can't possibly say we'll definitely be in the playoffs if we get 75 points.

Yes, we may do even better than 2ppg, but that's not the hypothesis I'm responding to.
Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 09:35 - Feb 2 with 2194 viewsLeoMuff

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 09:32 - Feb 2 by Guthrum

Tho if you look over the last six, Bolton's points form is identical to ours (they lost the two before that, as well).

Plus they lost twice to Wycombe, a team we beat twice, tho Bolton beat us twice. Some teams just seem to have a hold over others.

Think there will be several clubs making late charges from mid-table in the latter part of the season - including ourselves, Bolton and maybe Burton - while some of the front-runners - most notably Sunderland, but also Wycombe, Plymouth and Oxford (despite tonking Gillingham) - struggle to keep up the pace.

Burton are in decent form, looks like that will be a tricky match.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 09:45 - Feb 2 with 2146 viewsDMDC

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:09 - Feb 2 by Chrisd

Exactly. There is no way we are making the play offs. We are way too inconsistent anyway.
Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 15:49 - Feb 2 with 1930 viewsjayessess

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 08:13 - Feb 2 by Chrisd

Whilst it is indeed unlikely that we'll improve to that extent, it is slightly more likely than multiple teams doing it at the same time.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 17:25 - Feb 2 with 1832 viewsbilllm

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 07:25 - Feb 2 by ITFC_Forever

Will be at the end, we're all huff and no puff, there direct and get results, last week's Sheffield game capped it for me one word, BOTTLERS,
Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 19:32 - Feb 2 with 1767 viewsRonFearonsHair

Quick, someone call Agent Knight!
Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 19:56 - Feb 2 with 1730 viewsChrisd

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 15:49 - Feb 2 by jayessess

Whilst it is indeed unlikely that we'll improve to that extent, it is slightly more likely than multiple teams doing it at the same time.

The fact is those teams above us don’t need to ascertain 2pts a game, in fact far less. All this excitement over the last 6 leagues because we have amassed 2pts per game. If you look at other sides over that same period 3 or 4 of the sides in the top 6 have achieved the same points haul if not better. Naturally, I’d like us to do it, but my logical side tells me it just won’t happen especially when we can’t win more than two consecutive games.

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 21:17 - Feb 2 with 1650 viewsjayessess

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 19:56 - Feb 2 by Chrisd

The fact is those teams above us don’t need to ascertain 2pts a game, in fact far less. All this excitement over the last 6 leagues because we have amassed 2pts per game. If you look at other sides over that same period 3 or 4 of the sides in the top 6 have achieved the same points haul if not better. Naturally, I’d like us to do it, but my logical side tells me it just won’t happen especially when we can’t win more than two consecutive games.

Over the last 6, Rotherham and Bolton equalled us, MK Dons took 1 more point, Wigan 2 more. Of those Wigan and Rotherham aren't our concern any more, Bolton are behind us anyway.

We gained 2 points on Wycombe and Plymouth, 3 on Sheff Wed, 4 on Oxford and Sunderland. At that rate we'd catch Sheff Wed, Oxford and be within a point, more or less, of Plymouth and Sunderland.

We have to continue improving and we have to ace February, but it's not by any means impossible.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 21:27 - Feb 2 with 1635 viewsTheBoyBlue

They are like just about every other team in this division. They go on a brilliant run, everyone waxes lyrical about them and then lose 2 or 3 on the trot and vice versa. Which is why it is frustrating that we haven't got on a proper run going.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 21:27]

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 22:36 - Feb 2 with 1559 viewsChrisd

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 21:17 - Feb 2 by jayessess

Over the last 6, Rotherham and Bolton equalled us, MK Dons took 1 more point, Wigan 2 more. Of those Wigan and Rotherham aren't our concern any more, Bolton are behind us anyway.

We gained 2 points on Wycombe and Plymouth, 3 on Sheff Wed, 4 on Oxford and Sunderland. At that rate we'd catch Sheff Wed, Oxford and be within a point, more or less, of Plymouth and Sunderland.

We have to continue improving and we have to ace February, but it's not by any means impossible.

Never said it was impossible, but to base our chances on a 6 game spell and in two of those games we’ve looked poor, it certainly doesn’t convince me. We’ll finish top 10, but outside the play off places.

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 22:48 - Feb 2 with 1528 viewsPinewoodblue

Bolton look like they are going to make a good run into play offs (n/t) on 22:36 - Feb 2 by Chrisd

Never said it was impossible, but to base our chances on a 6 game spell and in two of those games we’ve looked poor, it certainly doesn’t convince me. We’ll finish top 10, but outside the play off places.

It is worth remembering that we have 6 less points than we had this stage last season.

Play offs remain a possibility, we will have a better idea of our chances at the end of the month.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024