Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Justin Langer 09:45 - Feb 5 with 964 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Resigned (having apparently been told he had to reapply for his job)

Crossing the floor maybe?

I'd rather Kirsten

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Justin Langer on 09:59 - Feb 5 with 903 viewsGuthrum

Appears to be a good coach, was a great opening batsman (we need some of that instilling into the squad), has a reputation as a bit of a disciplinarian (no bad thing). He turned the Aussie team around from the moral low point of the ball tampering scandal, which lost them the captain and key players. Oversaw a very "clean" and good-tempered Ashes this time around.

I like him as a potential England coach.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Justin Langer on 10:14 - Feb 5 with 865 viewsChurchman

Justin Langer on 09:59 - Feb 5 by Guthrum

Appears to be a good coach, was a great opening batsman (we need some of that instilling into the squad), has a reputation as a bit of a disciplinarian (no bad thing). He turned the Aussie team around from the moral low point of the ball tampering scandal, which lost them the captain and key players. Oversaw a very "clean" and good-tempered Ashes this time around.

I like him as a potential England coach.

Langer would have to be paid a fortune to coach England or to have lost his mind or both. You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear and the only outcome would be to damage his reputation
Justin Langer on 10:15 - Feb 5 with 856 viewsWD19

Justin Langer on 10:14 - Feb 5 by Churchman

Langer would have to be paid a fortune to coach England or to have lost his mind or both. You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear and the only outcome would be to damage his reputation

He would be paid a fortune and he is Strauss mate.
Justin Langer on 10:21 - Feb 5 with 839 viewsGuthrum

He's got a pretty low base to improve upon at the moment. Anything better than a shambolic near-whitewash will be considered as having done a decent job.

Not to mention the prospect of revenge upon Cricket Australia for the way they've just messed him about.

Justin Langer on 10:23 - Feb 5 with 831 viewsGuthrum

Justin Langer on 10:15 - Feb 5 by WD19

He would be paid a fortune and he is Strauss mate.

I know Strauss is only temporarily in the role, but having two opening batsmen running English cricket may be no bad thing.

Justin Langer on 10:37 - Feb 5 with 807 viewssolemio

When he was Somerset captain he was generally well thought of except by Ian Blackwell. He insisted that if Blackwell wanted to play he had to lose weight. Blackwell didn't stay too much longer, which was a pity as he was a useful bowler and exciting batsman.

In a match at Northampton one of the Northants players kept getting on at Marcus Trescothick. After a while Tres's batting partner, Justin Langer, went up close to the Northants fielder and spoke quietly to him. Not another word was said to Tres!

Another aspect of Langer's character I saw away at Leicester. He hit a one bounce four which struck an elderly lady who was sitting by the pavilion. I've never seen anyone run faster on a cricket field than Langer as he rushed down to check that the lady was okay.

A more complex character than might at first be apparent.
Justin Langer on 10:52 - Feb 5 with 776 viewsChrisd

He's got to be up there as a genuine candidate. I really liked how he came across in the Aussie cricketing documentary on Prime too. How intriguing would the next Ashes series be if he became our head coach? Would certainly add a bit of spice to the contest.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Justin Langer on 10:59 - Feb 5 with 749 viewsIpswichKnight

He might do something that our recent coaches have done and actually coach and improve our batsman. Our bowlers would bowl to the plan and not decide to be the next Malcom Marshall by testing the middle of every pitch ( while bowling 20mph slower than the great Malcom Marshall ).
Login to get fewer ads

Justin Langer on 11:10 - Feb 5 with 716 viewsjimsymBLUE

Justin Langer on 10:52 - Feb 5 by Chrisd

He's got to be up there as a genuine candidate. I really liked how he came across in the Aussie cricketing documentary on Prime too. How intriguing would the next Ashes series be if he became our head coach? Would certainly add a bit of spice to the contest.

Every chance that Bayliss will be the next Aussie coach by all accounts. Interesting dynamics going on there if JL gets the Eng job. I'd be in favour of either Langer or Kirsten for the test job with the short form reigns handed to Colly.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Justin Langer on 14:35 - Feb 5 with 544 viewsnoggin

Whatever happened to The Britboy Langers?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024