Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Judge 20:59 - Feb 1 with 3685 viewshype313

Wow, take a bow

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Alan Judge on 21:09 - Feb 1 with 3599 viewsWestover

Yes lovely goal Huws should have scored as well much better second half.
Alan Judge on 00:03 - Feb 2 with 3076 viewsJimmy86

Judgey is 1 of the players I was gutted to see leave I've gotta say! He'd have still contributed at this level!!
Alan Judge on 07:07 - Feb 2 with 2745 viewsclive_baker

Alan Judge on 00:03 - Feb 2 by Jimmy86

Judgey is 1 of the players I was gutted to see leave I've gotta say! He'd have still contributed at this level!!

I think it was right to move him on but he was certainly one of only a handful who consistently seemed to put the graft in. Ronaldo he wasn’t, but surrounded by the sea of sh1t that was Keanan Bennetts and Josh Harrop et al he never deserved the amount of stick he got on. In difficult personal circumstances and difficult times at the club he carried himself well and never lacked effort or desire.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Alan Judge on 07:33 - Feb 2 with 2642 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/12

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Alan Judge on 08:36 - Feb 2 with 2405 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Never did anything of the sort for us.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Alan Judge on 08:41 - Feb 2 with 2382 viewsGarv

Of all the sub par players we had it never made sense that he was the one that took so much stick. I guess it came from the realisation that he wasn't the player we thought we'd signed.

Legs had well and truly gone so it was definitely his time at this level, but he never hid and was often the only one actually trying things instead of passing sideways.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Alan Judge on 08:44 - Feb 2 with 2359 viewsChurchman

He didn’t though. Not for the want of trying, but injuries and age have taken their toll sadly and he’s playing at the right level now.
Alan Judge on 08:58 - Feb 2 with 2253 viewsSharkey

Alan Judge on 08:44 - Feb 2 by Churchman

He didn’t though. Not for the want of trying, but injuries and age have taken their toll sadly and he’s playing at the right level now.

He still looks a cut above, in patches, when he gets the bit between his teeth. (Excuse the mixed metaphors.) I'm hoping that these performances will be more common now that Joe Dunne, his fellow Dubliner, is training them.
Login to get fewer ads

Alan Judge on 09:00 - Feb 2 with 2233 viewshype313

Alan Judge on 08:58 - Feb 2 by Sharkey

He still looks a cut above, in patches, when he gets the bit between his teeth. (Excuse the mixed metaphors.) I'm hoping that these performances will be more common now that Joe Dunne, his fellow Dubliner, is training them.

Watched the game last night, Judge was decent and his goal was brilliant, but he wouldn't displace one of Celina, Chaplin or Aluko right now.

Alan Judge on 09:03 - Feb 2 with 2196 viewsSouperJim

Alan Judge on 07:07 - Feb 2 by clive_baker

I think it was right to move him on but he was certainly one of only a handful who consistently seemed to put the graft in. Ronaldo he wasn’t, but surrounded by the sea of sh1t that was Keanan Bennetts and Josh Harrop et al he never deserved the amount of stick he got on. In difficult personal circumstances and difficult times at the club he carried himself well and never lacked effort or desire.

I agree with the sentiment here, he certainly went through a very tough time and his performances were further impacted by how poor we were as a team, but based on what I've read he's not pulled up too many trees in League Two this season.

I remember people getting excited about Judge when we signed him in the Championship. He was here 2.5 years and ended up in League Two, I think that speaks for itself. A good pro who worked hard, but I don't think he was ever quite the same player after Hyam cut him in half. He's at the level appropriate to what he can now bring to the table I'm afraid. Anybody getting misty eyed and saying he would still play a part in our current team is, imho, sadly mistaken.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Alan Judge on 10:10 - Feb 2 with 1961 viewsRobTheMonk

Judge was awful for us in that final season.
Alan Judge on 10:28 - Feb 2 with 1902 viewsBlueBadger

Had his one effective game of the season then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Alan Judge on 10:28 - Feb 2 with 1894 viewsBlueBadger

LOL

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Alan Judge on 10:31 - Feb 2 with 1879 viewshype313

Alan Judge on 10:28 - Feb 2 by BlueBadger

I'd just like to point out that it was a great goal he scored in my OP, there was no mention of "He should still be here" "Why did we get rid" etc.

He scored a fabulous goal, no more no less, should have known it was going to turn into a full on meltdown and arguments.

Alan Judge on 10:36 - Feb 2 with 1856 viewsMach_foreignBlue

He isn't a 'fantastic professional' is he?
Alan Judge on 11:00 - Feb 2 with 1763 viewsLeoMuff

Alan Judge on 09:00 - Feb 2 by hype313

Watched the game last night, Judge was decent and his goal was brilliant, but he wouldn't displace one of Celina, Chaplin or Aluko right now.

Exactly - great goal, we all know he can do that but compare to say Aluko who gives you goal threat, workrate and the ability to break up the play….

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Alan Judge on 11:12 - Feb 2 with 1708 viewsclive_baker

Alan Judge on 09:03 - Feb 2 by SouperJim

I agree with the sentiment here, he certainly went through a very tough time and his performances were further impacted by how poor we were as a team, but based on what I've read he's not pulled up too many trees in League Two this season.

I remember people getting excited about Judge when we signed him in the Championship. He was here 2.5 years and ended up in League Two, I think that speaks for itself. A good pro who worked hard, but I don't think he was ever quite the same player after Hyam cut him in half. He's at the level appropriate to what he can now bring to the table I'm afraid. Anybody getting misty eyed and saying he would still play a part in our current team is, imho, sadly mistaken.

Oh I agree, as I said it was right to move him on for sure if we're serious about getting promoted. As you say I think where he's ended up probably says something about the level he should be playing at, so I have no issue at all that he left, I would've made the same call. Signings like Celina and Chaplin are a completely different level really.

I do think in the context of the squad he was playing in, and the performances we were turning out as a collective, it did baffle me how he got so much abuse. He was putting a shift in, had a decent little run of goals and assists when he found his fitness and we looked a better side with his industry in it. Guess he and Chambers etc were victims of being bigger fish and senior players at a time when many others were doing a lot less to earn their pay packets.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Alan Judge on 11:22 - Feb 2 with 1659 viewsJimmy86

LOL

Scored a few goals for us last season did he not?! Remember the free kick against Doncaster.. he had COVID and lost his mother to cancer... still did alright for us last season... I personally liked him as a player and as a person

And to be fair it is just my personal opinion, which I'm entitled to.. why the need to be so dismissive? You really get a kick out of goading people on here don't you?!
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 11:36]
Alan Judge on 11:23 - Feb 2 with 1660 viewsSouperJim

Alan Judge on 11:12 - Feb 2 by clive_baker

Oh I agree, as I said it was right to move him on for sure if we're serious about getting promoted. As you say I think where he's ended up probably says something about the level he should be playing at, so I have no issue at all that he left, I would've made the same call. Signings like Celina and Chaplin are a completely different level really.

I do think in the context of the squad he was playing in, and the performances we were turning out as a collective, it did baffle me how he got so much abuse. He was putting a shift in, had a decent little run of goals and assists when he found his fitness and we looked a better side with his industry in it. Guess he and Chambers etc were victims of being bigger fish and senior players at a time when many others were doing a lot less to earn their pay packets.

Yeah I think you've hit the nail on the head, Judge was one of the small handful of players who we expected (rightly or wrongly) to be able to drag us out of the mire. When he proved to not be able to walk on water, people got frustrated with him.

I must admit I thought he was going to be a bigger player for us than he turned out to be, but what he had going on in his personal life gave his performances a lot of context.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Alan Judge on 12:50 - Feb 2 with 1456 viewsBlueBadger

Alan Judge on 10:36 - Feb 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

He isn't a 'fantastic professional' is he?

You should probably seek help for this now. Mick's gone, Chambo has gone, Skusey has gone, Lambert has gone. It's time to move on. This isn't healthy.

Alan Judge on 12:58 - Feb 2 with 1406 viewsHam_and_Eggs

Aye was a cracking goal
Alan Judge on 13:13 - Feb 2 with 1332 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Alan Judge on 12:50 - Feb 2 by BlueBadger

You should probably seek help for this now. Mick's gone, Chambo has gone, Skusey has gone, Lambert has gone. It's time to move on. This isn't healthy.

You Do Have Real Concerns don't you?

If Lamberts gone why are you waffling about him so frequently?

Anyway I was asking about Judge. Not the people you have mentioned so why are you getting paranoid?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 13:20]
Alan Judge on 15:02 - Feb 2 with 1118 viewsArnieM

Alan Judge on 08:36 - Feb 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Never did anything of the sort for us.

Exactly! Nice goal it was but to put it into perspective he’s now playing in division FOUR,

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Alan Judge on 14:30 - Feb 5 with 790 viewsSharkey

Alan Judge on 11:23 - Feb 2 by SouperJim

Yeah I think you've hit the nail on the head, Judge was one of the small handful of players who we expected (rightly or wrongly) to be able to drag us out of the mire. When he proved to not be able to walk on water, people got frustrated with him.

I must admit I thought he was going to be a bigger player for us than he turned out to be, but what he had going on in his personal life gave his performances a lot of context.

Hopefully his personal life feels better now: he's missing today's game because his wife has gone into labour.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2022 14:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024