Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MK Dons - Pub? 11:39 - Feb 10 with 2379 viewsCookioo

Hi All,

MK Dons is my first away game for years, is there going to be an away fans pub for a couple before the game? If so any ideas of the name?

Thanks....
MK Dons - Pub? on 12:09 - Feb 10 with 2298 viewskeanekipper

crate from the supermarket, then into one of the parks which look close on the map!!!
MK Dons - Pub? on 12:19 - Feb 10 with 2278 viewsmkbobby

There’s not many pubs in the vicinity of the ground but there’s some in fenny Stratford which is about a 15-20 min walk to the ground ie the swan hotel, the chequers , malsters & the bull & butcher to name a few all within 2 mins of each other but fenny Stratford is closer to Bletchley than central Milton Keynes so I suggest anyone getting a train to try and get off at Bletchley and get a taxi to fenny be about £6 in a cab use Speedline taxis there pretty reliable and have the monopoly in Milton Keynes 01908 260260 I’m going to be in the swan hotel in fenny
MK Dons - Pub? on 12:56 - Feb 10 with 2162 viewsRozz

MK Dons - Pub? on 12:19 - Feb 10 by mkbobby

There’s not many pubs in the vicinity of the ground but there’s some in fenny Stratford which is about a 15-20 min walk to the ground ie the swan hotel, the chequers , malsters & the bull & butcher to name a few all within 2 mins of each other but fenny Stratford is closer to Bletchley than central Milton Keynes so I suggest anyone getting a train to try and get off at Bletchley and get a taxi to fenny be about £6 in a cab use Speedline taxis there pretty reliable and have the monopoly in Milton Keynes 01908 260260 I’m going to be in the swan hotel in fenny

Anything worth visiting in town or Bletchley?
MK Dons - Pub? on 13:11 - Feb 10 with 2108 viewsFtnfwest

Only 35 miles for me as in North Herts but if you do a mini detour from the A507 there's a nice pub in Ridgmont called the Rose & Crown, nice pies and sausages meals as well.
MK Dons - Pub? on 13:16 - Feb 10 with 2089 viewsBlueandTruesince82

MK Dons - Pub? on 12:56 - Feb 10 by Rozz

Bletchley Park is v good, where the codebreakers were based in WW2. Enigma machines etc probably want to allow 1.5hrs to wonder round though.

Otherwise no, Bletchley is....not my favourite area of MK.

If you like winter sports then try and book a session in the xscape.

Not really many tourist attractions, most people come for the shops really

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

MK Dons - Pub? on 13:34 - Feb 10 with 2030 viewsmkbobby

MK Dons - Pub? on 12:56 - Feb 10 by Rozz

There’s 2 pubs in Bletchley mccarthys sports bar which is a 3 min walk from Bletchley train station and a Wetherspoons ( Captain Ridley shooting party) which is a good. 10 min walk which makes it further away from the ground
MK Dons - Pub? on 14:32 - Feb 10 with 1912 viewsRozz

MK Dons - Pub? on 13:34 - Feb 10 by mkbobby

There’s 2 pubs in Bletchley mccarthys sports bar which is a 3 min walk from Bletchley train station and a Wetherspoons ( Captain Ridley shooting party) which is a good. 10 min walk which makes it further away from the ground

Lovely, cheers.

Had planned to have a few around Euston before getting a later train but feeling increasingly keen to soak up the atmosphere if we're taking 7000 fans. Can either jump off at Bletchley or carry on to MK centre.
MK Dons - Pub? on 14:35 - Feb 10 with 1899 viewsSamWhiteUK

MK Dons - Pub? on 12:09 - Feb 10 by keanekipper

crate from the supermarket, then into one of the parks which look close on the map!!!

Actually sounds quite fun, imagine 7000 traveling Blue Army just chilling in the park. Probably be better in the warmer months though!!
Login to get fewer ads

MK Dons - Pub? on 14:56 - Feb 10 with 1852 viewsLeistonBlue

We’re heading to The Eight Belles, right by Bletchley station - been full of town fans on previous trips
MK Dons - Pub? on 15:16 - Feb 10 with 1794 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

The lad has booked us into a Turkish restaurant right next to the stadium. Efes beers and a mighty kebab.
Might be a bit gassy in block 26 come kick off.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

MK Dons - Pub? on 19:38 - Feb 10 with 1556 viewsmkbobby

MK Dons - Pub? on 15:16 - Feb 10 by StochesStotasBlewe

The lad has booked us into a Turkish restaurant right next to the stadium. Efes beers and a mighty kebab.
Might be a bit gassy in block 26 come kick off.

Good choice the enfes is really good , me and the missus have been a couple of times
MK Dons - Pub? on 19:40 - Feb 10 with 1544 viewsmkbobby

MK Dons - Pub? on 14:56 - Feb 10 by LeistonBlue

We’re heading to The Eight Belles, right by Bletchley station - been full of town fans on previous trips

Yeah eight belles is good , me and the family watched all the England games at the euros & World Cup in there
MK Dons - Pub? on 20:39 - Feb 10 with 1457 viewsjontysnut

If anyone's driving then Stoke Breune is a nice spot for a bite to eat. Couple of pubs on the canal and a shortish drive in. And a canal museum!
MK Dons - Pub? on 21:13 - Feb 10 with 1397 viewsSwansea_Blue

There was an excellent description of the area around the ground posted up earlier this week by an MK friend of one of our posters. In short, you might get a coffee in the IKEA cafe.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024