Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... 10:29 - Mar 25 with 933 viewshoppy

ahead of non-league day tomorrow - should be a decent one!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 10:31 - Mar 25 with 916 viewsKeno

I would do, but dont they have some really iffy sponsorship deal?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 10:35 - Mar 25 with 898 viewshoppy

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 10:31 - Mar 25 by Keno

I would do, but dont they have some really iffy sponsorship deal?

Not as far as I know. Hadleigh Tyre Group are a decent company I think.

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 10:36 - Mar 25 with 892 viewsclive_baker

Why are they playing against an accountancy firm?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 10:38 - Mar 25 with 897 viewshoppy

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 10:36 - Mar 25 by clive_baker

Why are they playing against an accountancy firm?

If you really want to know...

May & Baker was a British chemical company founded by John May and William Gerrard Baker. They operated in Dagenham for more than three quarters of a century, employing local people. The company produced compounds for medicine.
The sulphonamide M&B693 was developed by May & Baker and first prescribed in 1938 to treat pneumonia. The most famous patient saved by the drug was British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, who contracted pneumonia at the start of the Second World War. The drug most likely saved his life. The M&B693 logo is included in the club badge.
The football club became members of the Essex Business Houses League and went on to win the League Cup in 2005—06. The club subsequently joined Division Three of the Essex Olympian League the following season. In 2008, with Ray Wright in charge, the club were renamed May and Baker Eastbrook Community FC, reflecting the area of Dagenham in which the club is based. Despite finishing fifth in the Premier Division in 2008/09, they were demoted to Division One. However, the club went on to win the Division One title in 2009—10 and were promoted back to the Premier Division. They won the Denny King Memorial Cup in 2011—12.
At the start of season 2013/14, Andy Everett was brought in and consolidated the club with a view to creating a plan to move into Senior Football. Andy & Ray wanted to build a strong club in the community and it was decided that Andy would step up to the Chairman role of the adult section and Ray would become Chairman of a newly formed Youth set up. It was decided at the start of the season to bring in Micky Wetherall to take charge of the first team to build a team capable of competing in a higher league. This was achieved in 2018 when May & Baker EC FC were accepted into the newly created Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Division 1 South as part of the National League System. However, Micky decided to leave the club halfway through that season and so Andy Everett stepped in with former West Ham Utd player Alan Dickens, to see out the second half finishing in a creditable 8th position.
During the time Micky Wetherall was managing the first team, our now incumbent joint managers, Alec Simm and Jordan Harris were starting out on their managerial careers. With the help of coach Neil Reeve they achieved immediate success, winning both the EOFL Third Division and Second Division titles in 2016/17 and 2017/18 respectively. They also won the Essex Junior Cup in 2016—17. However, after the EOFL made some unusual decisions regarding the make-up of their leagues, Alec and Jordan decided that they would leave and took up a position with Barkingside Reserves in the ESL Reserve Division. However, with the first team vacancy being open for season 2019/20, Alec, Jordan and Neil returned to the club. This year also brought about a new home for the first team as we agreed a ground share arrangement with Aveley FC. After an indifferent start to the campaign, the team went on a 14 game unbeaten spell which left them in fourth place before the decision was taken to null and void the season. Last season saw us only play 5 league games due to a Covid outbreak at the start of the season and our run in the FA Vase which saw us make the 2nd Qualifying Round for the second time in three years. The promotion places were then decided on a points per game over both seasons and we narrowly missed out finishing fourth.
The football club has gone from strength to strength over the last 5 years and now has 6 Adult Teams and 11 Youth teams competing at all levels of grass roots football.

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 10:41 - Mar 25 with 877 viewsclive_baker

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 10:38 - Mar 25 by hoppy

If you really want to know...

May & Baker was a British chemical company founded by John May and William Gerrard Baker. They operated in Dagenham for more than three quarters of a century, employing local people. The company produced compounds for medicine.
The sulphonamide M&B693 was developed by May & Baker and first prescribed in 1938 to treat pneumonia. The most famous patient saved by the drug was British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, who contracted pneumonia at the start of the Second World War. The drug most likely saved his life. The M&B693 logo is included in the club badge.
The football club became members of the Essex Business Houses League and went on to win the League Cup in 2005—06. The club subsequently joined Division Three of the Essex Olympian League the following season. In 2008, with Ray Wright in charge, the club were renamed May and Baker Eastbrook Community FC, reflecting the area of Dagenham in which the club is based. Despite finishing fifth in the Premier Division in 2008/09, they were demoted to Division One. However, the club went on to win the Division One title in 2009—10 and were promoted back to the Premier Division. They won the Denny King Memorial Cup in 2011—12.
At the start of season 2013/14, Andy Everett was brought in and consolidated the club with a view to creating a plan to move into Senior Football. Andy & Ray wanted to build a strong club in the community and it was decided that Andy would step up to the Chairman role of the adult section and Ray would become Chairman of a newly formed Youth set up. It was decided at the start of the season to bring in Micky Wetherall to take charge of the first team to build a team capable of competing in a higher league. This was achieved in 2018 when May & Baker EC FC were accepted into the newly created Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties Division 1 South as part of the National League System. However, Micky decided to leave the club halfway through that season and so Andy Everett stepped in with former West Ham Utd player Alan Dickens, to see out the second half finishing in a creditable 8th position.
During the time Micky Wetherall was managing the first team, our now incumbent joint managers, Alec Simm and Jordan Harris were starting out on their managerial careers. With the help of coach Neil Reeve they achieved immediate success, winning both the EOFL Third Division and Second Division titles in 2016/17 and 2017/18 respectively. They also won the Essex Junior Cup in 2016—17. However, after the EOFL made some unusual decisions regarding the make-up of their leagues, Alec and Jordan decided that they would leave and took up a position with Barkingside Reserves in the ESL Reserve Division. However, with the first team vacancy being open for season 2019/20, Alec, Jordan and Neil returned to the club. This year also brought about a new home for the first team as we agreed a ground share arrangement with Aveley FC. After an indifferent start to the campaign, the team went on a 14 game unbeaten spell which left them in fourth place before the decision was taken to null and void the season. Last season saw us only play 5 league games due to a Covid outbreak at the start of the season and our run in the FA Vase which saw us make the 2nd Qualifying Round for the second time in three years. The promotion places were then decided on a points per game over both seasons and we narrowly missed out finishing fourth.
The football club has gone from strength to strength over the last 5 years and now has 6 Adult Teams and 11 Youth teams competing at all levels of grass roots football.

May & Clive_Baker

That's a recurring dream of mine, at the Tory party conference FYI.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 10:44 - Mar 25 with 860 viewshoppy

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 10:41 - Mar 25 by clive_baker

May & Clive_Baker

That's a recurring dream of mine, at the Tory party conference FYI.

You often dream of Theresa?

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 11:26 - Mar 25 with 826 viewsusm

May & Baker FC are a good set up. Ive been involved in games against them, over the years, mostly Essex Olympian games. Theyre always competitive and are always looking ahead. Good luck to them.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 11:49 - Mar 25 with 791 viewsKeno

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 10:35 - Mar 25 by hoppy

Not as far as I know. Hadleigh Tyre Group are a decent company I think.

I guess I should tread carefully

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 11:57 - Mar 25 with 781 viewshoppy

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 11:49 - Mar 25 by Keno

I guess I should tread carefully

Yes, I think you should be wheel careful.

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:01 - Mar 25 with 774 viewsKeno

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 11:57 - Mar 25 by hoppy

Yes, I think you should be wheel careful.

thats left me a little deflated

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:34 - Mar 25 with 738 viewsFixed_It

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:01 - Mar 25 by Keno

thats left me a little deflated

Get a grip!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:36 - Mar 25 with 731 viewshype313

Where's the best place to park?

Do they offer a Cheeseboard?

Can I purchase a Morrisey T -Shirt?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:43 - Mar 25 with 712 viewshoppy

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:36 - Mar 25 by hype313

Where's the best place to park?

Do they offer a Cheeseboard?

Can I purchase a Morrisey T -Shirt?

Parking onsite

Do Mini Cheddars count?

If you bring a plain tshirt with you, I can take a sharpie and scrawl 'Morrissey' on it for you for free!

Happy to help.

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:43 - Mar 25 with 708 viewshoppy

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:34 - Mar 25 by Fixed_It

Get a grip!

I'm pumped for this one tonight.

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:44 - Mar 25 with 706 viewshype313

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:43 - Mar 25 by hoppy

Parking onsite

Do Mini Cheddars count?

If you bring a plain tshirt with you, I can take a sharpie and scrawl 'Morrissey' on it for you for free!

Happy to help.

All sounds great, as long as the Mini Cheddars are the Red Leicester variety.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:45 - Mar 25 with 702 viewshoppy

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:44 - Mar 25 by hype313

All sounds great, as long as the Mini Cheddars are the Red Leicester variety.

I think they might be. Although I can't give an absolute guarantee on that.

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:47 - Mar 25 with 689 viewsFixed_It

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:43 - Mar 25 by hoppy

I assume it is a high pressure game then.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 12:52 - Mar 25 with 674 viewsTractor_Buck

I'm not surprised. They've had a Goodyear so far
Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 14:29 - Mar 25 with 603 viewsIP4_Blue

Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 11:26 - Mar 25 by usm

May & Baker FC are a good set up. Ive been involved in games against them, over the years, mostly Essex Olympian games. Theyre always competitive and are always looking ahead. Good luck to them.

I know May & Baker, couple of mates played for County Park
Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 14:33 - Mar 25 with 585 viewsIP4_Blue

If I wasn't going Town game tomorrow I would gave gone tonight, only down the road from me! Good cause
Anyone interested in a local Friday night non-league game... on 15:00 - Mar 25 with 549 viewsjontysnut

Limited appeal I know but my local club Farsley Celtic (West Leeds) in National League North are letting in league club season ticket holders for a fiver. Massive relegation 6 pointer v Telford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024