Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra back at Ipswich? 12:25 - Apr 5 with 2771 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just been named in the U23 team.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 16:15 - Apr 5 with 457 viewstractorboy1978

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 15:59 - Apr 5 by Mullet

He also had Covid like Harper did he not? Both have not benefited from manger change and circumstance changes coinciding with being unavailable.

Think we are going to see some casualties like we did with Hurst and players like Nydam or Woolfenden and Cook. That's the nature of where we are, and how disappointing not going up will be in terms of shaping the next few months and beyond.

Would love to think that Dobra can do it here, but how does he get past Aluko and probably Celina as well as Chaplin? If McKenna doesn't see Edwards as a LWB option then we really do have traffic for him to get past after a difficult year.

It's not always a black mark against player/manager when players don't fit any more so next season will be really crucial.

Struggling for games at Colchester is not a good look. I really expected him to go down there and look a cut above but for whatever reason he hasn't at all. It's been a disaster really.

Unfortunately for him, Chirewa and Humphreys have kicked on this season and will have put themselves closer to first team contention too.

Pre season is going to be crucial for him and El Mizouni too I would think. It's probably do or die for their ITFC careers. At 21 there's not a lot of value in them being around here and not getting many minutes.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 16:16]
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 16:28 - Apr 5 with 423 viewsjayessess

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 16:15 - Apr 5 by tractorboy1978

Struggling for games at Colchester is not a good look. I really expected him to go down there and look a cut above but for whatever reason he hasn't at all. It's been a disaster really.

Unfortunately for him, Chirewa and Humphreys have kicked on this season and will have put themselves closer to first team contention too.

Pre season is going to be crucial for him and El Mizouni too I would think. It's probably do or die for their ITFC careers. At 21 there's not a lot of value in them being around here and not getting many minutes.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 16:16]

Not sure it's "do or die" for El Mizouni? He's pushed himself up the pecking order this season and is viewed as a decent squad player.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 16:30 - Apr 5 with 420 viewsRadlett_blue

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 14:37 - Apr 5 by LankHenners

Fair enough, just seen he played in the Suffolk Premier Cup game vs Stowmarket a few weeks back and got sent off in the last minute for getting involved in a brawl.

Dobra's clearly still a hot-head, which isn't good as he will then get provoked at pro level.
He'll be 21 soon & has 1 year left on his Town contract, plus a 1 year option. As he's struggled to get into a poor Colchester side, it's hard to see him featuring much next season at Town so another loan probably beckons. A pity, because I thought he showed real potential early on.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 16:45 - Apr 5 with 397 viewstractorboy1978

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 16:28 - Apr 5 by jayessess

Not sure it's "do or die" for El Mizouni? He's pushed himself up the pecking order this season and is viewed as a decent squad player.

He's only appeared in 4 league games though. If he's really going to progress next season and get opportunities, I am not sure we would be seeing Bakinson sign (which I think he will). From bits I've heard, Humphreys is going to very much be in the mix next season too. And then you've got Harper.

I like El Mizouni but if I'm honest, unless he smashes pre season (hopefully he does), I see it more likely him being on loan somewhere than here.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 16:48]
Dobra back at Ipswich? on 16:50 - Apr 5 with 389 viewsjayessess

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 16:45 - Apr 5 by tractorboy1978

He's only appeared in 4 league games though. If he's really going to progress next season and get opportunities, I am not sure we would be seeing Bakinson sign (which I think he will). From bits I've heard, Humphreys is going to very much be in the mix next season too. And then you've got Harper.

I like El Mizouni but if I'm honest, unless he smashes pre season (hopefully he does), I see it more likely him being on loan somewhere than here.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 16:48]

I guess the issue with El Mizouni is that he's good enough to be a squad player, but isn't going to significantly develop his game as 4th choice outside of a massive injury crisis. So the judgement call is whether long term he's better off being sent somewhere to start 30+ games and see if there's another level in there.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Dobra back at Ipswich? on 19:35 - Apr 5 with 324 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Isn't it odd that the U23s are on really good form and then Simpson, El Mizouni and Humphreys all play and they lose?!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024