Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... 14:08 - Apr 23 with 1230 viewsITFCBlues

Today's game, nothing riding on it, not one youngster starting...

Surely this is a perfect game to start 1 or 2?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:13 - Apr 23 with 1137 viewsFrimleyBlue

Would you not want our manager using every game to confirm how he feels about current first team team players and who of them can be a part of next season.

The youngsters are here anyway. That's for another time.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 14:18]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:20 - Apr 23 with 1086 viewsGuthrum

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:13 - Apr 23 by FrimleyBlue

Would you not want our manager using every game to confirm how he feels about current first team team players and who of them can be a part of next season.

Plus there are several youngsters on the bench, who may get time later in the game.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:22 - Apr 23 with 1064 viewsGarv

If they were good enough already they probably would be.

Not overly keen on playing youngsters for the sake of it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:23 - Apr 23 with 1044 viewsITFCBlues

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:13 - Apr 23 by FrimleyBlue

You'd kind of hope after 4 or 5 months he'd know about his players now though wouldn't you?

Maybe one of these youngsters could step up and play a part next season? How would he know, he's not seen them play a first team game?

If you're a youngster, why would you want to sign a long term contract here knowing opportunities will be limited.

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:28 - Apr 23 with 976 viewsFrimleyBlue

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:23 - Apr 23 by ITFCBlues

You'd kind of hope after 4 or 5 months he'd know about his players now though wouldn't you?

Maybe one of these youngsters could step up and play a part next season? How would he know, he's not seen them play a first team game?

If you're a youngster, why would you want to sign a long term contract here knowing opportunities will be limited.

Yes and no. You're always learning. For all we know he may set them up differently today.

In regards to the youngsters. Having seem brief highlights of them both they appear incredibly lightweight I'm not surprised they're on bench to start with under KM.

Waka waka eh eh

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:30 - Apr 23 with 962 viewslazyblue

After what Dyer said people seem to believe that all this youngsters should be playing , I want this club to have a winning mentality and if that means they have to wait and others come in then that’s fine with me.
For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:31 - Apr 23 with 950 viewsBobsthename

To be honest if mckenna doesn’t know about this current team today by now he’ll never know i agree with the OP could of given a couple of youngsters a start.
For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:32 - Apr 23 with 944 viewswrightsrightglove

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:23 - Apr 23 by ITFCBlues

That could be said of any youngster of any club couldn’t it? You’ve got to earn the right to play and prove that you can be better than the first team players, firstly on the training pitch, then from the bench, then when you get to start. KM isn’t someone who’s ignoring the youth games or not looking at these lads in training, he’s also not someone who’s just going to chuck them in for the sake of it, they’ll have to earn the right to play by going toe to toe with the first team lads. Having them on the bench to be around the first team and maybe grab the opportunity to stake a claim from the bench seems completely reasonable to me, particularly given their ages.
Login to get fewer ads

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:35 - Apr 23 with 906 viewsITFCBlues

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:28 - Apr 23 by FrimleyBlue

Yes and no. You're always learning. For all we know he may set them up differently today.

In regards to the youngsters. Having seem brief highlights of them both they appear incredibly lightweight I'm not surprised they're on bench to start with under KM.

What about Baggott?

Humphreys looked pretty decent earlier in the season in the cup game...

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:36 - Apr 23 with 898 viewsjeera

You don't think he might want to see how the game pans out a bit first to see who could slot in here and there and alongside whom etc?

He will also be looking to see how KVY gets on and whether he buckles or is capable of the whole match.

He may want a last look at one or two others if he's in two minds about letting them go.

There's some big decisions ahead.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:37 - Apr 23 with 884 viewstextbackup

PAAAAATHHHHHWAAAAAAYYYYYY

SHOW ME THE PATHWAY

baggott vs rotherham doesn’t count or something

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:38 - Apr 23 with 855 viewsFrimleyBlue

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:35 - Apr 23 by ITFCBlues

What about Baggott?

Humphreys looked pretty decent earlier in the season in the cup game...

What about him? He had a good debut. He will now go on loan next season to get a full season in league 2.

I think one thing you can trust KM with is his knowledge of when and how to develop youngsters.

Waka waka eh eh

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:41 - Apr 23 with 825 viewsNthsuffolkblue

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:20 - Apr 23 by Guthrum

Plus there are several youngsters on the bench, who may get time later in the game.

Anything happens to Walton then Hayes plays up to 90 minutes. He was given a warm up before the Wigan match to be a part of the squad too.

The anti-youngster narrative needs more evidence than it currently has for me. Maybe Simpson would have already had some substitute time and be starting today had he signed the contract on offer. Who knows all the detail?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:42 - Apr 23 with 818 viewsITFCBlues

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:38 - Apr 23 by FrimleyBlue

What about him? He had a good debut. He will now go on loan next season to get a full season in league 2.

I think one thing you can trust KM with is his knowledge of when and how to develop youngsters.

My initial point stands, if you're a youngster, why on earth would you want to sign any long term deal here with no clear pathway to the first team...

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:44 - Apr 23 with 797 viewstextbackup

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:42 - Apr 23 by ITFCBlues

My initial point stands, if you're a youngster, why on earth would you want to sign any long term deal here with no clear pathway to the first team...

He’s said it…. PATHWAY!!!!!!!!!!

A word I’ve seen 726385936 times on here and Twitter since Dyers interview, and maybe 2 times on here and Twitter prior to that.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:48 - Apr 23 with 770 viewsBlueNomad

This is where Simpson, by his actions, misses out.
For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:52 - Apr 23 with 733 viewsBlueNomad

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:42 - Apr 23 by ITFCBlues

Kids still sign for Man City, Chelsea etc. What is their pathway?
For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:55 - Apr 23 with 715 viewsTonytown

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:44 - Apr 23 by textbackup

A word I’ve seen 726385936 times on here and Twitter since Dyers interview, and maybe 2 times on here and Twitter prior to that.

I think Simpson may have had a start today if he hadn’t made the choice that he’s made.

We take up the option in him and only sell him if the money is right.
[Redacted] on 14:58 - Apr 23 with 685 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 15:00 - Apr 23 with 673 viewsjeera

For anyone wondering why Simpson would want to leave... on 14:44 - Apr 23 by textbackup

I'm going to start deliberately referring to all pathways as pavements and walkways from now on.

I want no part of that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024