Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... 10:20 - May 13 with 4212 viewsKieran_Knows

.. as I know he was well liked at the club (albeit poor management), but he doesn't help himself at times, does he?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 13:40 - May 13 with 713 viewsibbleobble

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 11:00 - May 13 by abracaDOBRA_

Nah, the journalist did nothing wrong.

From what I’ve read those questions aren’t very insightful and have just been replayed over and over again. The one about whether the players are buying into it is such a loaded question I can understand the frustration. That being said, Cook’s got to ingratiate himself to someone because If he’s losing it with the fans, potentially players and now media, the end is nigh.
Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 13:49 - May 13 with 697 viewsSTYG

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 13:40 - May 13 by ibbleobble

From what I’ve read those questions aren’t very insightful and have just been replayed over and over again. The one about whether the players are buying into it is such a loaded question I can understand the frustration. That being said, Cook’s got to ingratiate himself to someone because If he’s losing it with the fans, potentially players and now media, the end is nigh.

Regardless of the journalists, who will range from types that don't want to say anything negative, to ones desperate to push you for you to lose it for a few hundred clicks, Cook is a football manager paid a huge amount of money to be professional.

The bare minimum here, no matter how derogatory or repetitive the questions get is to remain professional and not act in such a manner. By all means raise issues afterwards off camera or even refuse to speak to them again. But on camera just smile, give an appropriate answer and remain in control.
Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 14:08 - May 13 with 663 viewsSTYG

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 10:35 - May 13 by Seablu

It’s like listening to two people talking at the same time.
Odd that he has more voices than formations.

'He has more voices than formations' is possible my TWTD quote of the year.
Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 14:23 - May 13 with 638 viewsPhilTWTD

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 12:53 - May 13 by Garv

That tells me you're more level headed than this chap. Antagonistic is a good way to describe him in that clip, if he'd wanted to get more out of Cook he could have easily moved on. He's not the most articulate in the way he deflects but he gave him plenty of chances.

He's been similar in pressers with us and you can get him back on an equilibrium and then have another go later.
Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 14:35 - May 13 with 609 viewsPhilTWTD

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 13:18 - May 13 by clive_baker

Must've been an element of that. Bet the journo had a massive boner at the prospect of sticking that on twitter and, as you say, getting far more engagement than the standard 'Woking will be a tough test' tripe.

Think with PC, he's wary about what he might say when he gets questioned about his squad. He obviously said things about the squad here he regretted. He evidently had little regard for most of them but hadn't planned to say so in pressers and only did so in the heat of the moment.
Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 14:38 - May 13 with 592 viewshype313

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 14:35 - May 13 by PhilTWTD

Think with PC, he's wary about what he might say when he gets questioned about his squad. He obviously said things about the squad here he regretted. He evidently had little regard for most of them but hadn't planned to say so in pressers and only did so in the heat of the moment.

He's a man who wears his heart on his sleeve, and as fans you can only view that in a positive light, the trouble is you can be too honest and it comes back to bite you in the proverbial.

Thought it was a strange move by him to go there in the first instance, his stock was still quite high and to just drop down there, regardless of his history with them, seemed a bit knee jerk.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 15:10 - May 13 with 546 viewsHipsterectomy

I assume he’ll be leaving at the end of the season. They didn’t announce a contract length except it being “long term”. If they fail to make the play offs or lose in them I’d imagine he’ll leave. He doesn’t seem to be enjoying it and for him saying he’d fallen in love with football again when he went there, the fans have turned on him pretty quickly (and he’s a club legend there).

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 15:32 - May 13 with 524 viewsPhilTWTD

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 14:38 - May 13 by hype313

He's a man who wears his heart on his sleeve, and as fans you can only view that in a positive light, the trouble is you can be too honest and it comes back to bite you in the proverbial.

Thought it was a strange move by him to go there in the first instance, his stock was still quite high and to just drop down there, regardless of his history with them, seemed a bit knee jerk.

Honestly think he was just bored and wanted to get back into football as soon as he could. He didn't do much else as far as I can gather, other than go to the pub after a day's work. To talk about football
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 15:35 - May 13 with 524 viewsrgp1

I'm sure he is a decent chap. Unfortunately when it went south in the first few weeks at PR he opened fire with a loaded weapon. From what I cam see he's done the same at Chesterfield. Therefore he can't really complain when the hack fires back.
Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 15:40 - May 13 with 514 viewsBLUEBEAT

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 10:35 - May 13 by Seablu

It’s like listening to two people talking at the same time.
Odd that he has more voices than formations.

“More voices than formations”

Poll: W or W

Paul Cook ... I don't like to talk bad of him... on 15:58 - May 13 with 479 viewsmarchy

To be fair he's got every right to expect only sweetness and light from the press hasn't he? "So Paul, when you arrived it looked like your season would have been well and truly over by now and you'd be preparing for League life, but it must be great to be potentially keeping the fans engaged by giving them another three games to watch?"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024