Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better Call Saul 21:01 - May 24 with 1172 viewsGlasgowBlue

No spoilers but what a mid season ending. Can’t wait for the second half in July.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Better Call Saul on 21:36 - May 24 with 1127 viewsRomeo4

It was brilliant telly. Shame we have to wait for the next instalment.
Better Call Saul on 22:36 - May 24 with 1078 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Is it better than breaking bad? I tried with it but just didn't think it warranted the hype

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Better Call Saul on 22:40 - May 24 with 1072 viewsDinDjarin

Better Call Saul on 22:36 - May 24 by BlueandTruesince82

Is it better than breaking bad? I tried with it but just didn't think it warranted the hype

I rate it better than breaking bad which seems impossible as BB was that good.
Better Call Saul on 00:55 - May 25 with 1001 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I started it. Got about 3 episodes in and just didn't continue. Then came back to it a year later, started again and binged 2 or 3 episodes at a time 3 or 4 times in a week, and it just grew and grew.

I don't want to say which is better, as I just see them as parts of the same story.

Kim is way better than Skylar, though. So much more rounded and a protagonist in her own right. The one big weakness that could be levelled at Breaking Bad is that female characters are usually subsidiary and reactive to male characters rather than driving the plot themselves.

Kim is an equal to Jimmy/Saul, and Better Call Saul is all the better for that.
Better Call Saul on 06:14 - May 25 with 951 viewsguenchev

Love this show, plus Breaking Bad and El Camino. Looking forward to the last 6 episodes, but at the same time I am sad that this will be the end of it. Have been to Albuquerque, NM before I started watching the show. Thinking of going again in the future just to check out show related places etc. For some reason love the NM, Arizona, and California deserts.
Better Call Saul on 07:00 - May 25 with 918 viewsWarkystache

Better Call Saul on 00:55 - May 25 by ArnoldMoorhen

I started it. Got about 3 episodes in and just didn't continue. Then came back to it a year later, started again and binged 2 or 3 episodes at a time 3 or 4 times in a week, and it just grew and grew.

I don't want to say which is better, as I just see them as parts of the same story.

Kim is way better than Skylar, though. So much more rounded and a protagonist in her own right. The one big weakness that could be levelled at Breaking Bad is that female characters are usually subsidiary and reactive to male characters rather than driving the plot themselves.

Kim is an equal to Jimmy/Saul, and Better Call Saul is all the better for that.

BCS is the prequel you want to see to BB - it charts the activities of Fring, the complicity of Mike Ehrmentraut and the downfall of the Salamanca family. Lalo Salamanca, as evidenced last night, is one of BB/BCS greatest villains. Even more ruthless than Hector and Tuco but less crazy than Tuco.

The biggest mystery is Kim Wexler. Does she die? Does she escape via the vacuum cleaner man to a new identity? Jimmy is inextricably becoming the soulless, money-chasing Goodman with each step. Surely someone as hard-wired to the cartel as he is can't take baggage with him?

Last night's episode made me wince but what an ending. Shame it's 2 months until we find out what's next. This was the BCS equivalent of the BB episode Ozymandias. I think the end will be better than BCS, which it needs to be. I was disappointed with how Ozark ended. I hope this isn't the same anti-climax.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Better Call Saul on 16:08 - May 25 with 759 viewsRomeo4

Better Call Saul on 07:00 - May 25 by Warkystache

BCS is the prequel you want to see to BB - it charts the activities of Fring, the complicity of Mike Ehrmentraut and the downfall of the Salamanca family. Lalo Salamanca, as evidenced last night, is one of BB/BCS greatest villains. Even more ruthless than Hector and Tuco but less crazy than Tuco.

The biggest mystery is Kim Wexler. Does she die? Does she escape via the vacuum cleaner man to a new identity? Jimmy is inextricably becoming the soulless, money-chasing Goodman with each step. Surely someone as hard-wired to the cartel as he is can't take baggage with him?

Last night's episode made me wince but what an ending. Shame it's 2 months until we find out what's next. This was the BCS equivalent of the BB episode Ozymandias. I think the end will be better than BCS, which it needs to be. I was disappointed with how Ozark ended. I hope this isn't the same anti-climax.

This episode was definitely BCS’s Ozymandias. Great stuff. I’m re-watching it tonight just to take it all in again.

Really don’t want this season to finish. Just hoping they finish it well and draw it together with BB.

Agree re Ozark. That last episode was clumsy I thought. I found it a disappointing end to a really good programme.

Stranger Things season 4 drops on Friday. That’s next for me.
Better Call Saul on 21:42 - May 25 with 689 viewsRKD

Should've known you'd be a fan, brother. Will make conclusion at the end of S6 but I think I will rate it more highly than Breaking Bad.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

Login to get fewer ads

Better Call Saul on 10:25 - May 26 with 550 viewsunbelievablue

Incredible prestige TV.

RKD and myself and starting a rewatch.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Better Call Saul on 10:29 - May 26 with 547 viewsBiGDonnie

So much better than breaking bad. The way I see it is that they took the best two characters from BB and made a show about them.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Better Call Saul on 10:31 - May 26 with 537 viewsunbelievablue

Better Call Saul on 10:29 - May 26 by BiGDonnie

So much better than breaking bad. The way I see it is that they took the best two characters from BB and made a show about them.

And introduced at least four more characters who are at least as interesting as the main characters in BB.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024