Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some interesting polling here 06:49 - May 28 with 1216 viewsgtsb1966

yes you can't rely on the polls but they can't be all wrong. Ipswich would return to labour. Wakefield is going to be close and will be an indicator next month as to the feeling of the country.
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2022/05/28/yougov-mrp-bori
Some interesting polling here on 07:49 - May 28 with 1108 viewsGlasgowBlue

Some well known names could go.

But we are two years away so who knows?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Some interesting polling here on 12:59 - May 28 with 868 viewsHARRY10

People don't give their real answer, so we are told. As it the pollster simply stops someone in the street and asks "who are you going to vote for", and nothing more.

The problem is for the Tories is finding someone who is willing to step up, and try and sort out the mess Johnson has caused and is still causing.

Clueless cretins like Dorries, Rabb, Truss and the stick insect would immediately have their hand up, but given as how they were made ministers on the basis they were more incompetent than the bloater it does not suggest a winning idea.

The thought is at the Devon by election the Tory candidate will be kept hidden (fridge), and the hope is it will all be forgotten by then. Which does rather overlook the bloaters unerring ability to fck up something else coupled with the regular out of touch comment by some bigot.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tiverton-honiton-byelection-ben-

The danger is it could become another Major in 1997, where the narrative was one of wanting to rid the country of the Tories, which overrode the various differences within the progressive parties.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/tiverton-honiton-by-election-con

What is now seen is we have a government with no idea where it is going or what to do, other than constant u turn due to public pressure - school exams, closing down, Christmas on/off, free school meals, increasing NI, triple lock pensions, ex MP Paterson and at least a couple of dozen others, with only any number of idiot slogans that are supposed to encourage voters, put up as some kind of plan
Some interesting polling here on 16:57 - May 28 with 767 viewsKropotkin123

Some interesting polling here on 07:49 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

I know you no longer support the Conservatives. But I was wondering the other day: How do the One-Nation Conservatives take back control of the Conservative party?

They founded their caucus in 2019, and I believe their declaration has more in common with the Lib Dems than the current leadership's values. But I don't see any signs or change or challenges.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Some interesting polling here on 17:15 - May 28 with 742 viewsmylittletown

Some interesting polling here on 16:57 - May 28 by Kropotkin123

I know you no longer support the Conservatives. But I was wondering the other day: How do the One-Nation Conservatives take back control of the Conservative party?

They founded their caucus in 2019, and I believe their declaration has more in common with the Lib Dems than the current leadership's values. But I don't see any signs or change or challenges.

They could recruit people like me into the Conservative party.
I am not a natural Tory voter, but this country needs a sane Tory party. I had no real problem with Heseltine, Clark, Major etc, and at least they weren't completely dishonest, crooked or stupid like vast majority of current Tory MPs.
I believe that there are only about 200k Tory party members, so it shouldn't be that hard to recruit enough to get control and oust the swivel eyed loonies.
Then we could all leave the Tories, if we wanted to, with a good job done.
Some interesting polling here on 17:27 - May 28 with 725 viewstractordownsouth

Some interesting polling here on 07:49 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

Demographic shifts will do for Baker and IDS regardless of whether or not the Tories recover. The latter will retire to the lords i’m sure.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 17:27]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Some interesting polling here on 17:59 - May 28 with 689 viewsGlasgowBlue

Some interesting polling here on 16:57 - May 28 by Kropotkin123

I'm not sure the Conservative party can be repaired.

Starmer managed to turn things around pretty quickly because the previous leader wasn't representative of the PLP. The Parliamentary Tory party is built in Johnson's image.

I'd rather see a new right of centre party emerge.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Some interesting polling here on 18:02 - May 28 with 680 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Some interesting polling here on 17:59 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not sure the Conservative party can be repaired.

Starmer managed to turn things around pretty quickly because the previous leader wasn't representative of the PLP. The Parliamentary Tory party is built in Johnson's image.

I'd rather see a new right of centre party emerge.

Surely the ultimate irony of Cameron holding a Brexit referendum as a means of protecting the Tory party from losing members/votes to UKIP is that the current Parliamentary Tory Party is just UKIP by another name.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Some interesting polling here on 18:43 - May 28 with 634 viewsHARRY10

Some interesting polling here on 17:15 - May 28 by mylittletown

They could recruit people like me into the Conservative party.
I am not a natural Tory voter, but this country needs a sane Tory party. I had no real problem with Heseltine, Clark, Major etc, and at least they weren't completely dishonest, crooked or stupid like vast majority of current Tory MPs.
I believe that there are only about 200k Tory party members, so it shouldn't be that hard to recruit enough to get control and oust the swivel eyed loonies.
Then we could all leave the Tories, if we wanted to, with a good job done.

Most recent figures -

"At the 2018 Conservative Spring Forum, Party chairman Brandon Lewis announced that the party's membership stood at 124,000"

Any wonder they are so dependent on Russian money, though it is purely coincidence that the two other known recipients of money from Putin (Farage and Le Pen push the same anti EU line as the bloater

Unfortunately the Tory party has over the past few years suffered a concerted effort of 'entryism' (more associated with Trots into the Labour Party, and so has become beholden to them, the swivel eyed loons. A loss of these swivel eyed loons would cleanse the party, but probably lose them the next election

However, it is likely they will lose anyway, so pandering to them is of far more damage to them in the long run - though would most likely drag quite a few back out of the Libdems. -Tactically that would make sense because even with an overall loss, it would remove the threat of the Libdems in the south.

Whereas in the same year Labour had around 418,000 - with the Tories have a disproportionate number who are over 65. The Libdems amounting to 115,000.

However, both these latter two can field any number of younger members when it comes to canvassing, the Tories are consistently outnumbered. Though like crowd size at a football match there is no direct correlation between canvassers and results.

It will be interesting to see how much this plays out in the two upcoming by elections One in each of the parties favoured areas. Or whether voters have already determined to punish the Tories for endless failings under the bloaters incompetence.

Labour with a comfortable lead for the past 6 months is not helpful, nor is the fact that for the past 3 months those polls have consistently shown a Tory loss of 100 seats. And that is without any tactical voting.

It was tactical voting that turned a Labour victory in 1997 into a landslide (418 seats). Labour will not achieve anything like that currently, if only that the anti Tory vote in Scotland is now with the SNP. But there is good reason for serious questions (if not panic at this stage) being raised with Tory ranks. As no only has the bloater took a wrecking ball to their party but the country as a whole as well, but there is every certainty that he will continue down this destructive path.

And who knows what 'secrets' are yet to be revealed. It might suit the Tories to have him removed by a yet worse revelation, but it will certainly seal their fate come 2024.

Not so much (any more) a fight to win, but a firefight to limit the damage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024