Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? 18:40 - Jun 23 with 1103 viewsLord_Lucan

What we've got here is a failure to communicate!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 19:11 - Jun 23 with 1057 viewsgtsb1966

The last time I saw AC/DC Rose was standing in for Brian Johnson. He was superb.
Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 19:15 - Jun 23 with 1048 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 19:11 - Jun 23 by gtsb1966

The last time I saw AC/DC Rose was standing in for Brian Johnson. He was superb.

Yeah, I was there too (probably). Stratford, can't remember the year.

Double bonus for me as I always had an irrational dislike of Brian Johnson

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 19:19 - Jun 23 with 1042 viewsTrequartista

The weird thing I find with Guns N Roses is that they got in a much more proficient drummer for the Use Your Illusion albums, yet all the songs sound all plodding and inferior to Appetite for Destruction.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 19:19]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 19:24 - Jun 23 with 1022 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 19:19 - Jun 23 by Trequartista

The weird thing I find with Guns N Roses is that they got in a much more proficient drummer for the Use Your Illusion albums, yet all the songs sound all plodding and inferior to Appetite for Destruction.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 19:19]

Ah, well here you've got me because I am not a devotee - I am merely an occasional listener when they come on the Juke Box.

I will probably not know half the songs I hear on Friday.

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 19:25 - Jun 23 with 1022 viewsgtsb1966

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 19:15 - Jun 23 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah, I was there too (probably). Stratford, can't remember the year.

Double bonus for me as I always had an irrational dislike of Brian Johnson

Yes it was Stratford and Rose had a boot on as he'd broken his ankle. His version of High Voltage was superb.
Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 19:29 - Jun 23 with 1010 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 19:25 - Jun 23 by gtsb1966

Yes it was Stratford and Rose had a boot on as he'd broken his ankle. His version of High Voltage was superb.

It was a great night.

I love a bit of AC/DC - Riff Raff is my go to tune out of everything.

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 20:16 - Jun 23 with 964 viewsFtnfwest

Nope, saw them back in the day at Wembley tho
Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 20:40 - Jun 23 with 916 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 19:11 - Jun 23 by gtsb1966

Was he? I’ve only seen videos and he sounded crap, but it’s not the same as being live obviously. The latter day GnR stuff is painful too (and I loved them in the late 80s / early 90s).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 20:40 - Jun 23 with 915 viewsFoD_Blue

Last time I saw G 'n' R Axl Rose was being Axl Rose (Download Festival 2018). He sounded terrible and could hardly hold a note. Hopefully that was just a bad day at the office, because other times I have seen them he has been great.

Great live band on their day.
Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 20:43 - Jun 23 with 897 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 20:16 - Jun 23 by Ftnfwest

I saw them in 92 at Gateshead, supported by Soundgarden (excellent) and Faith No More (better than excellent). Probably the best gig I’ve been too. It was chuffin hot too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 20:47 - Jun 23 with 889 viewsBent_double

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 20:16 - Jun 23 by Ftnfwest

Same here - what was that, early 90's?

Got right to the front as well, thought I was going to die at one point, it was mental

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 22:20 - Jun 23 with 821 viewsFtnfwest

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 20:47 - Jun 23 by Bent_double

Same here - what was that, early 90's?

Got right to the front as well, thought I was going to die at one point, it was mental

91 I think, it was a one off concert here as part of a euro tour I think. Was looking down on the masses from the seats tbh! Had been down on the pitch the year before for the stones
Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 22:29 - Jun 23 with 803 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 22:20 - Jun 23 by Ftnfwest

91 I think, it was a one off concert here as part of a euro tour I think. Was looking down on the masses from the seats tbh! Had been down on the pitch the year before for the stones

I think I saw The Stones on that tour - but the original date was cancelled just as we hit London - apparently Keef cut his finger and couldn't play

Yeah right!

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 22:50 - Jun 23 with 778 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone else going to see Guns n Roses next Friday at WHL?? on 22:20 - Jun 23 by Ftnfwest

Oh and by the way

This is a 100% feck off billy big bollox flashy self indulgent thing post that is probably quite sad - but I'm pissed anyway.

This is one of my Amsterdam brothers last week with Keefy. Some of my more party type mates on here will know him.

Point of interest - or possibly not! - Matey in the picture invited me to go on a Stones tour of South America about three years ago but I bottled it because I knew that it would end in divorce

To this day I can't decide if it was the right or wrong decision but being a bit of a sentimental fool I just thought that it would be detrimental to my kids.

[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 0:47]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024