Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Find me an October holiday, you reprobates 13:20 - Jun 23 with 998 viewsZXBlue

Thinking probably greek islands, but open to others in sensible range.

Stuff to do / visit - not just beach. Happy to do a hire car if necessary, but not essential.

Probably self catering, ideally with private small pool etc and walking distance to some half decent watering hole and / or restaurant.

Previously we went to Bahiazul in Fueteventura, which hit all the right notes. Enough rooms for family (not these crazy hotels where your kids sleep on a sofa bed in the same room...), small private pool. 5 minutes form a pizza place / bar, 10 minutes from town in the car.

Ideally something similar in a different lcoation!

https://www.bahiazul.com/en/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwntCVBhDdARIsAMEwACn5HjBZNAzaEGeqscEEn
Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 13:24 - Jun 23 with 963 viewshype313

Bodrum, ticks all boxes, will still be nice and hot and a beautiful town.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 14:13 - Jun 23 with 893 viewsLower_North

Anywhere on the Turkey Med coast. Glorious still in October.
Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 14:25 - Jun 23 with 886 viewsZXBlue

Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 14:13 - Jun 23 by Lower_North

Anywhere on the Turkey Med coast. Glorious still in October.

I am reluctant to go to Turkey tbh. I have serious issues with their government and increasingly restrictive / religous regime.

Importantly, my key concern is the right sort of accomodation / setup though. I guess I am looking for some sort of resort and villas type place. Nice individual accomodation, but perhaps as part of a resort, or at least near to restaurants etc. Most villas are up in hte hills and dont have easy access to the pub or an evening pizza!
Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 14:29 - Jun 23 with 874 viewsitfcjoe

Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 14:25 - Jun 23 by ZXBlue

I am reluctant to go to Turkey tbh. I have serious issues with their government and increasingly restrictive / religous regime.

Importantly, my key concern is the right sort of accomodation / setup though. I guess I am looking for some sort of resort and villas type place. Nice individual accomodation, but perhaps as part of a resort, or at least near to restaurants etc. Most villas are up in hte hills and dont have easy access to the pub or an evening pizza!

I went to Madeira in January and would heartily recommend - lots to do, nice climate, easy to get to, easy to get around.

From my experience some of the accomodation is a bit dated but we were there at a relatively peak time as their Xmas and NY celebrations are huge so may be more available at better times

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 14:32 - Jun 23 with 865 viewsDecageBruce

I went to Danny's Hotel in Alykana, Zanta, last year Mid October.

Rooms are basic but pool, food and two bar areas are really good and cheap. 2 minute walk to main 'strip' with 8-10 restaurants/bars and another 7-10 mins to the beech which has another couple of places to eat/drink.

Trying to get back there myself this year depending on available Beer tokens
Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 14:44 - Jun 23 with 831 viewsZXBlue

Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 14:32 - Jun 23 by DecageBruce

I went to Danny's Hotel in Alykana, Zanta, last year Mid October.

Rooms are basic but pool, food and two bar areas are really good and cheap. 2 minute walk to main 'strip' with 8-10 restaurants/bars and another 7-10 mins to the beech which has another couple of places to eat/drink.

Trying to get back there myself this year depending on available Beer tokens

Definitely not keen on a standard hotel- but thanks. Need room for two teenagers who are not abotu to share with each other, and definitely not with me!
Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 14:53 - Jun 23 with 810 viewsDecageBruce

Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 14:44 - Jun 23 by ZXBlue

Definitely not keen on a standard hotel- but thanks. Need room for two teenagers who are not abotu to share with each other, and definitely not with me!

I get that. Mine are a lot younger than that so it AI for kids and me in the Summer and then quiet place like this for me to kick back, read books etc later in the year and out of school holidays

Good luck hunting
Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 17:24 - Jun 23 with 722 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Not been personally, but a few friends of ours go to Cyprus in October most years and they love the climate and bars/restaurants.
Been to Lanzarote, Zakinthos, Crete and Corfu in early October, weather was still very good and although in Greece things were winding down for winter there was still enough places to eat, drink and be merry.
Off to Madeira for the first time this October after many posters recommended it.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 17:31 - Jun 23 with 706 viewsLord_Lucan

Pattaya

You're welcome.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 17:38 - Jun 23 with 690 viewsZXBlue

Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 17:24 - Jun 23 by StochesStotasBlewe

Not been personally, but a few friends of ours go to Cyprus in October most years and they love the climate and bars/restaurants.
Been to Lanzarote, Zakinthos, Crete and Corfu in early October, weather was still very good and although in Greece things were winding down for winter there was still enough places to eat, drink and be merry.
Off to Madeira for the first time this October after many posters recommended it.

Been looking at madeira. Flgihts a bit of a pain if you are not near london, but its a possible. Spotted a nice villa....
Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 17:46 - Jun 23 with 677 viewsSparky85

Protaras, Cyprus

long time since I have been but should tick all of your boxes
[Post edited 23 Jun 2022 17:49]
Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 23:10 - Jun 23 with 557 viewsZXBlue

Find me an October holiday, you reprobates on 17:24 - Jun 23 by StochesStotasBlewe

Madeira looks a prospect. Some nice villas with pools for reasonable money.

My worry is the flights and the absence of package holiday protection.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024