Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions about away days/tickets 10:40 - Jun 24 with 1578 viewsPaoloMarinero

I live in the South West, so quite pleased about the number of 'local' away games this season, but also aware that the likelihood of general release tickets being sold is low so I have a couple of questions for the forum.

I have a couple of family members that are season ticket holders who never go to away games. Can they priority buy a ticket each for me and my son, or can they only buy tickets registered for them?

Secondly, assuming we had the tickets for two seats in separate areas, do any/all clubs insist on seat allocation, or can you usually just sit/stand wherever you want?

Thanks
Questions about away days/tickets on 10:52 - Jun 24 with 1532 viewsPinewoodblue

You can link applications for away games., but don’t think you can change ticket category. An adult season ticket holder couldn’t purchase a child’s ticket, instead of an Adult one.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Questions about away days/tickets on 11:44 - Jun 24 with 1491 viewsPaoloMarinero

Questions about away days/tickets on 10:52 - Jun 24 by Pinewoodblue

You can link applications for away games., but don’t think you can change ticket category. An adult season ticket holder couldn’t purchase a child’s ticket, instead of an Adult one.

Thanks, so looks like I'd need to get Silver membership and junior blues to get priority for both tickets. Any idea about the seating? I'm assuming you can sit/stand anywhere in away stands (haven't been away for a few years now), but don't want to be in a situation of having to be separated from my son.
Questions about away days/tickets on 12:27 - Jun 24 with 1428 viewsskinnybob72

Questions about away days/tickets on 11:44 - Jun 24 by PaoloMarinero

Thanks, so looks like I'd need to get Silver membership and junior blues to get priority for both tickets. Any idea about the seating? I'm assuming you can sit/stand anywhere in away stands (haven't been away for a few years now), but don't want to be in a situation of having to be separated from my son.

It varied by club last season - some insisted on correct seats while others did not.
Questions about away days/tickets on 12:49 - Jun 24 with 1397 viewsFoD_Blue

Questions about away days/tickets on 11:44 - Jun 24 by PaoloMarinero

From experience of the half dozen away trips that I went to last season (mostly in the SW), you had to sit in allocated seating. Most of our fixtures in the region sold out, so it would not have been possible to do a free-for-all for seating.
Questions about away days/tickets on 12:58 - Jun 24 with 1380 viewsFreddies_Ears

Most away games sell out, so getting some kind of priority before general sale is essential.
Most sold out games require you to be in the seat you bought.
If there is a standing terrace (quite a few in lg 1), then mo problem!
With a SW postcode, you may find it easier to buy in the home end at some grounds...
Questions about away days/tickets on 13:01 - Jun 24 with 1376 viewsclive_baker

Bristol Rovers is a Tuesday night, which might help your cause (if that doesn't render it impractical for you).

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Questions about away days/tickets on 13:06 - Jun 24 with 1327 viewsEly_Blue

I’d say if the 2 STs are linked you can get 2 tickets.

If you’re happy then to pay for an adult ticket for your son you shouldn’t need to get silver membership, that would mean you’d have to pay for 2 silver memberships which might be more expensive than buying adult tickets for him to go to the limited number of SW games

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Questions about away days/tickets on 14:58 - Jun 24 with 1239 viewsDJR

Questions about away days/tickets on 10:52 - Jun 24 by Pinewoodblue

You can buy a child's ticket. Five of us are adult season ticket holders but we don't all go to away games, so on a couple of occasions last season (when not all five of us were going) I bought a cheaper away ticket for my 18 year old son (who isn't a season ticket holder) on the strength of our season tickets. We happen to be gold members as well, but I don't think that makes any difference except for priority.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 15:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Questions about away days/tickets on 15:05 - Jun 24 with 1222 viewsPinewoodblue

Questions about away days/tickets on 14:58 - Jun 24 by DJR

You can buy a child's ticket. Five of us are adult season ticket holders but we don't all go to away games, so on a couple of occasions last season (when not all five of us were going) I bought a cheaper away ticket for my 18 year old son (who isn't a season ticket holder) on the strength of our season tickets. We happen to be gold members as well, but I don't think that makes any difference except for priority.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 15:02]

That defeats the idea of having an order of priority.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Questions about away days/tickets on 15:46 - Jun 24 with 1193 viewsStenvict

Your relatives that are season ticket holders can buy 2 tickets on your behalf and they can be whatever age category you want.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Questions about away days/tickets on 15:47 - Jun 24 with 1191 viewsPaoloMarinero

Thanks for answering everyone. I didn't know about linking, (my main worry was being sat in different areas) so I think the best way is to have a silver membership and a junior blues membership, link the two, and buy the tickets. If it works, I'll see you at Forest Green 😁
Questions about away days/tickets on 15:51 - Jun 24 with 1184 viewsPaoloMarinero

Questions about away days/tickets on 13:01 - Jun 24 by clive_baker

Bristol Rovers is a Tuesday night, which might help your cause (if that doesn't render it impractical for you).

A few years ago it really would have helped, you could see the Memorial Ground floodlights from my garden. Still only 45 minutes away now, so fingers crossed.
Questions about away days/tickets on 17:02 - Jun 24 with 1140 viewsDJR

Questions about away days/tickets on 15:05 - Jun 24 by Pinewoodblue

That defeats the idea of having an order of priority.

It doesn't really. Five of us are season ticket holders and gold members, so have priority to buy up to five away tickets. Quite who uses the tickets is irrelevant, as they are never named tickets. It's just like the season tickets themselves, which can be used by another when the season ticket holder can't make a home game. I might add that it is fairly rare that we take up the full allocation of five away tickets.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 17:09]
Questions about away days/tickets on 17:46 - Jun 24 with 1082 viewsStenvict

Questions about away days/tickets on 15:47 - Jun 24 by PaoloMarinero

Thanks for answering everyone. I didn't know about linking, (my main worry was being sat in different areas) so I think the best way is to have a silver membership and a junior blues membership, link the two, and buy the tickets. If it works, I'll see you at Forest Green 😁

I feel like a lot of the responses you've recieved have confused you. Just get your relatives to buy 1 adult and 1 u18 ticket when/if they go on sale to season ticket holders and get them to post them to you. It's really not as complicated as some are making it out to be.

Questions about away days/tickets on 18:04 - Jun 24 with 1069 viewsPaoloMarinero

Questions about away days/tickets on 17:46 - Jun 24 by Stenvict

I feel like a lot of the responses you've recieved have confused you. Just get your relatives to buy 1 adult and 1 u18 ticket when/if they go on sale to season ticket holders and get them to post them to you. It's really not as complicated as some are making it out to be.

Definitely confused! Your way sounds easier. Sorry to keep going on, but the way you suggest would mean two separate seats, as in not together? Can you buy adjoining seats this way? It's been suggested on this thread that a lot of clubs don't/can't allow sitting anywhere.
Questions about away days/tickets on 18:21 - Jun 24 with 1055 viewsDJR

Questions about away days/tickets on 17:46 - Jun 24 by Stenvict

Agreed.
Questions about away days/tickets on 18:26 - Jun 24 with 1041 viewsDJR

Questions about away days/tickets on 18:04 - Jun 24 by PaoloMarinero

Definitely confused! Your way sounds easier. Sorry to keep going on, but the way you suggest would mean two separate seats, as in not together? Can you buy adjoining seats this way? It's been suggested on this thread that a lot of clubs don't/can't allow sitting anywhere.

Your relatives can buy adjoining seats for you and your son, unless the allocation is virtually sold out, and there are only singles seats left. But with the grounds you have in mind, that shouldn't be a problem, so long as they buy them fairly promptly after they become available to season ticket holders.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2022 18:28]
Questions about away days/tickets on 18:36 - Jun 24 with 1026 viewsStenvict

Questions about away days/tickets on 18:04 - Jun 24 by PaoloMarinero

You can select the seats you want to sit in when you buy the tickets.

Questions about away days/tickets on 08:39 - Jun 25 with 880 viewsFBI

There's a massive SWITFC group on WhatsApp run by the most excellent Jon Banger. He has a link with the club ticket office which means we buy tickets just ahead of Silver members and attend as a group.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024