Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina 16:40 - Jul 5 with 4267 viewsSTYG

That would be an absolutely exceptional squad at this level and would really cement us as favourites along with Wednesday.

Although I honestly do believe McKenna could have got last seasons lot up if he'd had the whole season and been allowed to bring in one striker.

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 11:37 - Jul 6 with 745 viewsitfcjoe

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 11:28 - Jul 6 by STYG

I honestly don't know what people get out of this.

I check all my work documentation and it's always meticulous and professional. I see mistakes here all the time and it bothers me a bit, but as you say it's a football forum and I often see mistakes in my own posts because I don't bother to check them.

The fact people take 30 seconds out of their day to post a reply to someone (who could be rushed, multi tasking, not good at spelling or even have learning issues) to point out mistakes is absolutely tragic.

It's even sadder if these posters have never made a mistake in their own posts because they check and edit responses like it was a work setting.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 11:30]

I bet you won't get it wrong next time, if you like to be accurate as your post suggests sometimes it's good to be pulled up so you get it right next time surely?

I was called up a couple of times on 'Piggott' and now spell it correctly when typing - typos will obviously happen still

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 12:02 - Jul 6 with 650 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 11:17 - Jul 6 by MattinLondon

I understand that spelling is important in an official document or work email. But this is a football forum, spelling and grammar doesn’t really matter.

Yes it do.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 13:18 - Jul 6 with 544 viewsMattinLondon

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 12:02 - Jul 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yes it do.

No it doesn’t.
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 13:36 - Jul 6 with 491 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 13:18 - Jul 6 by MattinLondon

No it doesn’t.

Whoosh.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 13:38 - Jul 6 with 486 viewsSTYG

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 11:37 - Jul 6 by itfcjoe

I bet you won't get it wrong next time, if you like to be accurate as your post suggests sometimes it's good to be pulled up so you get it right next time surely?

I was called up a couple of times on 'Piggott' and now spell it correctly when typing - typos will obviously happen still

Not the point though.

I knew it was Hirst and still said Hurst. Like I may say Lief at some point instead of Leif. Most of my mistakes are rushing or having one eye on the TV, so it may be less likely that I get young George's name wrong but I knew it in the first place.

Just don't see the need for anyone to call it out when we all know who Bercant Selina is supposed to be regardless of how a poster spells it. It's not important unless it renders the post nonsensical.
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 14:03 - Jul 6 with 447 viewsMattinLondon

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 13:36 - Jul 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

Whoosh.

Oh.
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 14:32 - Jul 6 with 395 viewsBigCommon

Players "like" Leif and Hirst, seem more likely signings than Celina, imo, atm. If they can be got, and at the right price/wages. Given Mark Steeds presence and comments last week, I would think future profit from any signings are very high on the agender, aside from getting promoted ,if we are to lay out a transfer fee.. Think those two players would tick that box , more so than Bersant..
But, yeah, from a fans POV. all 3 would be amazing..
Not gonna lie, Steeds comments have lowered any expectations of huge signings, for me.. Probably for the best.. If they happen, then great... Looking at our existing squad, as it is. I think, the best L1 mangers would give their right arm, and be confident of a promotion push. Albeit, as with all squads, there is always room for improvement in some positions..
I rate McKenna, from what I've seen , both on and off the pitch, so far.. All being well without too many injuries. He could do a lot with our existing squad of players, imo.. Any extra incomings, are just added security...
If Steed is the "bean counter" he comes across as. Then I wouldn't be at all surprised if we held back slightly, and re-invested in January, if needed, when some targets (Celina for instance) might have only 6 months left on their current contracts...
If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 14:44 - Jul 6 with 377 viewsKropotkin123

If we were to get Leif, George Hurst and Celina on 16:42 - Jul 5 by Kieran_Knows

We've not even signed George Hirst and yet we've already got people spelling his name incorrectly.

It's really not that hard.

Exactly.

Also, why are people enthusiastic about Jorge Herst, when he has one 13 in 40 season under his belt? I say this from a position of ignorance, not protest.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024