Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts from tonight..... 22:47 - Jul 12 with 3734 viewsBloots

....most of our fans have bought the new shirt in a size too small.

"Skin tight" isn't a good look.

The players version, whilst better fitting, has the number far too low and just looks wrong from behind.

Going "cashless" appears to have made the service (in the Pioneer at least) slower, the queues at half time went into the fanzone.

We didn't play bad at times though.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Thoughts from tonight..... on 10:59 - Jul 13 with 463 viewsPinewoodblue

Cashless tills. The only way to speed things up, when you want to maximise sales in a short period of time , is click and collect.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Plenty of intent at stages…. on 11:05 - Jul 13 with 452 viewsSTYG

Plenty of intent at stages…. on 10:59 - Jul 13 by norfsufblue

Top class strikers invariably to go across the defenders path to avoid a clean tackle which either makes the chance easier or a foul from behind.... its the little bits of nous that turn good players ( which most professionals obviously are) into top quality whatever league they play in imo

It was an inch or two away from hitting the inside of the post and being a superb finish, not to mention it was a top keeper that forced him to put the shot that wide of him.

I agree he had a big head start and should have scored, but don't agree that it was as easy as being made out. The defender ran directly behind him, so no chance to cut across, not that he should have needed to anyway.

If you watch Fabianski's movement he did brilliant because the point where Ladapo would usually strike the keeper forced him to reassess, take a step and allowed the defender to get enough pressure on him.

He should still be scoring, but it wasn't as if it was a howler. From 20 yards it was inches from being perfect in the only place he could put it with the angle on goal and where the keeper was positioned.
A team that is pushing for promotion.... on 11:16 - Jul 13 with 425 viewsBloots

Plenty of intent at stages…. on 11:05 - Jul 13 by STYG

It was an inch or two away from hitting the inside of the post and being a superb finish, not to mention it was a top keeper that forced him to put the shot that wide of him.

I agree he had a big head start and should have scored, but don't agree that it was as easy as being made out. The defender ran directly behind him, so no chance to cut across, not that he should have needed to anyway.

If you watch Fabianski's movement he did brilliant because the point where Ladapo would usually strike the keeper forced him to reassess, take a step and allowed the defender to get enough pressure on him.

He should still be scoring, but it wasn't as if it was a howler. From 20 yards it was inches from being perfect in the only place he could put it with the angle on goal and where the keeper was positioned.

....whatever league they are in, needs a player that you have confidence in to score the vast majority of "one on ones" that they have.

We don't have that player.

It will be our obvious downfall if we don't address it.

A team that is pushing for promotion.... on 12:01 - Jul 13 with 377 viewsSTYG

A team that is pushing for promotion.... on 11:16 - Jul 13 by Bloots

....whatever league they are in, needs a player that you have confidence in to score the vast majority of "one on ones" that they have.

Having seen it again it was a 5 yard head start (not the 15 claimed by someone else) and it was still 5 yards up to the point he got in a position to shoot, at which point the defender caught up, which is a split second.

Also look at the keeper when the shot was taken. The shot is close to the keepers body, he flicks out a foot, misses it by millimetres and the shot still hit the post. Showing that Ladapo had an incredibly small window to aim into.

Watching it live, I also saw the way Fabianski came out which forced Ladapo to compose himself before shooting.

Not going to worry about a player whose positioning helped fashion a brilliant chance, who did pretty much everything right, apart from not be an inch or two more precise against a top keeper with the only place he could finish.

Saying that, I'd still like to see Hirst come in. Hirst, Ladapo and Jackson competing would be magnificent. I feel confident Ladapo will get 15 goals at least if he is the main man all year, but when you look at the pull we have we should be able to get someone that we can reasonably expect to be a 20-25 goal season man like you know a Clarke-Harris will be for be for Posh if he stays.
A team that is pushing for promotion.... on 12:07 - Jul 13 with 364 viewsitfcjoe

A team that is pushing for promotion.... on 11:16 - Jul 13 by Bloots

That's first time I've seen him, and liked what I saw generally and if he misses that one and scores in the season it's no issue. I think he had way too much time though as seemed to almost stop.

But we can't pretend it wasn't as simple a one on one as you will ever see, like Antonio's in the second half who also did the same and slowed down

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A team that is pushing for promotion.... on 12:15 - Jul 13 with 329 viewsSTYG

A team that is pushing for promotion.... on 12:07 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

That's first time I've seen him, and liked what I saw generally and if he misses that one and scores in the season it's no issue. I think he had way too much time though as seemed to almost stop.

But we can't pretend it wasn't as simple a one on one as you will ever see, like Antonio's in the second half who also did the same and slowed down

A simple one on one is having the whole goal to aim at and no defender at your heels and being far closer than 20 yards from goal.

He was square on, had a tiny window to finish in (look at how close the ball was to Fabianski's foot) and the 5 yard advantage he had (not 15 as you stated).

Watch the clip again from when the ball was played through, the 6 yard markings on the pitch, when the defender actually catches up, the fact Ladapo would have had no peripheral view of the defender about to catch him, where the defender was as Ladapo hit it and how close he had to put the shot to Fabianski just to hit the post.

Wasn't a simple chance at all, even if people want to pretend it was because he was clean through from the half way line.

Lapado did a huge amount right and very little wrong.
A team that is pushing for promotion.... on 12:22 - Jul 13 with 309 viewsitfcjoe

A team that is pushing for promotion.... on 12:15 - Jul 13 by STYG

A simple one on one is having the whole goal to aim at and no defender at your heels and being far closer than 20 yards from goal.

He was square on, had a tiny window to finish in (look at how close the ball was to Fabianski's foot) and the 5 yard advantage he had (not 15 as you stated).

Watch the clip again from when the ball was played through, the 6 yard markings on the pitch, when the defender actually catches up, the fact Ladapo would have had no peripheral view of the defender about to catch him, where the defender was as Ladapo hit it and how close he had to put the shot to Fabianski just to hit the post.

Wasn't a simple chance at all, even if people want to pretend it was because he was clean through from the half way line.

He had a one on one and missed the goal....come on!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A team that is pushing for promotion.... on 12:24 - Jul 13 with 300 viewsunbelievablue

Blimey.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Login to get fewer ads

He missed.... on 12:26 - Jul 13 with 297 viewsBloots

....so it doesn't matter what he did right.

He shouldn't get any grief for it, but lets not start making excuses before the season has even started.

A team that is pushing for promotion.... on 12:26 - Jul 13 with 296 viewsSTYG

A team that is pushing for promotion.... on 12:22 - Jul 13 by itfcjoe

He had a one on one and missed the goal....come on!

He did. I think he should still have scored.

But the positioning, the pace, the way he carried the ball and didn't allow the defender to catch him until the end and the tight finish were all plus points.

I do feel he should have angled himself more to open up a bit more of the goal and to allow a chance to go round the keeper if needed, but any hesitation he had, in real time, was caused by the keeper stopping where he did.

As I say, he should score from there and chose the wrong finish and wrong place to shoot from, but it was in no way an easy finish.

We might be agreeing in a way. I do agree he should have made more of the one on one, but not that he could have done a huge much more from the position he found himself in, once he'd made the choice to head to where he ultimately shot from.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024