Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine 15:16 - Aug 2 with 22594 viewsgiant_stow

and let Russia win their war (amongst other things, which I dare not mention):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-sto

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:54 - Aug 4 with 701 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:39 - Aug 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

All I am suggesting is that the representation of Rothschild looks like Rotschhild. The rest is just made up. I think I raised a question about proportionality on banking boards which is entirely different to over representation which is a little smeary imho.

I’m interested in your thoughts around him giving an interview to a pro Assad/pro Putin mouthpiece?
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:56 - Aug 4 with 679 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:50 - Aug 4 by giant_stow

THat's pretty shocking actually. From the other end of the spectrum, I noticed Marie Le Pen calling sanctions against Russia stupid, counter-productive and only hurting Europeans. Looks like a pincer movement from far right and left, backed up by big business to get their status quo back. Grim sh1t.

The horse shoe theory innit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:02 - Aug 4 with 651 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:50 - Aug 4 by giant_stow

THat's pretty shocking actually. From the other end of the spectrum, I noticed Marie Le Pen calling sanctions against Russia stupid, counter-productive and only hurting Europeans. Looks like a pincer movement from far right and left, backed up by big business to get their status quo back. Grim sh1t.

It's awful, and the way it's being frame around wanting 'peace' or 'Ukrainian people don't benefit from war' is shameful. If you support Russia's aims, at least have the courage to tell us, rather than hiding behind weasel words.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:05 - Aug 4 with 639 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:06 - Aug 4 by GlasgowBlue

Oh dolly you silly sausage. That’s not the full interview. That’s just a brief summary with selected quotes.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 8:16]

HAHAHA, unbelievable. I'm commenting on what Paul Mason linked in his article, that HE'S commenting on. I'm pretty sure if there was worse he wouldn't be leaving it out!

So do you want to reply to my points or just swerve again? Because let's be honest, just reply "that's not the full interview" is just a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeerve.

You want to provide some evidence where Corbyn says territory should be ceded to Russia or Russian troops shouldn't withdraw? I'm amazed that Paul Mason hasn't quoted it but I'm sure you can do his job for him...

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:05 - Aug 4 with 643 viewsblueasfook

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:11 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I wasn’t going to comment on this stuff until I saw the link you posted - have you looked at some of their other content (read propaganda even a Russian troll would be embarrassed about):-

“The EU has begun its retreat: It has taken the first steps in unraveling energy and food sanctions on Russia. Will other steps follow? Or will the pan-West, Russia-phobic axis strike back with further belligerence? ”

I wonder where their sympathies lie? So why is he appearing on a pro-Assad, pro-Putin propaganda machine?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 8:23]

He does it because no mainstream broadcaster considers his whacky views relevant.

The labour party are embarrassed by him and have taken active steps to distance themselves from the treacherous old rat.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:06 - Aug 4 with 632 viewsJakeITFC

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:02 - Aug 4 by gordon

It's awful, and the way it's being frame around wanting 'peace' or 'Ukrainian people don't benefit from war' is shameful. If you support Russia's aims, at least have the courage to tell us, rather than hiding behind weasel words.

I’m confused because this seems quite pointed towards my opinions in this thread now - do you honestly think I’m part of some far left/far right pro-Russian and anti-Semitic conspiracy?

Is it not possible just to think that war is bad?
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:06 - Aug 4 with 629 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:00 - Aug 4 by GlasgowBlue

I’m not going to speculate on Corbyn’s own motives. But here is his former attack dog, and a man defended by a certain poster on here over the years, going down the antisemitic rabbit hole.

"I’m not going to speculate on Corbyn’s own motives."

Well that'll be a first.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:09 - Aug 4 with 605 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:06 - Aug 4 by JakeITFC

I’m confused because this seems quite pointed towards my opinions in this thread now - do you honestly think I’m part of some far left/far right pro-Russian and anti-Semitic conspiracy?

Is it not possible just to think that war is bad?

Ha! I wasn't referring to anything anyone's saying on here - I meant the public figures, although obviously I think there have been some pretty naive views expressed in this thread.
Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:12 - Aug 4 with 590 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:11 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I wasn’t going to comment on this stuff until I saw the link you posted - have you looked at some of their other content (read propaganda even a Russian troll would be embarrassed about):-

“The EU has begun its retreat: It has taken the first steps in unraveling energy and food sanctions on Russia. Will other steps follow? Or will the pan-West, Russia-phobic axis strike back with further belligerence? ”

I wonder where their sympathies lie? So why is he appearing on a pro-Assad, pro-Putin propaganda machine?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 8:23]

Yeah, they've published some distasteful articles. Lots of publications do. Should we attack everyone who's had an article in, say, The Sun, or the Daily Mail, and claim those people have the same views as those publications?!

Corbyn clearly states "Russia's military operation in Ukraine (is) "fundamentally wrong."" Regardless of the publication it's in, that's pretty unequivocal.

In fact, maybe it's a good thing (and deliberate) that he's saying such a thing in a pro-Russian publication. Has that occurred to you? He's going where his words might make a difference rather than preaching to the converted.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:13 - Aug 4 with 577 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:05 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

HAHAHA, unbelievable. I'm commenting on what Paul Mason linked in his article, that HE'S commenting on. I'm pretty sure if there was worse he wouldn't be leaving it out!

So do you want to reply to my points or just swerve again? Because let's be honest, just reply "that's not the full interview" is just a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeerve.

You want to provide some evidence where Corbyn says territory should be ceded to Russia or Russian troops shouldn't withdraw? I'm amazed that Paul Mason hasn't quoted it but I'm sure you can do his job for him...

“ OR: Maybe just read, I dunno, THE ACTUAL ARTICLE ITSELF. ”

You then linked an article with selected quotes and not the full interview.

I really don’t know why I’m even attempting to have a grown up conversation with a man who once posted that the 2017 general election was taking place over two days due to so many people registering to vote for Corbyn.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:13 - Aug 4 with 583 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:05 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

He’s a crank not a serious politician.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 9:14]
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:14 - Aug 4 with 572 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:20 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

If you don’t want to be called a racist, probably best not to give interviews to racist media outlets:-

“According to Media Matters for America in 2021, Al Mayadeen used antisemitic conspiracy theories about George Soros in its coverage of the Pandora Papers "to sow doubt about whistleblowers and leaks".[32]

During the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, Al Mayadeen has referred to the Government of Ukraine as a "Nazi regime" and promoted the discredited Ukraine bioweapons conspiracy theory.”

Or maybe racists media outlets is EXACTLY where you should be going if you want to change hearts and minds?!

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:16 - Aug 4 with 551 viewsgiant_stow

The only way peace would come now through negotiations is:

Russia withdrawals
Ukraine cedes territory.

Which do you think is more likely? Corbyn knows that. At the very least, the mooted deal includes keeping Crimea, but more likely the Donbas too.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:16 - Aug 4 with 550 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:29 - Aug 4 by gordon

The really interesting thing about all this is that the war in Ukraine is at a fairly decisive point - Ukrainian counter-offensives in the south are putting pressure on Kherson, because of the HIMARS delivered last month, with more HIMARS delivered in the last week - these have the potential to swing the war pretty decisively towards Ukraine, because Russia can't really do anything to combat HIMARS.

So it's really interesting that at the point when Russia potentially stands to lose decisive territory in the south, hobbling their war aims, the calls for a 'ceasefire' come along from these people, and a negotiated peace that would prevent Ukraine from reclaiming territory:

Again, this is someone 'near' Corbyn. Not ACTUALLY Corbyn is it?!

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:19 - Aug 4 with 546 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:12 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah, they've published some distasteful articles. Lots of publications do. Should we attack everyone who's had an article in, say, The Sun, or the Daily Mail, and claim those people have the same views as those publications?!

Corbyn clearly states "Russia's military operation in Ukraine (is) "fundamentally wrong."" Regardless of the publication it's in, that's pretty unequivocal.

In fact, maybe it's a good thing (and deliberate) that he's saying such a thing in a pro-Russian publication. Has that occurred to you? He's going where his words might make a difference rather than preaching to the converted.

I’m not sure that even the Sun has supported a man who’s gassed his own people and praised Russia bombarding civilians.

And pushing anti semitic theories as to th origins of the war.

There’s a reason no credible politician from and part of the West wants nothing to do with these pedlars of hate
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:20 - Aug 4 with 542 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:14 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Or maybe racists media outlets is EXACTLY where you should be going if you want to change hearts and minds?!

Yeah right, he couldn’t even persuade people he was more electable that Teresa May.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:24 - Aug 4 with 527 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:20 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Yeah right, he couldn’t even persuade people he was more electable that Teresa May.

To be fair, those same people were 'persuaded' vote for brexit.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:25 - Aug 4 with 524 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:16 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Again, this is someone 'near' Corbyn. Not ACTUALLY Corbyn is it?!

The point is that at a critical time in the Russian invasion when western weapons are having a significant impact and potentially turning the tide of the war & threatening Russian gains in the south, a group of British leftists are publicly stating that we should stop providing weapons to Ukraine because they can't defeat the invasion, and a ceasefire should be discussed, which they know in practice means permanent occupation of the areas Russia has gained.

In doing so, they're misrepresenting the views of Ukrainians and the situation in Ukraine, in a way which is to the benefit of an imperialist, fascist force which is murdering and raping civilians - while doing so under a banner of 'pacifism'.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:29 - Aug 4 with 503 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:25 - Aug 4 by gordon

The point is that at a critical time in the Russian invasion when western weapons are having a significant impact and potentially turning the tide of the war & threatening Russian gains in the south, a group of British leftists are publicly stating that we should stop providing weapons to Ukraine because they can't defeat the invasion, and a ceasefire should be discussed, which they know in practice means permanent occupation of the areas Russia has gained.

In doing so, they're misrepresenting the views of Ukrainians and the situation in Ukraine, in a way which is to the benefit of an imperialist, fascist force which is murdering and raping civilians - while doing so under a banner of 'pacifism'.

Absolutely nailed it.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:33 - Aug 4 with 481 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:24 - Aug 4 by noggin

To be fair, those same people were 'persuaded' vote for brexit.

Aided by the leader of the opposition being a lifelong Brexiteer
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:44 - Aug 4 with 452 viewsnoggin

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:33 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Aided by the leader of the opposition being a lifelong Brexiteer

My point was that the electorate has proven how gullible they can be to media and government lies. Also, I'm not sure JC convinced anyone to vote for Brexit.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:45 - Aug 4 with 445 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:13 - Aug 4 by GlasgowBlue

“ OR: Maybe just read, I dunno, THE ACTUAL ARTICLE ITSELF. ”

You then linked an article with selected quotes and not the full interview.

I really don’t know why I’m even attempting to have a grown up conversation with a man who once posted that the 2017 general election was taking place over two days due to so many people registering to vote for Corbyn.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeerve.

I linked the article YOU linked, via Paul Mason's article. What juicy stuff do you think was in the full article that Paul Mason didn't deem worthy of repeating, but you now think is important?!

Rather than deflecting and digging up old stuff, answer the points?!

Where has Corbyn said territory should be ceded to Russia or Russian troops shouldn't withdraw?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:46 - Aug 4 with 439 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:13 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

He’s a crank not a serious politician.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 9:14]

What the hell has that got to do with what I posted?
Looks like another Glasgow Swerve to me...

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:48 - Aug 4 with 429 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:16 - Aug 4 by giant_stow

The only way peace would come now through negotiations is:

Russia withdrawals
Ukraine cedes territory.

Which do you think is more likely? Corbyn knows that. At the very least, the mooted deal includes keeping Crimea, but more likely the Donbas too.

I don't know what Corbyn's thinking, maybe the interviewer should've delved a bit deeper into what he means. But that doesn't mean you can just make up what you reckon he means, like you did in the OP.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:50 - Aug 4 with 412 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 09:20 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

That's got nothing to do with this thread and is a whole nother entire discussion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024