Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee 09:31 - Aug 4 with 1912 viewsSteve_M

He thinks stopping it is lazy and pretending the issue has gone away:

https://theathletic.com/3474102/2022/08/04/taking-knee-racism-nouble/

I read it that the incident he references whilst at Ipswich was home fans at an away game.

CL4CK!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 09:47 - Aug 4 with 1813 viewshomer_123

I posted yesterday that the fact the Prem had voted to reduce the amount of time the knee is taken should mean that the rest of football keeps doing it and shows them how important it is.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 09:54 - Aug 4 with 1792 viewsitfc48

I understand why Prem teams are doing it. Since players started taking the knee what other positive actions have actually occurred to combat the issue? As far as I can see players are still getting abused with the authorities continuing to hand out weak punishments.

In some ways taking the knee is lazy because people can say they’re doing something when in reality they're not doing as much as they could be doing.
Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 10:44 - Aug 4 with 1689 viewsArnieM

Taking the knee as such, frankly has minimal impact now. This doesn’t mean to stop doing it means the problem has gone away. But maybe a different way to raise awareness is now required.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 11:03 - Aug 4 with 1623 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Can't get past the paywall nagging.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 12:11 - Aug 4 with 1511 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 09:54 - Aug 4 by itfc48

I understand why Prem teams are doing it. Since players started taking the knee what other positive actions have actually occurred to combat the issue? As far as I can see players are still getting abused with the authorities continuing to hand out weak punishments.

In some ways taking the knee is lazy because people can say they’re doing something when in reality they're not doing as much as they could be doing.

The question is what more they can and should be doing.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 12:15 - Aug 4 with 1505 viewsSteve_M

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 11:03 - Aug 4 by BasingstokeBlue

Can't get past the paywall nagging.

Yes, it's why I added a precis.

I don't read The Athletic enough to be worth it now my cheap subscription has expired although, with the Women's Euros, I've probably read more in the last two weeks than in ages.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 12:17 - Aug 4 with 1487 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 12:15 - Aug 4 by Steve_M

Yes, it's why I added a precis.

I don't read The Athletic enough to be worth it now my cheap subscription has expired although, with the Women's Euros, I've probably read more in the last two weeks than in ages.

"I read it that the incident he references whilst at Ipswich was home fans at an away game."

is a very vague precis.

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 13:14 - Aug 4 with 1379 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 12:17 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

"I read it that the incident he references whilst at Ipswich was home fans at an away game."

is a very vague precis.

Indeed so - I'm still clueless as to which incident the OP alludes.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Login to get fewer ads

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 13:43 - Aug 4 with 1301 viewsVaughan8

"I’m still racially abused at games. Giving up the knee is a lazy decision"

Is carrying on with taking the knee going to stop it. I doubt it. Has it helped, possibly but its not going to eradicate it.

What's the answer? I don't know, but taking the knee isn't it.
Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 14:14 - Aug 4 with 1259 viewsGuthrum

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 13:43 - Aug 4 by Vaughan8

Is carrying on with taking the knee going to stop it. I doubt it. Has it helped, possibly but its not going to eradicate it.

However, taking the knee might be a part of the solution. A constant, visible reminder of the need to be tackling the problem of racism in sport (and outside it).

Certainly doesn't do any harm to the cause. Why would anybody be repelled by an expression of solidarity with those who are suffering abuse?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 14:37 - Aug 4 with 1221 viewsSwansea_Blue

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 09:54 - Aug 4 by itfc48

The players taking the knee isn’t a lazy alternative to action, as it’s not the players who are responsible for enforcement.

It’s a constant reminder that more needs to be done.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 14:48 - Aug 4 with 1188 viewsGarv

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 13:43 - Aug 4 by Vaughan8

It won't be eradicated in any of our lifetimes.

If taking the knee is having an overall positive effect, why not keep doing it? Everyone knows what it means when they see it, and it keeps the subject on topic - which is the general point of it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 14:57 - Aug 4 with 1163 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 14:48 - Aug 4 by Garv

It won't be eradicated in any of our lifetimes.

If taking the knee is having an overall positive effect, why not keep doing it? Everyone knows what it means when they see it, and it keeps the subject on topic - which is the general point of it.

One of the biggest arguments for continuing it is that people still complain about it or boo it. If it gets under the skin of even just one racist it is doing something good.

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 19:22 - Aug 4 with 1046 viewsSeablu

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 14:57 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

One of the biggest arguments for continuing it is that people still complain about it or boo it. If it gets under the skin of even just one racist it is doing something good.

It appears to ‘energise’ a few statue protectors on here too.

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 11:35 - Aug 5 with 802 viewsVeggie

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 19:22 - Aug 4 by Seablu

It appears to ‘energise’ a few statue protectors on here too.

Certainly energises the virtue signallers like you
Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 18:39 - Aug 5 with 692 viewsSeablu

Frank Nouble's thoughts on racism and taking the knee on 11:35 - Aug 5 by Veggie

Certainly energises the virtue signallers like you

Yep, you were on the bingo card.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024