Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keogh set to sign 11:09 - Aug 9 with 9804 viewsUppaTowen78

Seems odd
Keogh set to sign on 15:21 - Aug 9 with 791 viewsitfcjoe

Keogh set to sign on 15:16 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

I think, for me, the character concerned over one error of judgement, if we take it as that, has been usurped by his behaviour at Stoke, Derby (prior to that incident), MK Dons, Huddersfield and Blackpool which seems to have been top notch. If there was a record of him taking all of the younger players out of the lash, or had other drinking matters against his record, then it’s completely different. Furthermore, he has been moving between clubs because he has wanted to and seems to be leaving nothing but best wishes behind him, again Derby aside.

That's generally my view on it as well, as been signed by managers like Russell Martin and Neil Critchley since who are very high on character, and presumably has passed the sniff test here.

The incident is something that will tarnish his career and follow him round, but is clearly a hurdle he's been able to clear successfully and will prove to be a good addition here

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Keogh set to sign on 15:21 - Aug 9 with 781 viewsDarth_Koont

Keogh set to sign on 15:17 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

Course he knew, and if he didn't know it was because he was too drunk himself to notice.

I’m calling BS on that. You have no idea.

You’re way too attached to your incomplete but nevertheless strongly judgmental opinion. In defiance of the available facts and accounts.

And I can’t say it’s out of character either.

Pronouns: He/Him

Keogh set to sign on 15:24 - Aug 9 with 755 viewsitfcjoe

Keogh set to sign on 15:21 - Aug 9 by Darth_Koont

I’m calling BS on that. You have no idea.

You’re way too attached to your incomplete but nevertheless strongly judgmental opinion. In defiance of the available facts and accounts.

And I can’t say it’s out of character either.

There is one available account, from Keogh. I wonder if that would be seen as relaible?

A statement from Derby here:
A Rams statement read:"The players were out as part of a scheduled team-building dinner with staff and while the majority of them acted responsibly and left at around 8pm and were not involved, a small group, including the team captain Richard Keogh, continued drinking into the night.

Of course as a member of this small group he couldn't have possibly known that they were hammered having stayed in the pub from 8pm until closing time

Just stick me back on ignore
[Post edited 9 Aug 2022 15:28]

Keogh set to sign on 15:27 - Aug 9 with 722 viewsDarth_Koont

Keogh set to sign on 15:24 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

There is one available account, from Keogh. I wonder if that would be seen as relaible?

A Rams statement read:"The players were out as part of a scheduled team-building dinner with staff and while the majority of them acted responsibly and left at around 8pm and were not involved, a small group, including the team captain Richard Keogh, continued drinking into the night.

Of course as a member of this small group he couldn't have possibly known that they were hammered having stayed in the pub from 8pm until closing time

And there’s the opinion of people like you completely on the outside which is ultimately worthless as you just don’t know.

You’re also now saying he absolutely knew – or he didn’t because he was too drunk himself. Even in your own telling you don’t know what you’re actually talking about, do you?

Keogh set to sign on 15:29 - Aug 9 with 715 viewsitfcjoe

Keogh set to sign on 15:27 - Aug 9 by Darth_Koont

And there’s the opinion of people like you completely on the outside which is ultimately worthless as you just don’t know.

You’re also now saying he absolutely knew – or he didn’t because he was too drunk himself. Even in your own telling you don’t know what you’re actually talking about, do you?

Being too drunk to know is no different to knowing and equate

Keogh set to sign on 15:32 - Aug 9 with 695 viewsDarth_Koont

Keogh set to sign on 15:29 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

Being too drunk to know is no different to knowing and equate

Gmpf.

No it’s not.

But at least you seem to be backtracking a little from the “course he knew” allegation. Rather pathetically but still.

Keogh set to sign on 16:18 - Aug 9 with 606 viewsJ2BLUE

Keogh set to sign on 15:24 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

Derby lost the case against him and by the sounds of it really tried to twist the story to get him off the books.

If he hasn't seen Lawrence all night then isn't there the chance he could have thought he stayed sober to drive? Surely we've all been out at a time when one person doesn't drink so they can drive?

You're being unfair. The mental gymnastics line could be turned around. People have decided he's guilty and have condemned him regardless of the evidence.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Keogh set to sign on 16:35 - Aug 9 with 564 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Keogh set to sign on 16:18 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Derby lost the case against him and by the sounds of it really tried to twist the story to get him off the books.

If he hasn't seen Lawrence all night then isn't there the chance he could have thought he stayed sober to drive? Surely we've all been out at a time when one person doesn't drink so they can drive?

You're being unfair. The mental gymnastics line could be turned around. People have decided he's guilty and have condemned him regardless of the evidence.

Indeed. This must be the first case in TWTD history of people believing the word of the always reliable Derby County!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

Keogh set to sign on 19:46 - Aug 9 with 452 viewsPhilTWTD

Not quite done, should be sorted in the morning. Very nominal fee I'm told. One-year deal.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:30 - Aug 10 with 318 viewsBrads

Keogh set to sign on 11:49 - Aug 9 by itfcjoe

He's a really good player, always has been and still cutting it in the Championship last year - but if a 2 year deal and a fee paid seems a bit mad.

He'll improve the squad, no doubt, both with regards to what is done on the pitch and bits off the pitch.

Without being a bit of a nob though, when the club have had an inspirational speech re running towards adversity by a bloke who would have died because he got tail ended at 100mph and has life changing injuries is bringing someone who was front and centre of the drink driving stuff at Derby really fitting in with that?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024