Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car insurance Rip Off 10:38 - Aug 12 with 2560 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have twin daughters of 19, both of whom drive.

Daughter A is insured with Churchill. Daughter A had a slight bump in a car park, was at fault and has a claim against her.

Daughter B’s insurance was due for renewal a week or two ago. The Mrs shopped around and got a great deal with Churchill. Today we get a letter saying that they have cancelled daughter B’s insurance as of 12 noon due to us not declaring a bump she had in a car park.

An hour into the call Churchill have realised their mistake and somebody in the office had inputed the wrong twin’s details into the system. However, the deal my wife got for daughter B is no longer available and to set up a new policy will be seven hundred quid dearer. We are welcome to shop around elsewhere or pay the higher premium today and put in a claim for compensation, which we are advised may or may not be successful.

The Mrs will not pass me the phone knowing I will press the nuclear button and call them all the thieving c****s under the Sun. So I’m ranting here.

Does anyone have any experience with the insurance ombudsman?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 10:39]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Car insurance Rip Off on 17:42 - Aug 12 with 484 viewsmylittletown

Car insurance Rip Off on 17:01 - Aug 12 by The_Flashing_Smile

Feel free to tell us the ones who are not.

I have always been very well treated by Hiscox, for instance.
Car insurance Rip Off on 17:44 - Aug 12 with 482 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Car insurance Rip Off on 16:27 - Aug 12 by mylittletown

Have you made a claim on Admiral Multicar?
I did and they were a total nightmare. They did everything they possibly could to make things difficult and delay. If I had been hard up, or if I badly needed the car for work etc, I would have been struggling.
I went back to a proper insurer, the next renewal.

I believe we have dealt with them for one but it was the other driver's fault and we had no issue. Would be keen to hear other people's experiences too. I believe the AA or Which or someone had recommended them when we first chose them. You will hear a poor story about most large companies won't you?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Car insurance Rip Off on 18:07 - Aug 12 with 449 viewsmylittletown

Car insurance Rip Off on 17:44 - Aug 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

I believe we have dealt with them for one but it was the other driver's fault and we had no issue. Would be keen to hear other people's experiences too. I believe the AA or Which or someone had recommended them when we first chose them. You will hear a poor story about most large companies won't you?

Yes, I guess that you will.
Car insurance Rip Off on 19:17 - Aug 12 with 411 viewssotd78

Car insurance Rip Off on 16:21 - Aug 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Good luck with this. You deserve compensation to the full difference in what you pay with another insurer and some.

I am not sure how relevant it is but we use Admiral Multicar for our insurance. They are the first insurer we have used where the automatic renewal premium is cheaper every year.

Good luck with Admiral if you ever need to claim. Or with any other insurers from the Esure or Sabre stables - that includes the majority of the supermarket insurers. Experience (over many years) suggests the proper insurers like LV, Aviva, DirectLine turn out in the long run to be the best.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Car insurance Rip Off on 20:05 - Aug 12 with 394 viewsDaninthecampo

The FOS now charge companies £750 for every complaint they review. Churchill have clearly made an error, they will back down if you mention the FOS and GDPR
Car insurance Rip Off on 22:41 - Aug 12 with 354 viewsmylittletown

Car insurance Rip Off on 19:17 - Aug 12 by sotd78

Good luck with Admiral if you ever need to claim. Or with any other insurers from the Esure or Sabre stables - that includes the majority of the supermarket insurers. Experience (over many years) suggests the proper insurers like LV, Aviva, DirectLine turn out in the long run to be the best.

Agreed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024