Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Hundred 20:17 - Aug 13 with 1485 viewsWicksy

Enjoyable as a game of cricket.
But who really cares who wins?

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

The Hundred on 20:25 - Aug 13 with 1447 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I do. My affiliations are with Hampshire Brave (obviously).

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

The Hundred on 20:31 - Aug 13 with 1434 viewsWicksy

The Hundred on 20:25 - Aug 13 by BasingstokeBlue

Fair enough. But are all rhein players "Hampshire" ?

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

The Hundred on 21:55 - Aug 13 with 1384 viewsBasingstokeBlue

The Hundred on 20:31 - Aug 13 by Wicksy

Fair enough. But are all rhein players "Hampshire" ?

A fair number. And all their home games are played at the Ageas Bowl, Hampshire’s home.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

The Hundred on 23:18 - Aug 13 with 1341 viewsPlums

Couldn’t really care less. Trent Rockets are our ‘local’ side but they’re not Notts and I’m not really sure why they exist. T20 packs out Trent Bridge as it is

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The Hundred on 23:30 - Aug 13 with 1331 viewsKievthegreat

The Hundred on 23:18 - Aug 13 by Plums

Couldn’t really care less. Trent Rockets are our ‘local’ side but they’re not Notts and I’m not really sure why they exist. T20 packs out Trent Bridge as it is

Trent Rockets are my local, but I'm an Essex fan so until Essex play them I won't be at The Hundred.
The Hundred on 23:34 - Aug 13 with 1324 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Imran Tahir won my son's affiliations over to Birmingham Phoenix.

I care little but enjoy watching. Some good cricket on show and most matches are fairly close.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The Hundred on 23:40 - Aug 13 with 1307 viewsChurchman

The Hundred on 23:34 - Aug 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Imran Tahir won my son's affiliations over to Birmingham Phoenix.

I care little but enjoy watching. Some good cricket on show and most matches are fairly close.

Yes, that’s where I am. I really enjoy it, as I do all cricket forms, but don’t have a ‘100’ team. For ‘normal’ cricket, I’ve lived in Kent most of my working life so have always followed them.
The Hundred on 07:42 - Aug 14 with 1211 viewsBluespeed225

Do Essex have a team? I always followed them in 70’s/early 80’ as I loved Graham Gooch h as a batsman, John Lever etc. it was them and Somerset who caught my imagination, bit of glory hunting!
Login to get fewer ads

The Hundred on 09:17 - Aug 14 with 1169 viewsMaySixth

100%

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

The Hundred on 10:30 - Aug 14 with 1135 viewsgordon

The Hundred on 20:25 - Aug 13 by BasingstokeBlue

There isn't a team called Hampshire Brave though.
The Hundred on 10:45 - Aug 14 with 1129 viewsbournemouthblue

The Hundred on 07:42 - Aug 14 by Bluespeed225

Do Essex have a team? I always followed them in 70’s/early 80’ as I loved Graham Gooch h as a batsman, John Lever etc. it was them and Somerset who caught my imagination, bit of glory hunting!

They are linked to the Spirit not that they are local, I would argue there should be an Eastern 'Franchise' but where you base them beyond simply playing at Essex is the bigger issue

They do actually have an Eastern side in the Women's 50 over comp called the Sunrisers

The South West misses out too, there's a decent argument to have a Western and Eastern side as well

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Hundred on 12:46 - Aug 14 with 1086 viewsgainsboroughblue

The Hundred on 10:45 - Aug 14 by bournemouthblue

They are linked to the Spirit not that they are local, I would argue there should be an Eastern 'Franchise' but where you base them beyond simply playing at Essex is the bigger issue

They do actually have an Eastern side in the Women's 50 over comp called the Sunrisers

The South West misses out too, there's a decent argument to have a Western and Eastern side as well

The South West are linked to the Welsh Fire side aren't they? But yeah, there is certainly a case for having a Bristol based team.

As far as we go in the East, Chelmsford is the biggest ground and only holds just over 6,000, which maybe is too small for the amount of people the competition wants to attract.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The Hundred on 13:04 - Aug 14 with 1080 viewsIpswichKnight

The Hundred on 12:46 - Aug 14 by gainsboroughblue

The South West are linked to the Welsh Fire side aren't they? But yeah, there is certainly a case for having a Bristol based team.

As far as we go in the East, Chelmsford is the biggest ground and only holds just over 6,000, which maybe is too small for the amount of people the competition wants to attract.

This is the problem we don’t have a ground that holds over 10k. The next expansion of the 100 will see teams in Bristol and Durham. You could base a team at the London stadium ( Essex have looked to play T20 there ) but both London sides might object to a 3rd London side.
The Hundred on 17:58 - Aug 14 with 1002 viewsChurchman

Interesting article on franchise cricket.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2022/aug/13/cricket-is-about-to-reach-tip

The game is changing.
The Hundred on 18:02 - Aug 14 with 999 viewsgainsboroughblue

The Hundred on 17:58 - Aug 14 by Churchman

Interesting article on franchise cricket.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2022/aug/13/cricket-is-about-to-reach-tip

The game is changing.

A good point there regarding Will Smeed. Hugely talented cricketer who may retire in years to come without ever playing a First Class game. He has only ever made one List A appearance.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The Hundred on 22:01 - Aug 14 with 925 viewsBlueForYou

Proper Cricket starts on Wednesday!
The Hundred on 22:37 - Aug 14 with 913 viewsbournemouthblue

The Hundred on 12:46 - Aug 14 by gainsboroughblue

I get that they only want Test Quality grounds involved, Bristol and perhaps even Taunton would have a stronger case than Chelmsford in fairness.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024