Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 09:36 - Aug 16 with 1869 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 12:20 - Aug 16 with 501 viewsvictorywilhappen

Did anyone else fall out of love with music in their 30's? on 12:13 - Aug 16 by J2BLUE

Hate articles like this. Always looking to group people together and analyse everything to death.

[Redacted]
Did anyone else fall out of love with music in their 30's? on 12:33 - Aug 16 with 454 viewsElephantintheRoom

Did anyone else fall out of love with music in their 30's? on 11:53 - Aug 16 by mylittletown

You'd have thought that another half with no interest in prog rock might actually have encouraged you to listen to music?

Hoho. I’m not sure I had much interest in television between the ages of 11 and 35 either the suddenly collapsing in front of the tele to watch Dallas etc became strangely compelling

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Did anyone else fall out of love with music in their 30's? on 12:37 - Aug 16 with 447 viewschicoazul

Millennials are constantly amazed by changes in tastes and habits. It’s almost as if they can’t understand personal growth.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Did anyone else fall out of love with music in their 30's? on 13:11 - Aug 16 with 421 viewsblueasfook

Still very much love my music, but my tastes have changed. Loved dance music in my 20s/30s and listened to very little else. But since I am now far too old to go clubbing I have turned to rock music - particularly classic or "dad rock" millenials would probably call it.

I feel a little sad for people who dont love music. I think it's a vital part of life to rock out with some tunes.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Did anyone else fall out of love with music in their 30's? on 13:25 - Aug 16 with 388 viewsmylittletown

Did anyone else fall out of love with music in their 30's? on 12:33 - Aug 16 by ElephantintheRoom

Hoho. I’m not sure I had much interest in television between the ages of 11 and 35 either the suddenly collapsing in front of the tele to watch Dallas etc became strangely compelling

That almost seems like a golden era for TV?
Seemed like we had a very limited choice, but quite a few decent shows and series.
Now we have a vast choice, but no more really good programmes.
Did anyone else fall out of love with music in their 30's? on 13:38 - Aug 16 with 359 viewsjaykay

music is memories of my youth so i expect it died at 30 as well for me. from 63 to 1980. mind you glam rock and prog rock in that era passed me by.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Did anyone else fall out of love with music in their 30's? on 13:41 - Aug 16 with 344 viewsJimmyJazz

[Redacted] on 12:10 - Aug 16 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I remember when I first started buying albums, I had a handful and knew them inside out and still do. Years later while still embracing new records, a new album would be listened to, enjoyed and then not played again for years, because there was always more new stuff coming and I still wanted to listen to the stuff I had earlier loved. I always wonder how John Peel managed to keep abreast with new music but still have time for all the previous stuff he liked.

But surely one big factor causing people to lose interest is that they hit a period where they don't much like modern music. For me it was when Brit Pop was at it's height, 'alternative' music had become the mainstream and everyone was a fan - it was surely partly coincidence that I was also in my 30's at this time.

The other thing that had happened in the 90s is that only the NME was still going as a weekly music paper, and they always lived by the mantra of build something up, then knock it down and find something new.

Now, like a few others, I find more enjoyment going back and discovering 60's / early 70's rock that I had never considered before

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Did anyone else fall out of love with music in their 30's? on 15:58 - Aug 16 with 297 viewsCoastalblue

Did anyone else fall out of love with music in their 30's? on 13:41 - Aug 16 by JimmyJazz

I remember when I first started buying albums, I had a handful and knew them inside out and still do. Years later while still embracing new records, a new album would be listened to, enjoyed and then not played again for years, because there was always more new stuff coming and I still wanted to listen to the stuff I had earlier loved. I always wonder how John Peel managed to keep abreast with new music but still have time for all the previous stuff he liked.

But surely one big factor causing people to lose interest is that they hit a period where they don't much like modern music. For me it was when Brit Pop was at it's height, 'alternative' music had become the mainstream and everyone was a fan - it was surely partly coincidence that I was also in my 30's at this time.

The other thing that had happened in the 90s is that only the NME was still going as a weekly music paper, and they always lived by the mantra of build something up, then knock it down and find something new.

Now, like a few others, I find more enjoyment going back and discovering 60's / early 70's rock that I had never considered before

We probably all have moments when we listen to a track, and our mind automatically expects a certian track to be next because that's the running order on the album. Well those of us above a certain age anyway.

There was something magical about running your thumbnail down the celophane on a new album, the static on the vinyl the first time it came out of the dusct cover, the shinyness the first time you carefully put it on the deck. Much as I love digital music, it's not quite the same as a first time experience.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024