Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton or Bart? 14:50 - Aug 16 with 2505 viewsSamWhiteUK

Walton or Bart? on 20:06 - Aug 16 with 455 viewsSimonds92

Walton or Bart? on 19:44 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

Madness to suggest the keeper who has kept basically 50 Championship clean sheets across the last 3 seasons is a better keeper than one playing in League One?

He was superb for Ipswich, he’s been superb for Millwall.

But then when Bart was here people were saying he was a better keeper than Wright who played for England before he left us.

As i said, Walton been great but has miles to go to eclipse Bart. If he was better he’d be at the top end of the Chanpionship now

People that were saying that would be wrong. We're not trying to compare legacies here, who is the better goalkeeper is the question, Walton is far superior in every aspect of being a goalkeeper apart from shot stopping which they are fairly even on. Would you genuinely have Bart over Walton tomorrow if they were exactly the same age and we could negotiate a swap?
Walton or Bart? on 20:33 - Aug 16 with 443 viewsitfcjoe

Walton or Bart? on 20:06 - Aug 16 by Simonds92

People that were saying that would be wrong. We're not trying to compare legacies here, who is the better goalkeeper is the question, Walton is far superior in every aspect of being a goalkeeper apart from shot stopping which they are fairly even on. Would you genuinely have Bart over Walton tomorrow if they were exactly the same age and we could negotiate a swap?

If Walton was far superior in every aspect of goalkeeping than a guy who has been a top Championship keeper for the best part of a decade then he wouldn’t be playing in League One

It’s not about legacies etc, but the keeper continuing to perform at a high level in the Championship is clearly more than just a good shot stopper

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Walton or Bart? on 20:36 - Aug 16 with 422 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Walton or Bart? on 20:33 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

If Walton was far superior in every aspect of goalkeeping than a guy who has been a top Championship keeper for the best part of a decade then he wouldn’t be playing in League One

It’s not about legacies etc, but the keeper continuing to perform at a high level in the Championship is clearly more than just a good shot stopper

Indeed. Walton has potential and he is clearly a very good keeper. Until he has performed at the level Bart is and has done for a lot of years in the Championship, it is only potential.

EDIT: Is Walton a better keeper than De Gea because he made a couple of mistakes last match? I expect there are some who will say yes!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 20:37]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Walton or Bart? on 21:56 - Aug 16 with 375 viewsKieran_Knows

The only reason Walton is here is because we was fortunate enough to have a manager at the time who had previously worked with him across 2 spells of which 1 coincided with promotion from this League and 1 with a very decent season in the Championship, of all which consisted with playing out from the back and being good/brave on the ball.

Let’s not also forgot, Walton had interest from Championship clubs in January (namely Luton who were doing extremely well at the top end of the division at the time).

Bart’s a good keeper, and has performed well for a Millwall side who, let’s be honest aren’t really renowned for playing the kind of football which we are now. That said, his distribution was poor, it was scary when he got on the ball when Lambert first had us playing out from the back, and his ability to claim crosses like Walton, I mean there isn’t any comparison in that regard.

Shame they’re not similar ages as would be interesting to see who goes on and has the better career overall, although Bart going to a World Cup, albeit 3rd choice is a very good achievement.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Walton or Bart? on 22:00 - Aug 16 with 351 viewsSimonds92

If CW doesnt improve at all and stays at his current level he will playing at a higher level than Bart ever has. He's a better all round keeper. I do think a lot of Championship goalkeepers are much of a muchness and Bart is certainly one of the better ones in the league but I just rate Walton so highly, he is playing 2 divisions below where he could be imo.
Walton or Bart? on 22:06 - Aug 16 with 328 viewsitfcjoe

Walton or Bart? on 21:56 - Aug 16 by Kieran_Knows

The only reason Walton is here is because we was fortunate enough to have a manager at the time who had previously worked with him across 2 spells of which 1 coincided with promotion from this League and 1 with a very decent season in the Championship, of all which consisted with playing out from the back and being good/brave on the ball.

Let’s not also forgot, Walton had interest from Championship clubs in January (namely Luton who were doing extremely well at the top end of the division at the time).

Bart’s a good keeper, and has performed well for a Millwall side who, let’s be honest aren’t really renowned for playing the kind of football which we are now. That said, his distribution was poor, it was scary when he got on the ball when Lambert first had us playing out from the back, and his ability to claim crosses like Walton, I mean there isn’t any comparison in that regard.

Shame they’re not similar ages as would be interesting to see who goes on and has the better career overall, although Bart going to a World Cup, albeit 3rd choice is a very good achievement.

We signed Walton on August 31st, if a Champ side wanted him to be number 1 then he’d have been there before that but no one had done.

He’s been very good for us, and is one I’ve noted a lot is one who is Champ quality and I’d expect to grow with us - but he’s got to do that before he can be ahead of what Bart did and sone of the comments talking him down on this thread are mad. Walton’s distribution has improved a lot this season alone, he didn’t come here as particularly comfortable ball player

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Walton or Bart? on 22:07 - Aug 16 with 323 viewsMullet

Walton or Bart? on 18:59 - Aug 16 by Kieran_Knows

Jesus wept, where to even begin with this post.

Let’s get one thing straight, whilst Bart was a good keeper, he was NOWHERE near as good as what people made him out to be. Good shot stopper? Yes. Everything else about his game was poor.

Walton is streets ahead of him in terms of his aerial ability and claiming crosses and streets ahead of him in terms of his distribution, whether that’s playing out from the back or going long. Oh, and he doesn’t just dive aimlessly on penalties.

We're in League One as one of the biggest spenders/biggest clubs etc. Bart has performed far higher for longer for different clubs and been integral to them overachieving.

You boys are confusing facts with your own bias here. It's apples and oranges. Walton is the best keeper in this league and could be a great one when we go up, but he hasn't done it for us yet and has stepped down here to carve that out for a longer period in the future.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Walton or Bart? on 22:10 - Aug 16 with 283 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Walton or Bart? on 22:00 - Aug 16 by Simonds92

If CW doesnt improve at all and stays at his current level he will playing at a higher level than Bart ever has. He's a better all round keeper. I do think a lot of Championship goalkeepers are much of a muchness and Bart is certainly one of the better ones in the league but I just rate Walton so highly, he is playing 2 divisions below where he could be imo.

He is not currently Premier League quality and if he was, he wouldn't be here.

However, he does have a lot of good qualities and the potential to be a Premier League keeper (which Bart never has been).

In short, I am very happy we have Walton and very optimistic for the future with him. However, he is not yet better than the likes of Bart.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Walton or Bart? on 22:14 - Aug 16 with 276 viewsKieran_Knows

Walton or Bart? on 22:06 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

We signed Walton on August 31st, if a Champ side wanted him to be number 1 then he’d have been there before that but no one had done.

He’s been very good for us, and is one I’ve noted a lot is one who is Champ quality and I’d expect to grow with us - but he’s got to do that before he can be ahead of what Bart did and sone of the comments talking him down on this thread are mad. Walton’s distribution has improved a lot this season alone, he didn’t come here as particularly comfortable ball player

Of course he would have been, but IIRC (and please correct me if I’m wrong), he was on decent money and nobody was willing to go to that? Until we got desperate after our poor start?

Think that’s also unfair on Walton with regards to playing out from the back. He was part of Cooks Wigan side who went up playing that way, as well as then having a decent season in the Championship doing the same.

Bart was a very good keeper, one hell of a shot stopper there is no doubt. But I do think he was talked up here better than what he actually was. Some on here were adamant he was a Prem keeper, and the only (known) offer he had off the back of a couple of decent seasons with us was from Birmingham of all clubs.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024