Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? 18:08 - Aug 20 with 5411 viewsKesgrave_Exile

I've heard him for FGR and Shrewsbury games and he has impressed me.
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 18:17 - Aug 20 with 5316 viewsDJR

His name is Barry Kent and he was described as a lifelong Ipswich fan at the FGR game. Someone on another post said they have used him before and that he used to attend games with him back in the sixties.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 18:30]
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 18:34 - Aug 20 with 5141 viewsabracaDOBRA_

How is it you listen to Brenner and co. On iFollow it’s the new guy. Might sounds like a silly question but didn’t think u could listen to radio Suffolk during the game?
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 18:47 - Aug 20 with 5042 viewsjaykay

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 18:34 - Aug 20 by abracaDOBRA_

How is it you listen to Brenner and co. On iFollow it’s the new guy. Might sounds like a silly question but didn’t think u could listen to radio Suffolk during the game?

if you have the radio on. or you listen to radio suffork on the internet via radio garden etc

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 18:52 - Aug 20 with 5005 viewsTangledupin_Blue

You didn't think we could listen to live commentary during the game?

Yeah... perhaps just a little bit silly...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 18:54 - Aug 20 with 5004 viewsKesgrave_Exile

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 18:47 - Aug 20 by jaykay

if you have the radio on. or you listen to radio suffork on the internet via radio garden etc

Can you actually listen to the commentary via Radio Garden? It absolutely boils my pi$$ that as a TV license holder I can't listen either on the BBC sounds app or via the Alexa.
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 19:14 - Aug 20 with 4901 viewscoolcat

I live in London and have to listen to matches on ifollow audio if I can't make games as you can only get BBC Radio in certain parts of Suffolk.

However, today for the first time I managed to listen to the whole league match commentary on the BBC Sounds App on my laptop. I got it on my phone first. Maybe because the the club has ditched BBC RS for in-house commentary the BBC don't have the same broadcasting limitations as before.
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 20:04 - Aug 20 with 4706 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 18:52 - Aug 20 by Tangledupin_Blue

You didn't think we could listen to live commentary during the game?

Yeah... perhaps just a little bit silly...

Read my post again. I said how do u switch it to get Brenner and mick mills. Today I had some other chap on commentary with nick hayes and couldn’t figure out how to switch it.
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 20:05 - Aug 20 with 4700 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 18:47 - Aug 20 by jaykay

For some reason I always thought they blocked it out for the game. I’ve always bought audio on iFollow as swear it used to be blocked for the 90mins on radio Suffolk?
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 20:06]
Login to get fewer ads

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 20:15 - Aug 20 with 4636 viewsjeera

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 20:05 - Aug 20 by abracaDOBRA_

For some reason I always thought they blocked it out for the game. I’ve always bought audio on iFollow as swear it used to be blocked for the 90mins on radio Suffolk?

What are you like?

Or 'loike' rather.

I have it on low in the background because it's almost a minute ahead of the stream. At least on mine it is!

But on regular radio being in glorious Suffolk of course.

I do not have Radio Garden as yet but shall certainly be looking into it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 20:19 - Aug 20 with 4623 viewsRozz

This is normally the case, but was unblocked today on Sounds. Occasionally they 'forget' to switch it off, but as someone says above, they might have no conflicting license agreements now they're not using RS for iFollow this season.
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 20:22 - Aug 20 with 4594 viewsDJR

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 20:04 - Aug 20 by abracaDOBRA_

Read my post again. I said how do u switch it to get Brenner and mick mills. Today I had some other chap on commentary with nick hayes and couldn’t figure out how to switch it.

If you're listening/watching on i-Follow, you can't switch commentary to Radio Suffolk but you can, for this season, switch to the opposition BBC commentary. That won't be possible next season when Town TV is up and running.
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 20:25 - Aug 20 with 4573 viewsDJR

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 20:19 - Aug 20 by Rozz

This is normally the case, but was unblocked today on Sounds. Occasionally they 'forget' to switch it off, but as someone says above, they might have no conflicting license agreements now they're not using RS for iFollow this season.

That would be great because I prefer Radio Suffolk to the new commentary, which I don't think has any soul.
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 21:13 - Aug 20 with 4432 viewsblueislander

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 20:25 - Aug 20 by DJR

That would be great because I prefer Radio Suffolk to the new commentary, which I don't think has any soul.

The commentary on IFollow has improved , and is just about acceptable, though not a patch on Radio Suffolk. What is embarrassing on IFollow is the co-commentary from our third choice goalkeeper. They really shouldn’t put this lad on. Ian Westlake however was pretty good in the previous two matches.
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 22:06 - Aug 20 with 4255 viewsjaykay

no radio garden has all the radio stations from around the world. just search radion suffolk
on their web page and it not blocked for the games

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 23:19 - Aug 20 with 4105 viewsGrumpy_Old_Man

Listened to the full game on BBC Sounds as I drove back from the west country!
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 08:10 - Aug 21 with 3768 viewsStrimmer

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 20:19 - Aug 20 by Rozz

I think it’s this, a forgetful radio techie forgetting to flick the off button before the game starts because is still ostentatiously says ‘NOT available online’ under the player on the bbc suffolk sounds page

Poll: Was it a punch?

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 08:24 - Aug 21 with 3727 viewstextbackup

The two on iFollow were really good yesterday, don’t know what all the fuss was about.

Miles better than brenner

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 09:30 - Aug 21 with 3633 viewsDJR

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 08:10 - Aug 21 by Strimmer

I think it’s this, a forgetful radio techie forgetting to flick the off button before the game starts because is still ostentatiously says ‘NOT available online’ under the player on the bbc suffolk sounds page

And it's not available on catch-up on BBC Sounds. But that's the second time this has happened (Colchester was the other), so maybe it's a case of deliberate forgetfulness. The thing is that if people can find ways of listening to Radio Suffolk outside Suffolk, it will presumably affect the revenue the club get from the I-follow audio.
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 09:52 - Aug 21 with 3579 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 21:13 - Aug 20 by blueislander

The commentary on IFollow has improved , and is just about acceptable, though not a patch on Radio Suffolk. What is embarrassing on IFollow is the co-commentary from our third choice goalkeeper. They really shouldn’t put this lad on. Ian Westlake however was pretty good in the previous two matches.

I'd rather listen to Frimers than our 3rd choice keeper. I'm sure he's a lovely bloke and a decent keeper, but as a commentator all he really offers is someone to fill the air with some words.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 10:07 - Aug 21 with 3543 viewsDJR

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 09:52 - Aug 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'd rather listen to Frimers than our 3rd choice keeper. I'm sure he's a lovely bloke and a decent keeper, but as a commentator all he really offers is someone to fill the air with some words.

It does suggest they are doing it all on the cheap. Next away game it could be the coach driver!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 10:09]
Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 10:13 - Aug 21 with 3524 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 10:07 - Aug 21 by DJR

It does suggest they are doing it all on the cheap. Next away game it could be the coach driver!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 10:09]

Actually the tea lady or someone from the staff canteen might be fun. They'd have a bit of behind-the-scenes insight you wouldn't normally get. Much more interesting than "To be fair he does that all the time in training to be fair" and "He's a top top player at this level".

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 15:33 - Aug 21 with 3282 viewsDJR

Who's the dude on co-commentary with Brenner? on 22:06 - Aug 20 by jaykay

no radio garden has all the radio stations from around the world. just search radion suffolk
on their web page and it not blocked for the games

As an experiment, I've just tried to listen to BBC Radio Leeds on Radio Garden but it's football commentary is currently blocked for the Leeds v Chelsea game. The same is true of BBC Radio Sussex for the West Ham v Brighton game. But what you say suggests things may be different for League One.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024