Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fan Zone 20:57 - Aug 24 with 1008 viewsBangor31

Am going to the game Saturday and was thinking about popping to the Fan Zone just before the game. A mate said don't bother the bar is a s#!t show.

Anyone else felt this way or is he just being melodramatic?
Fan Zone on 21:08 - Aug 24 with 949 viewsclive_baker

Support a local pub instead I say, if you can. Pubs really rely on football days, they can make or break their week.

Just my tuppence worth but yes, your friend is right about how busy it gets.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Fan Zone on 21:12 - Aug 24 with 932 viewsMullet

Fan Zone on 21:08 - Aug 24 by clive_baker

Support a local pub instead I say, if you can. Pubs really rely on football days, they can make or break their week.

Just my tuppence worth but yes, your friend is right about how busy it gets.

It was hot as balls last time too. Horrible.

I got some lemon slushy thing from the veterans coffee shop, did about 3 laps looking for someone, ended up having to give up and find some shade.

It's a great thing for some fans but I do think the local pub is the one, I was gutted not to fit in a pub trip last time.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Fan Zone on 21:17 - Aug 24 with 898 viewsITFC_Forever

Queues are big, but move fairly quickly given the size…. Especially if you get there reasonably early and buy a couple of beers.

Was better last year, but they’ve taken one of the bars away to make room for the big screen.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Fan Zone on 21:40 - Aug 24 with 821 viewsclive_baker

Fan Zone on 21:12 - Aug 24 by Mullet

It was hot as balls last time too. Horrible.

I got some lemon slushy thing from the veterans coffee shop, did about 3 laps looking for someone, ended up having to give up and find some shade.

It's a great thing for some fans but I do think the local pub is the one, I was gutted not to fit in a pub trip last time.

Yeah I love the pre match pub pint and catching up with people, very much part of a great match day. The club does alright out of me so I would rather have a couple in a nice boozer and spread it out. Generally find the beer and prices are better too, and just much prefer a pub atmosphere really. Even more so when the weather gets less nice, can’t beat a nice pub when it’s cold and rainy.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Fan Zone on 21:49 - Aug 24 with 803 viewsThe_Snake

Fanzone is great, especially if you’ve got kids.

Personally wouldn’t go there on a Saturday as others have said, town centre pubs much more fun and better value for money and service generally better if you’re a guts trying to pack a few beers in.

Having said that, for a Tuesday night pizza/league/fa cup meeting point after work it’s ideal.

Horses for courses.
Fan Zone on 06:15 - Aug 25 with 571 viewsElephantintheRoom

Do you want a pint or ‘a visitor experience’?

Other venues for pints en route to the ground are available

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024