Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vehicle Breakdown Cover 12:05 - Aug 26 with 1059 viewsSkip_Intro

Hi all,
I'm looking to move from the RAC for vehicle breakdown cover as they have become v expensive - does anyone have any recommendations please?
I just want pretty basic cover but with home start too.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Ta
Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 12:06 - Aug 26 with 1053 viewshomer_123

https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 12:09 - Aug 26 with 1025 viewsMJallday

Just renewed my AA. 39 quid for a year

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 12:12 - Aug 26 with 1016 viewsclive_baker

So odd you should say this, I was thinking the same as RAC put mine up to £20 a month. I've never used them but it's sods law I will need to the moment I cancel.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 12:15 - Aug 26 with 1007 viewsjontysnut

Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 12:06 - Aug 26 by homer_123

https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

I'm with auto aid. Had to use it for the first time the other week. Remote car keys stopped working on 5th floor of a multistorey. Local garage turned up within half an our and sorted us out. Money Saving Expert has some comparisons.
Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 12:16 - Aug 26 with 1007 viewshomer_123

Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 12:15 - Aug 26 by jontysnut

I'm with auto aid. Had to use it for the first time the other week. Remote car keys stopped working on 5th floor of a multistorey. Local garage turned up within half an our and sorted us out. Money Saving Expert has some comparisons.

Yep - had to make use a couple of times and they've always been excellent.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 12:18 - Aug 26 with 1002 viewsSkip_Intro

cheers folks that's really helpful! I'll take a look at autoaid now - had never even heard of them tbh!
Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 12:18 - Aug 26 with 1004 viewsbrazil1982

See what notice you have to give to leave, and get breakdown cover included with your next car insurance. Saved me a bit this year.
Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 14:05 - Aug 26 with 906 viewsjontysnut

Also some premium bank accounts offer breakdown. It worked for us when we had annual travel insurance for 2, car breakdown for 2 drivers, phone and gadget cover for us and the kids as a bundle worth more than the monthly charge.
Login to get fewer ads

Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 15:15 - Aug 26 with 859 viewsjeera

I've been using START for the past few years now.

Very reasonable plus free Legal Cover which, although is as much use as the paper it's printed on, is something most of usually buy for around the 25 quid mark alongside our insurance anyway.

On average my breakdown policy has been between £35-£45 for the past 5 years with a free policy worth £25.

In other words my breakdown has been pennies and the cover is fine.

Roadside + relay + home start.

Whoever you choose please double check the cover as it varies. Make sure it gets you home if that's what you want. Otherwise you could be looking at nearest garage and all that.*

https://www.startrescue.co.uk/breakdown-cover?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIurqZgdnk-QIVBbTt

*That reads as patronising and you'll already know all that. Just a friendly reminder!
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 15:29]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 16:33 - Aug 26 with 802 viewsmarkchips

AA cover. They will give you an introductory discount as a new customer. We have claimed for quite a lot of silly breakdowns really and always get good service so have stuck with them. Should get change out of £30 per month.
Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 16:54 - Aug 26 with 786 viewsjeera

Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 16:33 - Aug 26 by markchips

AA cover. They will give you an introductory discount as a new customer. We have claimed for quite a lot of silly breakdowns really and always get good service so have stuck with them. Should get change out of £30 per month.

£30 a month?

Have you read the thread bud?

He wants breakdown cover, not insurance.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 17:56 - Aug 26 with 750 viewsCoastalblue

I suspect this might vary by area, but as somebody who has recovered vehicles for most of the options excluding AA across London for the last 2 years (no more as from today, hooray) my only advice would be do not go with the RAC. They have by far and away the longest wait time out of all those I've worked with, and I'm talking hours more on average not 30 mins or so either.

Anybody in London my reccomendation would be Green Flag, by far the quickest and most efficient service, though as I say, it will vary by area.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Vehicle Breakdown Cover on 17:59 - Aug 26 with 747 viewsronnyd

I use Autonational Rescue, (no, not Thunderbirds). Were very good when i stuffed my last car into a concrete post.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024