Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? 09:07 - Aug 29 with 12319 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Think we’ll all agree it’s not a good look and is a bit embarrassing. Must be quite a while since we’ve had that sort of thing after what in all honesty, is quite a meaningless home game (in terms of opposition and point in the season).

Looks like it’s all barking, no biting plus a few young kids who don’t look like they were at the game but fancied a scrap?

(Also yes…. Appreciate this isn’t “trouble” in the context of days gone by, but just strange to see something like this at PR these days)
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 19:11 - Aug 30 with 1619 viewsbluelagos

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 19:08 - Aug 30 by tractor_lady

What the moronic fans?

My first Whoosh of the season :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 19:36 - Aug 30 with 1557 viewsDJR

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 13:08 - Aug 30 by Sikamikanico

Not the same but I saw the steward in section J of the West Stand get a torrent of abuse midway through the 2nd half.

Why do some people seem to be unable to behave like a normal person at a football match?

There was also a lot of abuse at the stewards in Upper Sir Bobby Robson who were trying to deal with an unruly fan. And few of our fans gave a couple the stewards at MK Dons a lot of grief last season which I thought was appalling. I apologised to them as I left the ground.
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 12:51 - Sep 1 with 1393 viewsBrads

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 09:17 - Aug 29 by DJR

Having got the train a few times last season and this, sadly this sort of behaviour is not uncommon as the away fans and home fans head in the direction of the station. My son said there were some fisticuffs reported on Saturday which I didn't see, and that happened a few times last season. It's all rather pathetic but I do keep an eye out, and don't show my colours, because it only takes one idiot. The stupid thing is that those young Ipswich fans with plenty of bravado would run a mile if real trouble broke out.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 9:21]

Our new ‘fans’ and it’s happening more regularly on that walk back towards the station when they outnumber the opposition. A small group of Northampton fans were standing near Princes Street bridge after the game on Tuesday because they weren’t sure where their coach was parked. Mix of males and females and nearly all OAP’s so not the least bit threatening. Then a few groups of our youth came past and gave them a load of abuse for no reason other than that they saw that they had away colours on. They must have been feeling really brave to give some to a few OAP’s that they outnumbered. Looking forward to them getting dealt with one way or another.
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 12:54 - Sep 1 with 1374 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 12:51 - Sep 1 by Brads

Our new ‘fans’ and it’s happening more regularly on that walk back towards the station when they outnumber the opposition. A small group of Northampton fans were standing near Princes Street bridge after the game on Tuesday because they weren’t sure where their coach was parked. Mix of males and females and nearly all OAP’s so not the least bit threatening. Then a few groups of our youth came past and gave them a load of abuse for no reason other than that they saw that they had away colours on. They must have been feeling really brave to give some to a few OAP’s that they outnumbered. Looking forward to them getting dealt with one way or another.

Lack of police resource, social unrest etc....
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 14:26 - Sep 1 with 1260 viewsStu_Magoo

Imagine wanting to punch someone just because they support a different football team to you? Never made any sense to me.
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 15:06 - Sep 1 with 1186 viewsnoggin

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 12:51 - Sep 1 by Brads

We'll see if they're so brave next season when Millwall come to town.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 15:14 - Sep 1 with 1151 viewsBrads

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 15:06 - Sep 1 by noggin

We'll see if they're so brave next season when Millwall come to town.

Or anyone with a half decent following this season. Sheff Weds etc.
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 15:15 - Sep 1 with 1145 viewsunbelievablue

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 15:14 - Sep 1 by Brads

Or anyone with a half decent following this season. Sheff Weds etc.

Presumably Pompey, Wednesday will actually be policed.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Login to get fewer ads

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 15:28 - Sep 1 with 1122 viewsjeera

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 12:54 - Sep 1 by PrideOfTheEast

Lack of police resource, social unrest etc....

Lack of brain cells.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 17:01 - Sep 1 with 1049 viewsBrads

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 15:15 - Sep 1 by unbelievablue

Presumably Pompey, Wednesday will actually be policed.

Yeah true. There’ll be other opportunities though because the club are reluctant to pay for extra resourcing despite what Ashton says about fan experience etc. The Colchester game was a predictable one as an example, didn’t want cops in the ground though.
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 20:49 - Sep 1 with 914 viewsTerra_Farma

Morons.

Once they get a slap from away fans who are that way inclined, they will soon settle themselves down.
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 09:49 - Sep 2 with 742 viewsunbelievablue

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 17:01 - Sep 1 by Brads

Yeah true. There’ll be other opportunities though because the club are reluctant to pay for extra resourcing despite what Ashton says about fan experience etc. The Colchester game was a predictable one as an example, didn’t want cops in the ground though.

Cambridge will be a flashpoint if the police/club decide it isn't worth policing.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 18:22 - Sep 2 with 623 viewsDJR

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 10:22 - Aug 29 by StochesStotasBlewe

Yep.
Had a nice chinwag with a handful of Barnsley fans on the walk back to Burrel Road car park and we all came to the conclusion that the Harness ‘goal’ should have stood, the play off final and the match in general. Wished them a safe journey home and went our separate ways.
Had my swear and cuss during the game.
How it should be.

I commented earlier on this thread because I walked to the station after the game. I have since come out to a small town south of Alicante in Spain, and visited a legal firm today to sort a family matter out. Coincidentally, I got chatting there to a couple from Barnsley who are season ticket holders. We had a great chat. They don't think they'll do well this season, and bemoaned their fate as a small club, although apparently their owner is very wealthy. On parting, I wished them all the best, and said I hoped Barnsley get promoted along with us.

As you say, how it should be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024