Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? 09:07 - Aug 29 with 12318 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Think we’ll all agree it’s not a good look and is a bit embarrassing. Must be quite a while since we’ve had that sort of thing after what in all honesty, is quite a meaningless home game (in terms of opposition and point in the season).

Looks like it’s all barking, no biting plus a few young kids who don’t look like they were at the game but fancied a scrap?

(Also yes…. Appreciate this isn’t “trouble” in the context of days gone by, but just strange to see something like this at PR these days)
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 13:55 - Aug 29 with 3330 viewsIllinoisblue

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 12:13 - Aug 29 by StevieH

Silly boys trying to be football factory geezers. Pompey will give them a good slap in a few weeks time. That’ll shut them up.

Cambridge at home before that. Will be a difficult test.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 14:08 - Aug 29 with 3280 viewsIllinoisblue

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 12:50 - Aug 29 by eastangliaisblue

Unfortunately I see a bit of the trouble outside the ground. Punches thrown by both sides, mostly fat old men on the Barnsley side who quite frankly should know better. Not that I'm excusing our fans who were acting like morons.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 13:00]

That video of the Ipswich fan getting punched by the fat Barnsley fan was quite something. Heck of a blow to the head but he didn’t go down.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 14:27 - Aug 29 with 3226 viewsjeera

Embarrassing goading the lone copper and abusing him like that.

No class at all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 15:51 - Aug 29 with 3079 viewslazyblue

Why are they crying about a copper just trying to do his job.
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 18:27 - Aug 29 with 2910 views44_not_out

Can we just clarify one thing…. We’ve never been champions of Europe. That requires winning the old European Cup or the Champions league. We did win the UEFA Cup but to be clear, back then it was seen as the third most important of the European trophies. The winners of the Cup winners Cup played the winners of the European Cup in the Super Cup at the start of the next season back then.

Please stop singing it, it’s very cringe
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 19:18 - Aug 29 with 2802 viewsGeoffSentence

One of them looks like the chap who was thrown out the SARL after 10 minutes. Was giving it large to the Barnsley fans and was dragged out after trying to climb over a wall to get to them.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 20:01 - Aug 29 with 2704 viewsZXBlue

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 18:27 - Aug 29 by 44_not_out

Can we just clarify one thing…. We’ve never been champions of Europe. That requires winning the old European Cup or the Champions league. We did win the UEFA Cup but to be clear, back then it was seen as the third most important of the European trophies. The winners of the Cup winners Cup played the winners of the European Cup in the Super Cup at the start of the next season back then.

Uefa > Cup winners.
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 20:10 - Aug 29 with 2689 viewsLRB84UK

The 'gentleman" in the video had been removed from the bottom of churchmans after 7 minutes. In those 7 minutes he did not watch any if the game. Him and his friends were on their feet, winding up the away fans, shouting and swearing. They were not there to watch the game at all, they were there to cause trouble at a game where trouble wasn't even necessary, not that it's ever necessary. They're new to the bottom of churchmans and seem to be there just to cause trouble.
Login to get fewer ads

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 20:19 - Aug 29 with 2650 viewsDJR

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 18:27 - Aug 29 by 44_not_out

It's also a bit of a dirge, a bit like some of our other more recent songs. You're right about how the UEFA Cup was regarded, but I always thought it was more difficult to win because it had two or three teams from the top leagues, whereas the European Cup had only one team from those leagues, as well as a lot of no-hopers. And it was often the case that the previous season's league winner did not do as well the next season.
He's not new.... on 20:21 - Aug 29 with 2647 viewsBloots

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 20:10 - Aug 29 by LRB84UK

The 'gentleman" in the video had been removed from the bottom of churchmans after 7 minutes. In those 7 minutes he did not watch any if the game. Him and his friends were on their feet, winding up the away fans, shouting and swearing. They were not there to watch the game at all, they were there to cause trouble at a game where trouble wasn't even necessary, not that it's ever necessary. They're new to the bottom of churchmans and seem to be there just to cause trouble.

....he gets thrown out about 4 times a season.

Last year he got thrown out while he had his kid with him.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 20:49 - Aug 29 with 2584 viewsmjw_1983

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 09:17 - Aug 29 by DJR

Having got the train a few times last season and this, sadly this sort of behaviour is not uncommon as the away fans and home fans head in the direction of the station. My son said there were some fisticuffs reported on Saturday which I didn't see, and that happened a few times last season. It's all rather pathetic but I do keep an eye out, and don't show my colours, because it only takes one idiot. The stupid thing is that those young Ipswich fans with plenty of bravado would run a mile if real trouble broke out.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 9:21]

There’s a video showing a fight; reportedly between Ipswich and Barnsley but you can’t see any badges in the video to confirm its either, early on someone walks past in a blue football shirt but too brief to confirm if it’s itfc
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 20:56 - Aug 29 with 2555 viewsbrogansnose

Keep on cringing then.
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 21:01 - Aug 29 with 2543 viewsTheBoyBlue

Without going into the merits of the song, it is simply a chant, a lot like us being the "finest football team, the world has ever seen", which also isn't true. We get moaned at for singing about Norwich, moaned at for having a go at the opposition and now moaned at for bigging the team up. It seems people won't be happy unless we're silent or singing from a select songsheet that suits certain people. It's football, a release, an escape from real life and whilst I don't agree with fighting and some of the disgusting stuff that does get chanted, I wish people would just let us all enjoy it instead of insisting that everything they don't agree with is stopped.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 21:51 - Aug 29 with 2404 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 10:49 - Aug 29 by balcombeblue

Been a friend off the Bobby since our school days. He’s a thoroughly decent guy. It’s astonishing the abuse people can throw at those looking to protect people.

Was a few verbals and the odd punch thrown between that Ipswich lot in the video and some MK Dons/Bolton fans (can’t remember which game in all honesty). Right before it started one of the Town fans kept jumping in front of the opposition and getting in their face. Generally just being a nuisance. Your mate the copper grabbed him, pushed him away and shouted at him to walk away because ‘you’re acting like a massive knobhead’. Which he was. Shut the young lad up almost immediately. Just unfortunate that seconds later it went off with the MK/Bolton group from someone else and that group ran straight back over to get involved. ‘Twas good policing though I thought. We’ve got an element of youths on that walk back to the station looking for trouble every week now. It’s just all abit unnecessary

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

He's not new.... on 22:05 - Aug 29 with 2388 viewsLRB84UK

He's not new.... on 20:21 - Aug 29 by Bloots

....he gets thrown out about 4 times a season.

Last year he got thrown out while he had his kid with him.

No, you're right, thinking about it there's very often issues in that same area, I just hadn't noticed it for a while so had forgotten. It's often empty-ish in that area but this season theres been more fans there, I just hadn't connected it all.

I suppose the next question is how often does someone have to be removed during a game before they are actually banned?
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 09:11 - Aug 30 with 2035 viewsRadlett_blue

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 09:40 - Aug 29 by ITFC_Forever

That walk from PR up to the station after the game has become a shambles since football resumed after lockdown.

Right. And can we now hope never again to see someone post that "the away fans should be moved nearer to the North Stand to improve the atmosphere"?
It's obvious that the walk from the ground to the station is a potential flashpoint & the need for mingling to be reduced, not increased, is clear.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 09:23 - Aug 30 with 1997 viewsMatt_Netherlands

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 15:51 - Aug 29 by lazyblue

Why are they crying about a copper just trying to do his job.

The irony of a bunch of 15 year olds who have never paid a penny of tax in their life, singing “we paid for your hat”
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 09:43 - Aug 30 with 1944 viewsCityBlue

Well having walked that way for both Bolton and WHUFC games there was no trouble but this week I noticed a number of Ipswich "hard men/boys" stood opposite the away turnstiles making a concerted effort to single out a couple of Barnsley fans that had obviously been provoking each other. Seems there has been an influx of unwanted thugs sitting in the SAR upper now.

T#@ts

I T I D

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 10:07 - Aug 30 with 1859 viewsSteve_M

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 11:50 - Aug 29 by RedWhiteAndBLUE

The bloke in the light blue top at the beginning of the video was kicked out of the SAR stand on 7 minutes. He gets removed from the ground quite often from what I've seen; this was a new record!

Given this, as backed up elsewhere on this thread, then something of a surprise he is still allowed to attend regularly.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 12:37 - Aug 30 with 1697 viewstractor_lady

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 13:08 - Aug 29 by Parky

Not condoning any of what we see in the video, but there was a chap on Twitter claiming that a Barnsley fan randomly sucker punched him, as he walked with his elderly family member back towards the station. (I can’t find the tweet now, typically).

Without trying to sound all masculine, if I saw any person being randomly sucker punched, I wouldn’t just walk on by. From the tweets, he claimed it was the rough looking fella in the green t-shirt, from the video.

But it was the police that took the brunt of this not a random fan…. They were being total Morons end of story.
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 12:58 - Aug 30 with 1617 viewsMatt_Netherlands

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 20:49 - Aug 29 by mjw_1983

There’s a video showing a fight; reportedly between Ipswich and Barnsley but you can’t see any badges in the video to confirm its either, early on someone walks past in a blue football shirt but too brief to confirm if it’s itfc

Having just seen the video… they appear to be fully grown men fighting which is embarrassing.

A guy takes two big hits directly to the face and stands upright which is quite remarkable. Again, can’t really tell who is who but it looks like it’s just outside the ground.

It’s on Twitter so assume there’s no danger with it being posted here, but will remove if needed.

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 13:08 - Aug 30 with 1590 viewsSikamikanico

Not the same but I saw the steward in section J of the West Stand get a torrent of abuse midway through the 2nd half.

Why do some people seem to be unable to behave like a normal person at a football match?
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 14:09 - Aug 30 with 1508 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 10:07 - Aug 30 by Steve_M

Given this, as backed up elsewhere on this thread, then something of a surprise he is still allowed to attend regularly.

I think he was banned for years; we used to sit almost directly in front of him and asked for a move as my daughter (who was much younger at the time) used to get upset by his behaviour.

In those days his 'gang' used to fight each other at times too. Not a nice thing for an 12 year old to be around.
What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 14:19 - Aug 30 with 1483 viewsbluelagos

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 12:37 - Aug 30 by tractor_lady

But it was the police that took the brunt of this not a random fan…. They were being total Morons end of story.

Bit harsh - from what I saw they were trying to keep thing peaceful.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 19:08 - Aug 30 with 1259 viewstractor_lady

What was the ‘Trouble’ after the game all about? on 14:19 - Aug 30 by bluelagos

Bit harsh - from what I saw they were trying to keep thing peaceful.

What the moronic fans?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024