By continuing to use the site, you agree to our use of cookies and to abide by our Terms and Conditions. We in turn value your personal details in accordance with our Privacy Policy.
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
When did lose become loose? (n/t) on 13:41 - Jan 13 by TheMover
Around the same time that our became are and bought became brought.
Social media has a lot to answer for.
I don't think it has anything to do with social media. Poor spelling and grammar has been in place for a long time. In fact it is probably partly due to the formation of common rules around it as before that people spelt as they chose and it was accepted! Which is quite a difficult admission for someone who is quite particular about it!
When did lose become loose? (n/t) on 14:34 - Jan 13 by Nthsuffolkblue
I don't think it has anything to do with social media. Poor spelling and grammar has been in place for a long time. In fact it is probably partly due to the formation of common rules around it as before that people spelt as they chose and it was accepted! Which is quite a difficult admission for someone who is quite particular about it!
Ultimately, a lot of people just aren't particularly bright.
Yes, this is another one I hate.. mainly down to the wonderful eloquent pieces I see written and then that jumps out destroying all my respect for what I’ve read .. it’s akin to a fat bloke being in charge of a gym.
I do wonder if a lot of the time it’s predictive text on people’s phones and just not noticing what its done… I know that barsteward often catches me out.
When did lose become loose? (n/t) on 16:50 - Jan 13 by Perublue
Yes, this is another one I hate.. mainly down to the wonderful eloquent pieces I see written and then that jumps out destroying all my respect for what I’ve read .. it’s akin to a fat bloke being in charge of a gym.
I do wonder if a lot of the time it’s predictive text on people’s phones and just not noticing what its done… I know that barsteward often catches me out.
[Post edited 13 Jan 16:51]
What did you have to edit? I'm amusingly intrigued...
When did lose become loose? (n/t) on 16:56 - Jan 13 by hoppy
What did you have to edit? I'm amusingly intrigued...
Hahahaha … exactly re. Predictive text … there were two … fat bloke … came out as fat blood (possibly racist sounding to some as well as being wrong) and the other was “destroying all my respect for.. what I’ve read“ somehow came as ..what I’ve written ?!!?