Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week 15:58 - Sep 3 with 2073 viewsDeepBlueSea

I know there's the family section, and I may well go there for the first time, but can anyone suggest a 'better' (subjective, I know) space for a child to watch the match from within PR?

Goes without saying that I want his first experience of watching us play to be the best thing he has ever experienced, and become totally addicted. So i don't mind buying the more expensive seats this time (if they have better views, facilities etc). Any advice from someone who has done similar would be appreciated!

Does anything different actually happen in the family area pre and post match?
I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 16:04 - Sep 3 with 2031 viewsSitfcB

Magnus Upper is great for the view, just not towards the back, this is where I sit when I take my five year old and he always says that’s where he wants to sit.

Magnus Lower to be close to the action.

No nothing happens, you have access to the fanzone anyway, you can sign him up for the first time fan initiative, meets Bluey pre game and gets a certificate.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 16:33 - Sep 3 with 1946 viewsyesjohn99

I took my then 5 year old son to 5-6 home games towards the end of last season. Tried a few spots and his fav is North stand Upper. He took to it so well we’re season ticket holders up there now (he is now 6).

Good atmosphere up there too. He is completely in love with going.
I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 17:27 - Sep 3 with 1838 viewsDeepBlueSea

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 16:04 - Sep 3 by SitfcB

Magnus Upper is great for the view, just not towards the back, this is where I sit when I take my five year old and he always says that’s where he wants to sit.

Magnus Lower to be close to the action.

No nothing happens, you have access to the fanzone anyway, you can sign him up for the first time fan initiative, meets Bluey pre game and gets a certificate.

Thanks very much man. There was only one pair of adjacent seats in the entire family area, which is great news in general, there must be tons of kids at every match. They were quite low down so I went for ones in the Magnus Upper, about half way up that section of stand but quite close to the North for a bit of noise. I was very pleased to pick up his ticket for just £3, what a bargain!
I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 17:32 - Sep 3 with 1815 viewsDeepBlueSea

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 16:33 - Sep 3 by yesjohn99

I took my then 5 year old son to 5-6 home games towards the end of last season. Tried a few spots and his fav is North stand Upper. He took to it so well we’re season ticket holders up there now (he is now 6).

Good atmosphere up there too. He is completely in love with going.

Excellent. I have no idea how mine will react, it's not like he knows the players' names or half the rules, but he seems well up for it, and i would love him to grow up a Town fan, especially as he is at school way closer to Nodge than Ipswich. Cheers for the input.
I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 18:04 - Sep 3 with 1744 viewsSouperJim

Just don't go in the family section lower Cobbold. Awful view, cramped seats, ancient stand.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 18:44 - Sep 3 with 1674 viewsDeepBlueSea

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 18:04 - Sep 3 by SouperJim

Just don't go in the family section lower Cobbold. Awful view, cramped seats, ancient stand.

Thanks, I haven'r. In my mind that was the only family section of the stadium, it was only another poster on this thread who informed me of other areas. I've gone for the upper pioneer, with a decent view from memory. The cobbold is truly awful, i just don't know how we'd go about replacing it.
I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 18:45 - Sep 3 with 1662 viewsDanny_G

When I first took my nephew at the same age, we went in the front row of Cobbold block A. Loads of legroom on the front row and close enough to block 6 of the North that the atmosphere is pretty good.
I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 19:07 - Sep 3 with 1624 viewsEssexBloo

Hope you have a great day! I’m hoping to take my boy for his first game towards the end of the season. If you are taking a train I would suggest you grab a McDonald’s or something after the game and get a later train as the atmosphere at the train station recently has been a problem and something I’m worried about taking my boy for his first game. Would love to hear how it goes!
Login to get fewer ads

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 19:19 - Sep 3 with 1596 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I would say Cobbold (upper)....better view of both ends and near to our more vocal fans without too many F bombs.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2022 19:20]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 21:56 - Sep 3 with 1434 viewsDeepBlueSea

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 19:07 - Sep 3 by EssexBloo

Hope you have a great day! I’m hoping to take my boy for his first game towards the end of the season. If you are taking a train I would suggest you grab a McDonald’s or something after the game and get a later train as the atmosphere at the train station recently has been a problem and something I’m worried about taking my boy for his first game. Would love to hear how it goes!

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn’t realised there had been issues at the station. Gah, that’s something I hadn’t really considered, I don’t mind putting myself into that kind of situation, I’m sure as hell not going to take my son into it.
I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 22:25 - Sep 3 with 1385 viewsKungfuBlue

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 21:56 - Sep 3 by DeepBlueSea

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn’t realised there had been issues at the station. Gah, that’s something I hadn’t really considered, I don’t mind putting myself into that kind of situation, I’m sure as hell not going to take my son into it.

I travel by train with my young lad to every home game. Aside from the odd bit of noise and posturing I’d say it’s not something you should be overly concerned about. There’s always the odd one of course but last season the only time I had any real cause to move away from anything at the station was home to Portsmouth but again that was mainly noise and bravado.
I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 04:16 - Sep 4 with 1246 viewspowinswitch

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 22:25 - Sep 3 by KungfuBlue

I travel by train with my young lad to every home game. Aside from the odd bit of noise and posturing I’d say it’s not something you should be overly concerned about. There’s always the odd one of course but last season the only time I had any real cause to move away from anything at the station was home to Portsmouth but again that was mainly noise and bravado.

It’s Cambridge which I think brings a greater risk of something happening at the station next week. I’d take my 5 year old for that McDonalds and get the later train
I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 04:32 - Sep 4 with 1237 viewsLord_Lucan

It’s your decision and everyone has different opinions

But I’ll say one thing - when
I took RKD to his first match (I think if was Gillingham circa 1996) I wax so happy that his eyes lit up when he walked into the stadium as I think it was quite a big thing -

Well it was quite the big thing for me anyway - looking at his face when he sow the lights of an evening game and all the hoo ha that goes with it. He might have forgotten by now but I sto remember it - plain as day.

I think the next game was Chelsea she Stockwell was marking Ruud guilt (sp) and I believe at the time RKD was at the time good friend s with Stockys boy - but I’m not quite sure what I’m going on about to be perfectly honest.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 11:14 - Sep 8 with 922 viewsEdmundo

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 19:07 - Sep 3 by EssexBloo

No trains Cambridge to Bury this wee, so I assume very few away fans

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 11:30 - Sep 8 with 855 viewsclive_baker

Love this thread, and hope the lad has a great time at the game.

I've deemed mine too young so far, i'll wait a couple of years until the eldest is 5 before she goes along. I must say she's shown little or no interest in football so far but we'll be Premier League by then of course...

Interested to know when people think is a reasonable age to first go to a game?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 11:31 - Sep 8 with 852 viewsclive_baker

I'm taking my 5yr old to his first football match (Cambridge at home) next week on 11:14 - Sep 8 by Edmundo

No trains Cambridge to Bury this wee, so I assume very few away fans

Think they're bringing a lot, and we've sold a lot, so I guess the roads will be busy if people can't get there from Bury by train.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024