Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards though ... 17:21 - Nov 12 with 1857 viewsDarth_Koont

His cameo deserved to win TWO games.

Pronouns: He/Him

Edwards though ... on 17:23 - Nov 12 with 1837 viewsWestcountryblue

Absolutely amazed he's not starting at the moment in league games. Baffling...
Edwards though ... on 17:23 - Nov 12 with 1836 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Yup, brilliant player at this level and it's noticeable how much his passing and crossing has improved over the last year.
Edwards though ... on 17:25 - Nov 12 with 1803 viewsTalkingBlues

Yep, has bags of energy, makes running round players look easy and put in a couple of fantastic balls, but as per usual, nobody is there to make the tap-in. How he doesn't make the starting 11 currently is a mystery.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Edwards though ... on 17:30 - Nov 12 with 1754 viewsFrimleyBlue

Should be starting in Harnesses position working with Davis imo.

Give him a run of consecutive games.
Then pick one of harness or Chaplin and give them a run of games.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Edwards though ... on 17:42 - Nov 12 with 1679 viewsLeoMuff

How is he not starting the home games when we need to break down a defence, he is the only player who can beat 1 or 2 with skill, criminal Harness or Chaplin starting ahead really even though I like them both, Edwards is quality and we could have done with him from the start.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Edwards though ... on 11:29 - Nov 13 with 1438 viewsDarth_Koont

Edwards though ... on 17:23 - Nov 12 by Westcountryblue

Absolutely amazed he's not starting at the moment in league games. Baffling...

Not sure it’s been quite as simple because Harness and Chaplin do an important job of stretching and tiring the defence. And Edwards from the start hasn’t really worked better.

However that performance stood out. The quality of the crossing went up a couple of divisions but the Cheltenham players clearly couldn’t deal with him – they visibly panicked whenever he got the ball.

Might also have something to do with how our left side now looks as good and as dangerous as the right. With Humphreys drifting out there to link up with Davis and Harness/Edwards ahead, we are finally getting the same joy (perhaps even more joy currently) out of the left and the same platform to attack that Donacien/Chaplin/Burns have long been providing on the right.

But I think Edwards made the case for himself yesterday. Question for me is whether it’s actually Chaplin who makes way for Edwards, as I thought Harness was one of our better players yesterday and looked to be back to his early season effectiveness.

Pronouns: He/Him

Edwards though ... on 17:04 - Nov 13 with 1272 viewsclive_baker

Shame he wasn’t on 70 minutes earlier.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Edwards though ... on 17:37 - Nov 13 with 1210 viewslordsambuca

Completely agree.

It is hard to understand why he does not start home games at least as he offers something different, although credit to the coaches as his all- round game is much improved from last season - passing, crossing and decision-making. In the context of both some recent results, Chaplin's most recent contributions and to a lesser extent Harness.

Apart from that he is just fantastic to watch!
Login to get fewer ads

Edwards though ... on 17:51 - Nov 13 with 1179 viewsSheffordBlue

I think he's sometimes kept 'in the locker' to unlock teams later on when they are tiring. Given the number of chances we created (but didn't score) yesterday I don't think there was much wrong with the team selection. If we'd struggled to create anything I can understand people being annoyed that he didn't start

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Edwards though ... on 19:07 - Nov 13 with 1090 viewsfarkenhell

Edwards though ... on 17:25 - Nov 12 by TalkingBlues

Yep, has bags of energy, makes running round players look easy and put in a couple of fantastic balls, but as per usual, nobody is there to make the tap-in. How he doesn't make the starting 11 currently is a mystery.

The cross he put in right at the end was sublime. Just needed someone with the right anticipation to tap in.
Edwards though ... on 20:07 - Nov 13 with 1012 viewsVegtablue

Hear, hear and must be more than cameos going forward surely!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024