Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National league crowds 17:36 - Nov 19 with 1863 viewsSharkey

16 and a half thousand at Notts Co, 10,000 at Wrexham, 7,000 at Chesterfield, - but I'm also very impressed by Southend taking 750 to Gateshead.
National league crowds on 19:02 - Nov 19 with 1688 viewsallezlesbleus

Support, on the whole, throughout the English leagues is incredible. A lot of French League 2 matches (Championship equivalent) struggle to get above 5,000. English prices are normally more expensive too.
National league crowds on 21:04 - Nov 19 with 1517 viewsGeoffSentence

National league crowds on 19:02 - Nov 19 by allezlesbleus

Support, on the whole, throughout the English leagues is incredible. A lot of French League 2 matches (Championship equivalent) struggle to get above 5,000. English prices are normally more expensive too.

While we are going out en masse to third, fourth and fifth tier games, those soft frenchies are stuffling their faces with quality food, supping on fine wines and getting stuck into a cinq á sept.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 21:04]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

National league crowds on 21:20 - Nov 19 with 1454 viewsthatbdude

The French Ligue 1 also struggles to get to full capacity most games. AS Monaco's average is 6'000

Poll: Who going down?

National league crowds on 21:24 - Nov 19 with 1423 viewsTrumptonBlue

National league crowds on 21:20 - Nov 19 by thatbdude

The French Ligue 1 also struggles to get to full capacity most games. AS Monaco's average is 6'000

Or in other words, about 15% of the whole country goes to watch them.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2022 21:25]
National league crowds on 21:34 - Nov 19 with 1362 viewsxrayspecs

They are big clubs for their level, similar to us in Div 3, great to see.

The figures may be boosted by Prem/Champ fans having no domestic games this weekend, but excellent nonetheless.
National league crowds on 21:52 - Nov 19 with 1309 viewsBarcaBlue

If we were playing in Spain we would be amongst the top ten best supported clubs in La Liga. Wrexham etc. would make the top twenty.
National league crowds on 22:26 - Nov 19 with 1248 viewsse20blue

From the BBC report
Meadow Lane was packed with 16,511 supporters, taking advantage of vastly discounted ticket prices, however all but the 452 travelling fans were left frustrated as a superb defensive display from the Glovers ensured a draw, allowing Wrexham to go top courtesy of their 2-0 win over Aldershot.
National league crowds on 10:50 - Nov 20 with 874 viewsSharkey

National league crowds on 22:26 - Nov 19 by se20blue

From the BBC report
Meadow Lane was packed with 16,511 supporters, taking advantage of vastly discounted ticket prices, however all but the 452 travelling fans were left frustrated as a superb defensive display from the Glovers ensured a draw, allowing Wrexham to go top courtesy of their 2-0 win over Aldershot.

"All but the 452 travelling fans were left frustrated". I doubt the BBC is right in thinking there were over 16000 Notts Co fans there, as I'm sure there would have been quite a few neutrals, including a lot of students who support other clubs. (Don't know if I'm unusual, but my instinct as a neutral is usually to side with the away team.)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024