Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not good enough 17:04 - Dec 17 with 1518 viewsWeirdFishes

To have that much possession and offer such little in front of goal.

Only team that stops us going up is ourselves.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Not good enough on 17:10 - Dec 17 with 1468 viewsScuzzer

Really do need a top striker who is going to get into the right areas and can then put them away.

Established 1968

Not good enough on 17:11 - Dec 17 with 1445 viewsclive_baker

Not good enough on 17:10 - Dec 17 by Scuzzer

Really do need a top striker who is going to get into the right areas and can then put them away.

Put what away? We didn’t create much and our final ball was more often than not pretty poor.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Not good enough on 17:17 - Dec 17 with 1419 viewsnorfsufblue

Not good enough on 17:11 - Dec 17 by clive_baker

Put what away? We didn’t create much and our final ball was more often than not pretty poor.

There was one great low cross to the near post , cleared easily because no one makes it there job to get there first..... we really need a poacher or play Chaplin right up top sniffing that type of opening!
Not good enough on 17:18 - Dec 17 with 1412 viewsIllinoisblue

Our crossing was abysmal. Davis had his worst game for us and Burns wasn’t much better.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not good enough on 17:21 - Dec 17 with 1388 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This is partly mitigated by the defensive ambitions of the opposition but our main problem too often this season is converting our pressure into good chances and ultimately goals - which is also strange considering we have scored a lot of them despite this. Get it right and we will be promoted.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Not good enough on 17:23 - Dec 17 with 1367 viewspointofblue

Not good enough on 17:21 - Dec 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

This is partly mitigated by the defensive ambitions of the opposition but our main problem too often this season is converting our pressure into good chances and ultimately goals - which is also strange considering we have scored a lot of them despite this. Get it right and we will be promoted.

We're one game from the halfway point and haven't fixed this issue so far. Feels like we're not going to manage it via coaching so will have to bring someone in to do the job.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not good enough on 17:23 - Dec 17 with 1370 viewsclive_baker

Not good enough on 17:17 - Dec 17 by norfsufblue

There was one great low cross to the near post , cleared easily because no one makes it there job to get there first..... we really need a poacher or play Chaplin right up top sniffing that type of opening!

There was one in the 2nd half and it would be nice to see a forward getting to the front post but I thought those chances were few and far between really, for the most part our crossing and final ball was poor. I don’t think KVY created Burns enough space and when WB did get in good areas I thought his delivery was poor. Thought Jackson struggled on the left too. Not a great day at the office, a lot of the ball but a little leggy and ponderous. Still, on to the next one.

Not good enough on 17:24 - Dec 17 with 1362 viewsLankHenners

Not good enough on 17:18 - Dec 17 by Illinoisblue

Our crossing was abysmal. Davis had his worst game for us and Burns wasn’t much better.

A couple from Burns really annoyed me - the one in the first half when Keogh played him in and he had so much time and space to find the right pass but hit a rubbish low cross that was easy to clear, and then right at the end when he beat his man and we had the box packed but he hit a tame effort for an easy save.

Poor decision making and quality on the deliveries all game. Rarely seemed to have enough people in the box either for some reason so everything was quite comfortable for Wycombe to deal with. Never forced them into making last ditch blocks or tackles to the same extent we did against Lincoln and Cheltenham where the games had a similar pattern.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Not good enough on 17:26 - Dec 17 with 1323 viewsbobbyramsey

Not good enough on 17:17 - Dec 17 by norfsufblue

Our crosses and pull-backs into their box are neither, they are just passes to the opposition defenders.
Not good enough on 17:26 - Dec 17 with 1320 viewsRadioOrwell

No. What top strikers do is get into areas where they can score.
We haven't got top strikers.

Also Chaplin - first half - on a plate.
Plus several crosses that were cleared at the front post where a good forward would be.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 17:29]
Not good enough on 17:28 - Dec 17 with 1287 viewsjas0999

Need a striker.
Not good enough on 17:30 - Dec 17 with 1252 viewsIllinoisblue

Not good enough on 17:24 - Dec 17 by LankHenners

A couple from Burns really annoyed me - the one in the first half when Keogh played him in and he had so much time and space to find the right pass but hit a rubbish low cross that was easy to clear, and then right at the end when he beat his man and we had the box packed but he hit a tame effort for an easy save.

Poor decision making and quality on the deliveries all game. Rarely seemed to have enough people in the box either for some reason so everything was quite comfortable for Wycombe to deal with. Never forced them into making last ditch blocks or tackles to the same extent we did against Lincoln and Cheltenham where the games had a similar pattern.

Yes that one in the first half really annoyed me. Didn’t get it into the middle of the box and think he also had Humphreys running who he could have pulled it back to. Ended up doing neither. He had a couple of crossing chances at the end, both poor. He was 8/10 most games last year. He’s 6/10 at most this season.

62 - 78 - 81

Not good enough on 17:31 - Dec 17 with 1225 viewsRadioOrwell

Not good enough on 17:26 - Dec 17 by bobbyramsey

Our crosses and pull-backs into their box are neither, they are just passes to the opposition defenders.

Which is exactly where a good forward would be. But we don't have a good forward.
Not good enough on 17:34 - Dec 17 with 1160 viewsRyorry

Not good enough on 17:31 - Dec 17 by RadioOrwell

Which is exactly where a good forward would be. But we don't have a good forward.

Yep. Said on other thread we're missing a fox-in-the-box natural born poacher.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Not good enough on 17:36 - Dec 17 with 1127 viewsChurchman

Not good enough on 17:26 - Dec 17 by RadioOrwell

Plus several crosses that were cleared at the front post where a good forward would be.

Top forwards move defenders around; get them into places they don’t want to be. When you look back at say Marcus Stewart, he had zero pace. However he pulled defenders all over the place. Nightmare, because not only could he score, he created chances for others. Kuqi and Bent did it too.
Not good enough on 17:36 - Dec 17 with 1124 viewsIllinoisblue

Not good enough on 17:23 - Dec 17 by clive_baker

There was one in the 2nd half and it would be nice to see a forward getting to the front post but I thought those chances were few and far between really, for the most part our crossing and final ball was poor. I don’t think KVY created Burns enough space and when WB did get in good areas I thought his delivery was poor. Thought Jackson struggled on the left too. Not a great day at the office, a lot of the ball but a little leggy and ponderous. Still, on to the next one.

Agree we looked leggy and not quite at it. But how come the likes of Fleetwood and Wycombe, on a fraction of our budget and no TB12 sports science quackery to help them, can run all day and don’t look leggy?

Morsy first half was sensational but he needs help all over the pitch

62 - 78 - 81

Not good enough on 17:37 - Dec 17 with 1103 viewsStewart27

I knew I’d log on to this lazy tosh.

We’re top scorers in the league. Today was a 0-0 all day long.

However, we have this amazing ability to allow teams to score. I would say it was their only chance of the game, but it wasn’t even a chance.

It’s not about this mysterious number 9.
Not good enough on 17:38 - Dec 17 with 1078 viewspointofblue

Not good enough on 17:36 - Dec 17 by Illinoisblue

Agree we looked leggy and not quite at it. But how come the likes of Fleetwood and Wycombe, on a fraction of our budget and no TB12 sports science quackery to help them, can run all day and don’t look leggy?

Morsy first half was sensational but he needs help all over the pitch

That's what bugs me. They can't rotate like we have been able to for the most part yet looked much fresher than us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Not good enough on 19:59 - Dec 17 with 793 viewsclive_baker

Not good enough on 17:26 - Dec 17 by RadioOrwell

I don’t think that’s fair on Ladapo today tbh, I thought his movement today was really good. There were a couple of half chances he could’ve done better with where he didn’t test the keeper but by and large I don’t think we gave him enough ammo. I don’t disagree that it would be good to have some more fire power up front but whoever leads the line we need to get good service into them and we didn’t do that today.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024