Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ads on Home page.... 16:19 - Dec 23 with 2063 viewsaardvaark

Christ these ads are getting more & more intrusive and annoying! I know the site needs them but...wow....pop up ads are the most annoying of all!

:)

Poll: When, not if, will Jewell go?

Ads on Home page.... on 16:22 - Dec 23 with 2048 viewsnoggin

Pay Gav a few quid and he'll make them disappear, as long as your logged in.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Ads on Home page.... on 17:01 - Dec 23 with 1954 viewsPhilTWTD

We shouldn't have any pop-ups. Will mention to Gav.
Ads on Home page.... on 18:01 - Dec 23 with 1880 viewsGavTWTD

We have 3 types of visitor on the site. Those not logged in, registered users (logged in) and VIPs.

If you're not logged in then we do load up the ads on those. I'd not call them popups but sticky footer ads or sticky videos pinned to the bottom of the screen. Registered and logged in users have the worst of those removed and we do offer a paid membership which turns off all ads for £24/year.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Ads on Home page.... on 18:07 - Dec 23 with 1845 viewsDJR

I like the ads. I've already got a walk-in-bath on order, and am off to Turkey in January to get a hair transplant and dental implants.

Seriously though, I have never really noticed the ads, whether logged in or not, and whether on computer or my Android phone.
Ads on Home page.... on 18:17 - Dec 23 with 1805 viewsRyorry

Ads on Home page.... on 17:01 - Dec 23 by PhilTWTD

We shouldn't have any pop-ups. Will mention to Gav.

Have actually just PM'd Gav about the one I referred to a few days ago. Didn't bring it up again on forum as it looked like he was away for a few days, but seeing as he's back ...

No rush, as I found refreshing 3 x in quick succession gets rid - for a few minutes!

Gav - awful, annoying, continually popping-up ad on iPhone by Ryorry 18 Dec 2022 12:48
Literally every 5 seconds - dismiss it (which is difficult to do with tiny x) & it just comes right back up. All across posts & forum home page. Got to stage where I can't stand viewing on phone any more.

Oblong, with red border all around, advertising "monetizing" something (I don't even know what, so a particularly stupid ad as well!)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ads on Home page.... on 20:43 - Dec 23 with 1657 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Ads on Home page.... on 16:22 - Dec 23 by noggin

Pay Gav a few quid and he'll make them disappear, as long as your logged in.

* You're

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Ads on Home page.... on 21:18 - Dec 23 with 1621 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ads on Home page.... on 18:07 - Dec 23 by DJR

I like the ads. I've already got a walk-in-bath on order, and am off to Turkey in January to get a hair transplant and dental implants.

Seriously though, I have never really noticed the ads, whether logged in or not, and whether on computer or my Android phone.

If you're not logged in they are pretty obvious. Even sometimes within a thread.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ads on Home page.... on 06:42 - Dec 24 with 1450 viewsDJR

Ads on Home page.... on 21:18 - Dec 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

If you're not logged in they are pretty obvious. Even sometimes within a thread.

Now that you mention it. I think it's just that I have the ability when looking at a screen to ignore/blank out anything I'm not interested in, and adverts come at the top of that list.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2022 11:51]
Login to get fewer ads

Ads on Home page.... on 06:47 - Dec 24 with 1447 viewsunbelievablue

Getting ones for Norwich FC Community something or other this morning, which is just inexcusable.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Ads on Home page.... on 09:48 - Dec 24 with 1336 viewsPhilTWTD

Ads on Home page.... on 06:47 - Dec 24 by unbelievablue

Getting ones for Norwich FC Community something or other this morning, which is just inexcusable.

Their money going into our coffers! I'll get it stopped.
Ads on Home page.... on 14:04 - Dec 24 with 1233 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Ads on Home page.... on 09:48 - Dec 24 by PhilTWTD

Their money going into our coffers! I'll get it stopped.

Am I right that we should repeatedly click on them and they will pay more? Or is that going to put cookies on my machine and make me see even more of the rubbish?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ads on Home page.... on 14:14 - Dec 24 with 1215 viewsPhilTWTD

Ads on Home page.... on 14:04 - Dec 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Am I right that we should repeatedly click on them and they will pay more? Or is that going to put cookies on my machine and make me see even more of the rubbish?

Probably both. I assume if everyone did the same we could eventually bankrupt the club.
Ads on Home page.... on 14:18 - Dec 24 with 1185 viewsjeera

Ads on Home page.... on 14:14 - Dec 24 by PhilTWTD

Probably both. I assume if everyone did the same we could eventually bankrupt the club.

So we need one of our geniuses to build a fake page and divert the ads there for a click-a-thon?

Is such a thing possible one cannot help but wonder.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024