Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aluko 10:25 - Jan 8 with 2413 viewsBseaBlue

I know it's common to see threads like this for Sone these days but it really is a joy to watch him play football. In the first half yesterday I don't think he gave the ball away once and was so dominant against a 'championship' outfit.

Tired a bit in the second half but it reminds me of when we had Mcgoldrick. The ball just sticks to him.
Aluko on 10:27 - Jan 8 with 2374 viewsWickets

Yes very good again but at best has only got an hour in him these days .
Aluko on 10:36 - Jan 8 with 2282 viewsclive_baker

Class isn’t he. It wasn’t long ago he was a regular in the Championship, and let’s not forget has a fair few premier league appearances to his name too. A very cultured player, highly experienced too. I think he’s got a big role to play in the 2nd half of the season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Aluko on 11:46 - Jan 8 with 2025 viewsBigCommon

I think he's a class act..And the way we rotate the front three means we don't need him to do 90 minutes..Think his experience is useful to have in the building,too.
On a side note, since Aluko has been back, Chaplin has hit an amazing run of form. Don't know wether that is Aluko's influence in and around the match day squad.Or just through him providing pure competition for one of the AM spots.. Either way, it's done no harm at all.
Aluko on 13:07 - Jan 8 with 1826 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Aluko on 11:46 - Jan 8 by BigCommon

I think he's a class act..And the way we rotate the front three means we don't need him to do 90 minutes..Think his experience is useful to have in the building,too.
On a side note, since Aluko has been back, Chaplin has hit an amazing run of form. Don't know wether that is Aluko's influence in and around the match day squad.Or just through him providing pure competition for one of the AM spots.. Either way, it's done no harm at all.

That's an interesting connection - I guess he makes room for others? And he really is silky skillful.

A shame his finishing is not high quality. His normal composure seems to disappear a little in front of goal.
Aluko on 13:09 - Jan 8 with 1797 viewsRyorry

Aluko on 10:36 - Jan 8 by clive_baker

Class isn’t he. It wasn’t long ago he was a regular in the Championship, and let’s not forget has a fair few premier league appearances to his name too. A very cultured player, highly experienced too. I think he’s got a big role to play in the 2nd half of the season.

"Cultured" - haven't heard that word applied to ITFC player/s since the days of Muhren & Thijssen!

He's become my fav player this season. As others have said, a joy to watch, such lovely skills & cool - I swear my heart & stress rates are reduced when he has the ball!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Aluko on 15:28 - Jan 8 with 1565 viewsBigCommon

Aluko on 13:07 - Jan 8 by CBMTOBWMMBG

That's an interesting connection - I guess he makes room for others? And he really is silky skillful.

A shame his finishing is not high quality. His normal composure seems to disappear a little in front of goal.

Personally think the dip in some players over the December period, is as much through lack of bodies providing competition to keep players on their toes. As it is fatigue..
Luongo on the bench, Humphreys stakes a real claim?
Hirst watching in the stands, Freddy plays a blinder?
Aluko pushing Chaplin on?
Leif Davis stand out every week with Leigh lurking..
I don't know? Maybe coincidence. But I think healthy competition will only push players to be a few percent better and more consistent. All those injuries we've had, has really affected that part of it all, imo.
Aluko on 15:43 - Jan 8 with 1512 viewsibbleobble

I actually thought it was one of his weaker games but yes, a joy to watch at times. It f he could finish I don’t think he’d be playing League One.
Aluko on 15:48 - Jan 8 with 1494 viewsSteve_M

Aluko on 15:28 - Jan 8 by BigCommon

Personally think the dip in some players over the December period, is as much through lack of bodies providing competition to keep players on their toes. As it is fatigue..
Luongo on the bench, Humphreys stakes a real claim?
Hirst watching in the stands, Freddy plays a blinder?
Aluko pushing Chaplin on?
Leif Davis stand out every week with Leigh lurking..
I don't know? Maybe coincidence. But I think healthy competition will only push players to be a few percent better and more consistent. All those injuries we've had, has really affected that part of it all, imo.

Not just competition for place, the lack of rotation meant that our forward players - who generally all do a lot of pressing - weren't being rested. It's not a coincidence that a strong bench allowed us to close the game out well yesterday, as against Oxford whereas with illness at Lincoln and injuries in December we couldn't do that.

Aluko offers control far better than anyone else in those forward positions, a bit of an issue that that possession doesn't lead to goals as often as it should but that might just be our general effectiveness in front of goal not quite being as good as it could be.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Aluko on 15:49 - Jan 8 with 1489 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Aluko on 11:46 - Jan 8 by BigCommon

Better players create chances and make space for others on the pitch. It doesn't have to be about Chaplin feeling pressure on his place in the team.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Aluko on 17:42 - Jan 8 with 1261 viewsRyorry

Aluko on 15:48 - Jan 8 by Steve_M

Not just competition for place, the lack of rotation meant that our forward players - who generally all do a lot of pressing - weren't being rested. It's not a coincidence that a strong bench allowed us to close the game out well yesterday, as against Oxford whereas with illness at Lincoln and injuries in December we couldn't do that.

Aluko offers control far better than anyone else in those forward positions, a bit of an issue that that possession doesn't lead to goals as often as it should but that might just be our general effectiveness in front of goal not quite being as good as it could be.

Audio comms reckoned y'day that it wasn't just lack of finishing by our strikers that's been a problem, it's the lack of top quality assists into or around the box for the strikers to latch onto (their view, not mine - I saw many good balls into the box in the iFollow video December games wasted due to no strikers being in the right place at the right time to turn them in).

Think it's significant that our dip in form was whilst Aluko was out injured. We missed his composure when coming on as a sub to close games out calmly, instead of conceding late on.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Aluko on 17:45 - Jan 8 with 1250 viewsFreddies_Ears

Aluko on 15:49 - Jan 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Better players create chances and make space for others on the pitch. It doesn't have to be about Chaplin feeling pressure on his place in the team.

McKenna said that, with Aluko in the team, he can use Chappers in a slightly different role, that suits him better. Seems to be working rather well!!!!
Aluko on 18:58 - Jan 8 with 1035 viewshoppy

Aluko on 13:09 - Jan 8 by Ryorry

"Cultured" - haven't heard that word applied to ITFC player/s since the days of Muhren & Thijssen!

He's become my fav player this season. As others have said, a joy to watch, such lovely skills & cool - I swear my heart & stress rates are reduced when he has the ball!

Oh how often people forget the joy of watching Jay Tabb on the ball…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024