Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leppings Lane End 15:13 - Jan 8 with 7447 viewsOldsmoker

I was going to post this earlier but decided not to, hoping that someone else would start the thread and I could add to it.
It seems the FA cup match betweeh Wed and Newcastle had a very crowded Leppings Lane end. The notorious center section where so many died in the Hillsborough disaster was once again rammed full.
This time it was the stewards who seem to be at fault with marshalling the fans to the right sections.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/horrifying-images-of-newcastle-fans-cra

I hope there's an inquiry about this.
My second hope is no team gets drawn to Wed away this next round before they hold the inquiry.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Leppings Lane End on 08:56 - Mar 14 with 896 viewssoupytwist

Leppings Lane End on 07:57 - Mar 14 by bluelagos

An update. Reductions of the capacity of both tiers now in place.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/13/hillsborough-capacity-reduced-a

That's a sensible move. Presumably that means that if we play at Hillsborough next season they'll make both upper and lower tiers available as we pretty much sold our allocation in the top tier.

Not sure how anyone of a certain age (or who has seen the TV pictures from that fateful day) could watch a game from that bottom tier to be honest.
Not a chance on 09:25 - Mar 14 with 851 viewsDyland

Leppings Lane End on 08:56 - Mar 14 by soupytwist

That's a sensible move. Presumably that means that if we play at Hillsborough next season they'll make both upper and lower tiers available as we pretty much sold our allocation in the top tier.

Not sure how anyone of a certain age (or who has seen the TV pictures from that fateful day) could watch a game from that bottom tier to be honest.

It's kind of stupefying to me it's still the same, and there are still risks if stewarding and policing ain't up to scratch (for whatever reason).

EDIT: My own safety isn't why I wouldn't watch footy from there. It would feel very strange and even somehow disrespectful, but I get that that may just be me, and no judgement on anyone else being in there.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 9:36]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Not a chance on 10:37 - Mar 14 with 771 viewssoupytwist

Not a chance on 09:25 - Mar 14 by Dyland

It's kind of stupefying to me it's still the same, and there are still risks if stewarding and policing ain't up to scratch (for whatever reason).

EDIT: My own safety isn't why I wouldn't watch footy from there. It would feel very strange and even somehow disrespectful, but I get that that may just be me, and no judgement on anyone else being in there.

My first visit was last season and went again this season. I found it weird that, as far as I could tell, it's pretty much the same as it was.

You're not alone in your opinion about being there. I imagine many people would feel conflicted at best.
Leppings Lane End on 12:20 - Mar 14 with 674 viewsCityBlue

Fine Sheff Wed and give them a nine point deduction...

I T I D

Not a chance on 12:42 - Mar 14 with 630 viewsPlums

Not a chance on 10:37 - Mar 14 by soupytwist

My first visit was last season and went again this season. I found it weird that, as far as I could tell, it's pretty much the same as it was.

You're not alone in your opinion about being there. I imagine many people would feel conflicted at best.

I think there has been some work to improve the structure - removing the slope in the tunnel etc. but the fact it's still there at all amazes me.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Leppings Lane End on 12:54 - Mar 14 with 616 viewsRadlett_blue

Leppings Lane End on 07:57 - Mar 14 by bluelagos

An update. Reductions of the capacity of both tiers now in place.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/mar/13/hillsborough-capacity-reduced-a

Indeed, isn't a reduction in capacity & better, more professional stewarding the solution?Hillsborough is typically only 2/3 full so why would the Wednesday owners want to spend a fortune on expensive redevelopment?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Not a chance on 13:26 - Mar 14 with 584 viewsNthQldITFC

Not a chance on 09:25 - Mar 14 by Dyland

I suppose it's the same reason why 'developers' are allowed to build big housing estates fed only by bad roads which are already deadly, and why we see the climate change juggernaut approaching and do absolutely nothing about it.

It's because we put money ahead of everything; safety, happiness, the future. We are blinded and drugged and led by an abstract concept. Happiness and safety should be what we judge our success on. Whatever it would have cost to rebuild or drastically modify that stand is as nothing in comparison.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Leppings Lane End on 15:40 - Mar 14 with 495 viewsblueasfook

Leppings Lane End on 12:20 - Mar 14 by CityBlue

Fine Sheff Wed and give them a nine point deduction...

Fine and deduct from Plymouth too. I bet they were in on it.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Login to get fewer ads

Not a chance on 17:50 - Mar 14 with 428 viewsDyland

Not a chance on 13:26 - Mar 14 by NthQldITFC

I suppose it's the same reason why 'developers' are allowed to build big housing estates fed only by bad roads which are already deadly, and why we see the climate change juggernaut approaching and do absolutely nothing about it.

It's because we put money ahead of everything; safety, happiness, the future. We are blinded and drugged and led by an abstract concept. Happiness and safety should be what we judge our success on. Whatever it would have cost to rebuild or drastically modify that stand is as nothing in comparison.

Totally agree with the fundamental sentiment there... would argue happiness, and safety to some extent, are also abstract concepts though.

On a separate note, I'm conceding defeat with your username and the Oxford 'ers' suffix and will have to just use Qlders. You need a nickname innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024