Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy vs Matete 11:59 - Jan 11 with 3091 viewsjp_itfc

Remember it being a proper battle against Fleetwood a couple of seasons ago where Matete had the better of Morsy in the 1st half, sure to be a key battle come Saturday.

I think there was a clip of Morsy screaming in his face at FT. Anybody got that clip?

An exciting battle, roll on Saturday. COYB.
Morsy vs Matete on 12:18 - Jan 11 with 2935 viewsSamWhiteUK

Morsy vs Matete on 12:23 - Jan 11 with 2874 viewsBigCommon

Think we were far less organised in MF under Cook. I remember the game. And Thought Mattete looked alright. Got a feeling hes in for a shock if he thinks that we are the same as we were then. Morsy, however, will probably play his heart out to ensure he wins that pparticular battle, this time round. A fully motivated Morsy?..I like the sound of that.
Morsy vs Matete on 12:28 - Jan 11 with 2785 viewsSheffordBlue

Plymouth fans also seem to have a very dim view of Morsy due to a couple of poor tackles in previous games. Should imagine the Away contingent will be agitating for bookings/sendings off and wouldn't surprise me if their players try to play up to this.

Fingers crossed he keeps a very cool head on Saturday

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Morsy vs Matete on 12:35 - Jan 11 with 2706 viewsKentish_Tractor

There was no need to do that at the end. I understand he was pumped up but doing that lacked class from our captain and not a good example. Keep the nasty stuff for during the game and shake hands afterwards.

I look forward to another scrap between the two of them. I just hope they keep it just about clean and it doesn't get really nasty (I imagine Matete will remember that and hope he doesn't go for a Roy Keane Haarland style revenge)

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

Morsy vs Matete on 12:40 - Jan 11 with 2631 viewsSamWhiteUK

Morsy vs Matete on 12:35 - Jan 11 by Kentish_Tractor

There was no need to do that at the end. I understand he was pumped up but doing that lacked class from our captain and not a good example. Keep the nasty stuff for during the game and shake hands afterwards.

I look forward to another scrap between the two of them. I just hope they keep it just about clean and it doesn't get really nasty (I imagine Matete will remember that and hope he doesn't go for a Roy Keane Haarland style revenge)

Bore off, it's hilarious! We've been pushovers for far too long.

If anything it's a compliment to a young player that Morsy had got so fired up. I'm sure there was mutual respect there.
Morsy vs Matete on 12:41 - Jan 11 with 2605 viewsLankHenners

Matete also gave up tracking Celina into the box for the late winner so more defensive lapses like that on Saturday would be good, assuming he starts.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Morsy vs Matete on 12:46 - Jan 11 with 2504 viewscbower

Morsy vs Matete on 12:28 - Jan 11 by SheffordBlue

Plymouth fans also seem to have a very dim view of Morsy due to a couple of poor tackles in previous games. Should imagine the Away contingent will be agitating for bookings/sendings off and wouldn't surprise me if their players try to play up to this.

Fingers crossed he keeps a very cool head on Saturday

He has to renain in control. If bookings come his way, they have to be for things that matter
. A foul to stop a goal or a very dangerous break. Not for petulant dissent or off the ball nonsense. Never want him to lose his edge but stay in control.

bluescouser

Morsy vs Matete on 13:46 - Jan 11 with 2130 viewsjayessess

Paul Cook, Bonne, Celina, Rekeem Harper on the bench... all feels so long ago, doesn't it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy vs Matete on 08:12 - Jan 14 with 1116 viewsStokieBlue

It's interesting, the general consensus of town fans is that it's too early to put in our new signings but Plymouth have already played Matete basically the day after he joined and everyone expects him to play today.

Don't expect Hirst to start but I think Broadhead could well start.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 8:13]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Morsy vs Matete on 08:29 - Jan 14 with 1042 viewsHerbivore

Morsy vs Matete on 08:12 - Jan 14 by StokieBlue

It's interesting, the general consensus of town fans is that it's too early to put in our new signings but Plymouth have already played Matete basically the day after he joined and everyone expects him to play today.

Don't expect Hirst to start but I think Broadhead could well start.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 8:13]

Agreed, think Broadhead could well start as Harness hasn't really been pulling up trees in recent games and it feels like a game where we need a goal threat so not one for Aluko to start. Broadhead had also been featuring regularly for Wigan over the first half of the season so should be match fit. Hirst looks more like one for the bench.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024