Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! 15:13 - Jan 13 with 1766 viewsNutkins_Return

Following another thread it's been in my head and I think I nailed the lyrics!! I really like that song in sung it football grounds!

Country Roads, Take me home
Portman Road's, Where I Belong
West of Aldeburgh, beating AZ Alkmaar
Country Roads, take me home

(not sure if you can just take the AZ out of Alkmaar for perfect flow).
Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 15:17 - Jan 13 with 1728 viewsKeno

Jordan Rhodes come back home
to the place where you belong
Portman Road home of Ipswich

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 15:21 - Jan 13 with 1700 viewsNutkins_Return

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 15:17 - Jan 13 by Keno

to the place where you belong
Portman Road home of Ipswich

Jordan Rhodes fits nicely, Ipswich Town fits horribly....but also why would we sing it 😂.

I'm serious though. I've nailed this. Now needs a bigger boy to make this happen.

It fits, it's timeless, it's got our history and it's the b0llocks.
Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 15:23 - Jan 13 with 1677 viewsDidHisHelmetTurnBlue

Az Alkmaar bits woeful
Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 15:29 - Jan 13 with 1656 viewsNutkins_Return

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 15:23 - Jan 13 by DidHisHelmetTurnBlue

Az Alkmaar bits woeful

You're insane. That one of the biggest bits of our football history fits with Mountain Mama and woeful you say. Unless your pronunciation of Alkmaar is awful.
Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 16:09 - Jan 13 with 1561 viewsDidHisHelmetTurnBlue

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 15:29 - Jan 13 by Nutkins_Return

You're insane. That one of the biggest bits of our football history fits with Mountain Mama and woeful you say. Unless your pronunciation of Alkmaar is awful.

I meant for the flow, and I've changed my mind, Aldeburgh bits woeful.
Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 16:26 - Jan 13 with 1526 viewsWubbleU

Replace the woeful line with..

North of london, south of Scum-land
Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 16:32 - Jan 13 with 1507 viewsNthQldITFC

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 15:29 - Jan 13 by Nutkins_Return

It's more about the rhythm, I think. And where's the 67?

By the by, is it such a big place that it needs its own map book?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 16:36 - Jan 13 with 1489 viewsKropotkin123

Yep, that's the nail in the coffin for that song suggestions

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 16:44 - Jan 13 with 1465 viewsNutkins_Return

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 16:32 - Jan 13 by NthQldITFC

It's more about the rhythm, I think. And where's the 67?

By the by, is it such a big place that it needs its own map book?

You take the AZ out as suggested and it's on point. ON POINT.

Have I been out of Suffolk so long I'm not compensating for the Suffolk twang?!

Where are the voices of reason it's. It's a masterpiece .

As for the Aldeburgh not fitting for West Virginia. Absolute madness cretinage. Or are you pronouncing it Old Burg.

To paraphrase partridge I need several positives right now. Some to wipe out these negatives and some more....well to have some positives.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 16:48]
Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 16:51 - Jan 13 with 1434 viewsJeff_winger

I ll back you up, I think this song would sound awesome belted out by a whole stand.

While we lift the league trophy
Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 16:53 - Jan 13 with 1428 viewsNutkins_Return

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 16:51 - Jan 13 by Jeff_winger

I ll back you up, I think this song would sound awesome belted out by a whole stand.

While we lift the league trophy

Yes. The tide is turning. A wave of positivity is approaching.

Think this through. 29,000 singing this to promotion. Goosebumps.

Or even just me and Jeff ...12,000 seat apart
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 16:54]
Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 17:01 - Jan 13 with 1381 viewsDidHisHelmetTurnBlue

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 16:53 - Jan 13 by Nutkins_Return

Yes. The tide is turning. A wave of positivity is approaching.

Think this through. 29,000 singing this to promotion. Goosebumps.

Or even just me and Jeff ...12,000 seat apart
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 16:54]

Yeah sod it. It's a masterpiece, I'll belt it out tomorrow
Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 17:04 - Jan 13 with 1363 viewsNutkins_Return

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 17:01 - Jan 13 by DidHisHelmetTurnBlue

I'll take it!! And welcome to positivity. Feels good right?!

Can we agree that if we win the league this is happening! Because you know...that means we've won the league.

Whose sword (voice) can I count on!?!
Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 17:13 - Jan 13 with 1313 viewsNthQldITFC

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 17:01 - Jan 13 by DidHisHelmetTurnBlue

I was trying to disguise my complete and utter admiration for a composition which clearly ranks alongside anything from Mendelsohn, Lennon, or Vanilla Ice, with some half-baked criticism - but I can't keep it up.

As you say, it's a masterpiece, and I have heard that Snape Maltings are already looking at a season or two.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 17:18 - Jan 13 with 1296 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 17:13 - Jan 13 by NthQldITFC

I was trying to disguise my complete and utter admiration for a composition which clearly ranks alongside anything from Mendelsohn, Lennon, or Vanilla Ice, with some half-baked criticism - but I can't keep it up.

As you say, it's a masterpiece, and I have heard that Snape Maltings are already looking at a season or two.

Not a patch on "Get your kicks in Town's Section 6"

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 17:21 - Jan 13 with 1280 viewsPaphosBlue

Agree that this is a good song to sing and happy with the lyrics. Indeed I sung it for week on news of the return of Walters. My only question is why given we are TWTD and clearly those days are returning why nobody has come up with decent lyrics for that equally good tune?

Poll: What would Lambert have to do for you to accept him as Manager

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 17:22 - Jan 13 with 1275 viewsKeno

Mark Ashton take us home
To the place where we belong
Pride of Anglia kings of Europe
Mark Ashton take us home

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 17:24 - Jan 13 with 1256 viewsNutkins_Return

Country Roads - Sorry but I've nailed it!! on 17:13 - Jan 13 by NthQldITFC

I'm applying quite a strong sarcasm filter and accepting you onboard.

It's not a masterpiece it's a perfect football belter. The two things are different...in isolation you'll never walk alone is pap...get 45,000 singing it..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024