Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoicism re Town, at last 08:54 - Jan 22 with 1957 viewsDyland

Obviously I want to win every game. Obviously I want Town to be promoted.

However this is the first time in years after a bad result I’ve felt so calm and sanguine about Town. It is what it is. No club can splash some cash and expect to automatically win every game. The manager is a rookie, the players are human, we don’t have a relentless machine. And football isn’t won on paper, nor by analysis. Those factors are foundational and ITFC is still laying them.

Is it a disaster falling away from the autos? Well yes, personally, because I can’t hack playoffs. Except maybe this year I can. What will be will be. Hell, maybe we’ll fall away completely. Who knows? Do I care? Of course. But eff all I can do about it , so I’ll just continue supporting and being philosophical. It’s not my money or job after all, and we can all stop buying tickets whenever we want.

Is not getting promoted catastrophic? Well that’s subjective, and it’s all relative. Basically, my advice is stop taking it so seriously, look after yer ticker innit.

Anyway, we’re about to go on a ten game winning streak, arf.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Stoicism re Town, at last on 09:05 - Jan 22 with 1840 viewsevansblue

Wise words and it’s exactly how I feel. People keep saying we have spent millions and to not go up is a disaster but football is not that simple. This is a project. It’s clear we are on the right path and it just might take a bit longer than we hoped. As I have said on Twitter I have sat through so much rubbish since Joe Royle left that the last year has been an absolute blessing. Roll on Tuesday.
Stoicism re Town, at last on 09:19 - Jan 22 with 1776 viewsDyland

Stoicism re Town, at last on 09:05 - Jan 22 by evansblue

Wise words and it’s exactly how I feel. People keep saying we have spent millions and to not go up is a disaster but football is not that simple. This is a project. It’s clear we are on the right path and it just might take a bit longer than we hoped. As I have said on Twitter I have sat through so much rubbish since Joe Royle left that the last year has been an absolute blessing. Roll on Tuesday.

Innit. Whether the investors see it that way is another matter but hey ho, I can’t affect that so whatever.

Stoicism re Town, at last on 09:54 - Jan 22 with 1717 viewsArnieM

Thanks Dylan’s for lifting my spirits this morning, because everything you say in your post is correct. It is what it is and the bigger picture is actually very bright for us. If it’s not to be this season, then surely next? The current top two haven’t just suddenly got to this point. They’ve been building towards gif the last 2-3 seasons….. and do will we.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Stoicism re Town, at last on 10:03 - Jan 22 with 1677 viewsFrimleyBlue

Stoicism re Town, at last on 09:54 - Jan 22 by ArnieM

Thanks Dylan’s for lifting my spirits this morning, because everything you say in your post is correct. It is what it is and the bigger picture is actually very bright for us. If it’s not to be this season, then surely next? The current top two haven’t just suddenly got to this point. They’ve been building towards gif the last 2-3 seasons….. and do will we.

If not this season, it has to be next.

'Copyright of town supporters since 2019'

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Stoicism re Town, at last on 10:05 - Jan 22 with 1682 viewsArnieM

Stoicism re Town, at last on 10:03 - Jan 22 by FrimleyBlue

But we’re getting closer. It WILL happen.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Stoicism re Town, at last on 10:06 - Jan 22 with 1678 viewsDyland

I do wonder whether the balance between building for the championship and just trying to get promoted is a little off, but what do I know innit.

Pilgrims approach probs less sustainable?

Owls have essentially a championship squad innit.

Stoicism re Town, at last on 10:45 - Jan 22 with 1615 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's all getting a bit 'Derby' on here innit.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Stoicism re Town, at last on 11:58 - Jan 22 with 1541 viewspointofblue

Apologies for repeating myself as I said this elsewhere but this season for us feels like Sunderland 2020/2021 - they really should have gone up but too many draws cost them.

In the following season, however, they managed promotion. Albeit by winning and losing more, and finishing lower in the table than the year before, but they got over the line. Not sure if I can stomach the play offs but looks like we may have to.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Derby, Wednesday, Notlob... on 15:34 - Jan 22 with 1439 viewsDyland

Stoicism re Town, at last on 10:45 - Jan 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's all getting a bit 'Derby' on here innit.

Plus obviously Argyle and a couple of others who will feel, fairly, that they can challenge as well. Who would have thought there are other clubs and players who may influence things? Arf.

Stoicism re Town, at last on 17:20 - Jan 22 with 1329 viewsMullet

Always thought you were more Sennakot than Seneca buh x

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Ah, very good padawan on 17:22 - Jan 22 with 1310 viewsDyland

Stoicism re Town, at last on 17:20 - Jan 22 by Mullet

Always thought you were more Sennakot than Seneca buh x

More Aurelius maybe...

Stoicism re Town, at last on 17:26 - Jan 22 with 1283 viewsJ2BLUE

Agree. Also, if this season was a marathon we would have nearly 11 miles left.

I know we aren't in the best of form but feck me, some of the responses have been incredible.

Basically people saying I know it's over the top but we're entitled to have a tantrum so we're bloody well going to.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ah, very good padawan on 18:19 - Jan 22 with 1196 viewsMullet

Ah, very good padawan on 17:22 - Jan 22 by Dyland

More Aurelius maybe...

Nah, I like what he wrote

Stoicism re Town, at last on 18:43 - Jan 22 with 1136 viewsDyland

Stoicism re Town, at last on 17:26 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

Agree. Also, if this season was a marathon we would have nearly 11 miles left.

I know we aren't in the best of form but feck me, some of the responses have been incredible.

Basically people saying I know it's over the top but we're entitled to have a tantrum so we're bloody well going to.

Now this is a sh1t analogy, but whatever. When I regularly caught trains out of London Victoria during evening rush hour people used tut tut when a train was delayed by like two or three minutes. Same people ever cheer when their train was on time? No of course they didn't, the miserable glass half empty sods.

I like both on 18:44 - Jan 22 with 1128 viewsDyland

Ah, very good padawan on 18:19 - Jan 22 by Mullet

Nah, I like what he wrote

Great bog books to sit alongside Private Eye, Viz, and some good poetry anthologies.

I like both on 18:47 - Jan 22 with 1100 viewsMullet

I like both on 18:44 - Jan 22 by Dyland

Great bog books to sit alongside Private Eye, Viz, and some good poetry anthologies.

I just play Candy Crush and pretend I'm Phil Ham and the radiator is Roy Keane. Time just flies by.

Stoicism re Town, at last on 22:33 - Jan 22 with 937 viewsreusersfreekicks

Stoicism re Town, at last on 10:03 - Jan 22 by FrimleyBlue

Those that attend or soley keyboard warriors?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024