Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KM looking beyond Burnley 17:50 - Feb 4 with 3465 viewsgtsb1966

If his post match interview is anything to go by. Sounded like teacups were thrown at half time so to speak. Said the 2nd half subs were tactical and not injuries which is basically an admission he messed up today. He had nothing positive to say about today which is unusual for him as usually there are some. Not a good day.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 17:54]
KM looking beyond Burnley on 17:58 - Feb 4 with 3318 viewsDJR

Mick Mills has often made the point that McKenna needs to decide what is his best team and stick with it, and not make substitutions unless essential which he thinks disrupts things.

The option to tinker in the second half is maybe preventing us get a settled side, and in any event, I am not sure I can recall much more than the odd game where the substitutions made much difference to the final result.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 17:58]
KM looking beyond Burnley on 18:03 - Feb 4 with 3233 viewsgtsb1966

KM looking beyond Burnley on 17:58 - Feb 4 by DJR

Mick Mills has often made the point that McKenna needs to decide what is his best team and stick with it, and not make substitutions unless essential which he thinks disrupts things.

The option to tinker in the second half is maybe preventing us get a settled side, and in any event, I am not sure I can recall much more than the odd game where the substitutions made much difference to the final result.

I thought Mill's post match analysis was the first time he sounded a bit irked at the way KM doesn't stick to a settled side. I make Mills right IMHO.
KM looking beyond Burnley on 18:07 - Feb 4 with 3185 viewsBigCommon

Perhaps he said it was tactical, rather than publicly slate some underperformers?
What's he meant to do? Chuck players under the bus?
I'm sure words were had at half time, after that first half display.. But I'd like to think he may be taking some blame, to protect his players... Sounds like he feels a bit let down by a few that were out there....
KM looking beyond Burnley on 18:07 - Feb 4 with 3171 viewstractorboy1978

The subs definitely made a difference today. We were so passive first half. We got a reaction but then we let the game drift again.

I think everyone would have started with Davis and Clarke today so it's a bit revisionist for anyone to suggest otherwise.
KM looking beyond Burnley on 18:11 - Feb 4 with 3108 viewspointofblue

KM looking beyond Burnley on 18:03 - Feb 4 by gtsb1966

I thought Mill's post match analysis was the first time he sounded a bit irked at the way KM doesn't stick to a settled side. I make Mills right IMHO.

He played exactly the same side that faced Morecambe? And I doubt anyone begrudged wholesale changes for the FA Cup match.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

KM looking beyond Burnley on 18:41 - Feb 4 with 2866 viewsWickets

Well we did start with the same team that started in last league game against Morecambe and won in a canter .
KM looking beyond Burnley on 20:15 - Feb 4 with 2651 viewsfarkenhell

KM looking beyond Burnley on 18:07 - Feb 4 by tractorboy1978

The subs definitely made a difference today. We were so passive first half. We got a reaction but then we let the game drift again.

I think everyone would have started with Davis and Clarke today so it's a bit revisionist for anyone to suggest otherwise.

For me, the most disappointing aspect of today was after a very poor 1st half, we started the 2nd at a canter, got an early equaliser, for 10 minutes or so afterwards we looked like getting a second (and would have with some better decision making), but after that we allowed the game to drift, as you said. The half-time subs definitely had an impact.
KM looking beyond Burnley on 20:18 - Feb 4 with 2620 viewsFrimleyBlue

I'd have understood then more for injuries. But did many feel davis and clarke had bad first half's?

Also In a game where we probably could have done with a set piece goal or two. We took off 2 of our corner takers and also a newly found long thrower.

All a bit odd.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

KM looking beyond Burnley on 20:20 - Feb 4 with 2615 viewsDJR

KM looking beyond Burnley on 18:03 - Feb 4 by gtsb1966

I think he said it a couple of weeks ago too, so my saying it was often probably isn't right.

I suppose Mills was content to go along with the approach so long as we were successful, but has begun to challenge the way things are done, because chopping and changing teams didn't happen in his day.
KM looking beyond Burnley on 20:25 - Feb 4 with 2577 viewsDJR

I think Mills main point is that he doesn't like all the changes in the second half which disrupt play, particularly when you throw in opposition changes and time-wasting. But also, he's going back to his day when teams played their best team.

Of course, you could say today the changes in the second half worked, but only up to a point, because there was probably only about a 20 minute period when we looked threatening.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 20:27]
KM looking beyond Burnley on 20:25 - Feb 4 with 2576 viewstractorboy1978

KM looking beyond Burnley on 20:18 - Feb 4 by FrimleyBlue

I'd have understood then more for injuries. But did many feel davis and clarke had bad first half's?

Also In a game where we probably could have done with a set piece goal or two. We took off 2 of our corner takers and also a newly found long thrower.

All a bit odd.

I think he just wanted to get as many attackers onto the pitch as he could whilst keeping a defensive base in Donacien-Keogh-Edmundson. Morsy was pretty much playing CM on his own until Humphreys came on.
KM looking beyond Burnley on 20:29 - Feb 4 with 2545 viewsfarkenhell

All a bit odd.

But the subs made a noticeable difference for the first 20 minutes or so of the second half. The annoying thing was that we didn't continue playing that way.
KM looking beyond Burnley on 20:40 - Feb 4 with 2492 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

All a bit odd.

They were taken off to facilitate a more attacking team, or thats how I saw it anyway.

I did think Clarke had a really poor first half mid.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

KM looking beyond Burnley on 08:45 - Feb 5 with 2128 viewsArchiRob

KM looking beyond Burnley on 20:40 - Feb 4 by TRUE_BLUE123

They were taken off to facilitate a more attacking team, or thats how I saw it anyway.

I did think Clarke had a really poor first half mid.

Thought Clarke's throws were the only positive thing in the dismal first half
Hardly saw Broadhead first half was hoping for a shot from him take on a defender but we couldn't find him
KM looking beyond Burnley on 08:48 - Feb 5 with 2116 viewstortoise

All a bit odd.

I thought Clarke was awful. A massive disappointment. No composure and often slightly out of position.
KM looking beyond Burnley on 13:49 - Feb 5 with 1941 viewsWickets

Did he mess up by picking the same team as last league win or did the players just fail to turn up so let the fans and manager down ?
KM looking beyond Burnley on 15:34 - Feb 5 with 1838 viewsbraveblue

How many of us would have picked a different team - maybe apart from Keogh. Trouble is quite a few played badly. Not really the managers fault. And he changed it at half time and got a point.
Think focus will all be on Sheff Weds game.. on 20:57 - Feb 5 with 1643 viewsunstableblue

… a number of players stated how well McKenna prepared them for Burnley, as it was such a different challenge, not being against a team who’ll sit deep… but that prep is done… and I think McKenna will be giving all his focus into the sell out against the owls

Yes he’ll send a team to Burnley, but he’ll want the reaction to the Cambridge display to come on Saturday… that backlash

The FA cup game feels more a distraction and energy/focus sapping rather than a chance to build momentum.

We’ve got to go hard and quickly against Sheffield to get the fans on side and get the fans fired up early and onboard!

A big week for McKenna and the players… no more talk… ACTION

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

KM looking beyond Burnley on 21:14 - Feb 5 with 1559 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

KM looking beyond Burnley on 18:41 - Feb 4 by Wickets

Well we did start with the same team that started in last league game against Morecambe and won in a canter .

More of a laboured trot in Keogh's case. Opposition coaches must be hoping to see him start and living the long punt and chase dream.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

KM looking beyond Burnley on 09:06 - Feb 6 with 1040 viewsDJR

KM looking beyond Burnley on 21:14 - Feb 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

More of a laboured trot in Keogh's case. Opposition coaches must be hoping to see him start and living the long punt and chase dream.

And not just the long punt and chase, but also the vast amount of space between him and the rest of the team due to his lack of pace. Effectively with him there is no such thing as offside, and the opposition are also to take advantage of the fact that the play is not compressed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024