Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walton vs Hladky 21:49 - Feb 10 with 966 viewsX0Y0

Quite a few starting to question whether Hladky is due to get a start in the league, raising doubts about Walton's performances, but how many goals can people point to that were genuinely his fault?

I think he could have commanded his box better at times, doesn't look peak confidence, and sometimes distribution is shaky (albeit mostly under pressure), however I don't think Hladky is an upgrade in these areas. It's too easy to place the blame at the goalkeeper and dropping Walton won't help build confidence. Happy to be proven wrong though.
Walton vs Hladky on 22:40 - Feb 10 with 858 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I wouldn't drop Walton. But there are legitimate questions over him this season I think. Goal at Charlton, one of the home games where the ball went under his body, the amount of times the ball comes through the 6 yard box and Walton ends up on his backside.

I also tend to judge a keeper based on how many good saves they make, like how many times has Walton made saves where you go, wow that was a good save. Bart used to do it to a ridiculous extent, Cooper at Plymouth as well. I can think of the penalty at Cambridge and maybe one at Burton. Aside from that, he's been ok. No more no less. He certainly hasn't been a top performing goalkeeper this season in the league, not even close. Especially compared to how good he was last season.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Walton vs Hladky on 00:16 - Feb 11 with 796 viewsStewart27

Walton vs Hladky on 22:40 - Feb 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

I wouldn't drop Walton. But there are legitimate questions over him this season I think. Goal at Charlton, one of the home games where the ball went under his body, the amount of times the ball comes through the 6 yard box and Walton ends up on his backside.

I also tend to judge a keeper based on how many good saves they make, like how many times has Walton made saves where you go, wow that was a good save. Bart used to do it to a ridiculous extent, Cooper at Plymouth as well. I can think of the penalty at Cambridge and maybe one at Burton. Aside from that, he's been ok. No more no less. He certainly hasn't been a top performing goalkeeper this season in the league, not even close. Especially compared to how good he was last season.

Before he saved the penalty against cambridge I had zero confidence he would. He never gets near them and pretty much just drops to his knees. But it was a great save.

I’d stick with him though. It’s probably good that he doesn’t have to make many saves. Bart did, but he went missing in the Lambert relegation season and contributed to our relegation.
Walton vs Hladky on 08:07 - Feb 11 with 646 viewsLeoMuff

We can’t be far away from seeing Hladky, but not for a key game like this.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Walton vs Hladky on 08:10 - Feb 11 with 638 viewsEly_Blue

Walton vs Hladky on 08:07 - Feb 11 by LeoMuff

We can’t be far away from seeing Hladky, but not for a key game like this.

I’m assuming that you didn’t see Hladkys p155 poor attempt to save the Burnley winner on Tuesday night?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Walton vs Hladky on 08:28 - Feb 11 with 602 viewsChrisd

Walton didn’t do anything wrong against Cambridge, I’d stick with him. It’s good Hladky is looking better after his shaky start with us and Walton knows he’s now got genuine competition for that starting spot. In a way, that could help Walton to recapture his form. I’d be more interested to know what’s caused this drop off? You can see Walton is a very good keeper with many positive attributes, perhaps there are things happening away from the pitch which are causing a distraction?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Walton vs Hladky on 08:32 - Feb 11 with 595 viewstractorboy1978

Walton vs Hladky on 08:10 - Feb 11 by Ely_Blue

I’m assuming that you didn’t see Hladkys p155 poor attempt to save the Burnley winner on Tuesday night?

Hladky is toss. I've never seen so many errors from a Town goalkeeper in such a short space of time as he managed early last season.
Walton vs Hladky on 08:53 - Feb 11 with 558 viewsOwainG1992

Walton vs Hladky on 08:32 - Feb 11 by tractorboy1978

Hladky is toss. I've never seen so many errors from a Town goalkeeper in such a short space of time as he managed early last season.

He's not.
He's a decent enough keeper.
Walton is better no doubt.
But Hladky has shown himself to be a decent option to be called upon.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Walton vs Hladky on 09:26 - Feb 11 with 525 viewsibbleobble

Walton vs Hladky on 22:40 - Feb 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

He has proven he is capable of producing point winning saves on countless occasion. Toward the season climax, he could be the difference between going up or not. He’s number one.
Login to get fewer ads

Walton vs Hladky on 09:32 - Feb 11 with 510 viewsITFC_Forever

While Walton hasn’t been as consistent as we’d like, he saves us from a certain defeat in his last match, so there’s no way he’s getting dropped any time soon.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Walton vs Hladky on 09:42 - Feb 11 with 497 viewstractorboy1978

Walton vs Hladky on 08:53 - Feb 11 by OwainG1992

He's not.
He's a decent enough keeper.
Walton is better no doubt.
But Hladky has shown himself to be a decent option to be called upon.

He's did well at home to Burnley but he's played in matches where he's had nothing to do. He was woeful last season, truly woeful. Any talk of him being close to a league start is daft.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024