Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ladapo 08:23 - Mar 5 with 1621 viewslunatic1988

Ladapo another class performance yesterday. Always looked dangerous. For me Ladapo over hurst all day long. For all of hursts good play I’m not sure the lads got goals in him. 9 appearances in the league, started 4..come on 5 times as a sub. But doesn’t even look like scoring in a free scoring team.
Ladapo on 08:30 - Mar 5 with 1561 viewsNutkins_Return

It's Hirst. Doesn't need to be one or other. We need them both. Hirst has more potential than Ladapo long term in my opinion. He does have goals in him which he has proven before. A bit like Ladapo (earlier in season) he is learning the role and contributing a lot if not goals. He has got better each game really with fitness.

I like them both. I'd happily sign Hirst up and expect he would be good long term.
Ladapo on 08:39 - Mar 5 with 1508 viewsBuffaloBill

Ladapo on 08:30 - Mar 5 by Nutkins_Return

It's Hirst. Doesn't need to be one or other. We need them both. Hirst has more potential than Ladapo long term in my opinion. He does have goals in him which he has proven before. A bit like Ladapo (earlier in season) he is learning the role and contributing a lot if not goals. He has got better each game really with fitness.

I like them both. I'd happily sign Hirst up and expect he would be good long term.

Hirst possibly has more upside long term but in a promo chasing team he's only going to be a sub I feel for the rest of the season.

Think the days of over-rotation are over. The front 3 start every game now, however, in a midweek game week I expect Hirst may start but he'll just be playing a bit part from here in.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 8:45]

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Ladapo on 08:43 - Mar 5 with 1478 viewslunatic1988

Ladapo on 08:30 - Mar 5 by Nutkins_Return

Ladapo career record 1 in 3, hirsts 1 in 9 (hasnt scored a league goal in 11 months), don’t get me wrong I like the lad..great hold up play but don’t think he has goals in him which is ultimately a strikers job. Hope I’m wrong but ladapo gets the nod all day for me
Ladapo on 09:53 - Mar 5 with 1356 viewsGuthrum

Hirst looks like scoring fairly frequently, just hasn't quite come off yet. Similar to Ladapo who made nine appearances in the League before scoring in that competition. Hirst hasn't had the benefit of early cup stages to get going.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ladapo on 10:06 - Mar 5 with 1315 viewsStokieBlue

Whilst Ladapo scored a lovely goal yesterday I felt that Hirst performance the previous week was a better all round performance.

At points yesterday, Freddie looked pretty lethargic when closing down. He's still come on loads though and is generally great for us.

I think it's important we got Hirst, Ladapo will likely start more matches but we needed someone we could swap him out for like we do in most other positions.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ladapo on 10:44 - Mar 5 with 1219 viewsclive_baker

Ladapo on 08:43 - Mar 5 by lunatic1988

Ladapo career record 1 in 3, hirsts 1 in 9 (hasnt scored a league goal in 11 months), don’t get me wrong I like the lad..great hold up play but don’t think he has goals in him which is ultimately a strikers job. Hope I’m wrong but ladapo gets the nod all day for me

Many of Hirst league appearances have been off the bench, 5 minutes here and there. It’s not reflective to deduce a goals per game ratio off that.

I like Ladapo, I think he should be the preferred choice but ideally we need both to get firing. Hirst looks like he needs a goal for sure, I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts on Tuesday so hopefully he gets one to get him going.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ladapo on 10:47 - Mar 5 with 1209 viewsBigCommon

Ladapo looks strong as an Ox, pinning and backing into "hairy arsed " defenders, allowing runners to break forwards.... Hirst, quicker and more mobile and probably still trying to build the on pitch relationship with some of his team mates... Hirsts efforts deserve some credit.A willing runner and in some ways, a sacrificial lamb, for the likes of Broady and Chappers to steal the limelight. His efforts, also deserve a goal, imo. Which, I'm sure will start to come... I don't think it's a straight case of who should start between Hirst and Ladapo. Much depends on the oppo' and how KM wants to approach the game, imo..They are not like for like players, imo..Im happy that Hirst is here, with JJ sidelined and Jackson with a different skill set. We were crying out for another striker option in Jan window. And, if anything, the extra competition, has pushed Fred up a notch, from the moment Hirst was sat in the stands watching....... It's all good..
Ladapo on 11:33 - Mar 5 with 1130 viewsLankHenners

He's been getting better and better as the season's gone on and slightly surprised that people seem to keep sleeping on him. 2nd top scorer at the club, top 10 in the league, one of the best goal per 90 in the division, total workhorse up front but Hirst comes in for a couple of decent showings and suddenly it's as if Ladapo is a clear 2nd best. Sure Hirst will ultimately become an all-round better forward but for me it's Ladapo's starting spot to lose right now.

As others have said I'd start Hirst on Tuesday to try and get him a goal to settle him down. Small sample size I know but feels a bit like Bonne in his non-scoring streak atm - the ball doesn't seem to *quite* fall for him how he wants, gets it stuck under his feet, when he does get a chance he doesn't make the most of it and he's not on the pitch when the striker who is playing gets a very presentable opportunity. My first thought after the Ladapo finish yesterday was I bet Hirst wishes he was on the pitch for that as it's pretty much a guaranteed goal.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Ladapo on 11:53 - Mar 5 with 1106 viewsBobbychase

Not saying it's you but it's amusing me that a lot of people wouldn't give Ladapo any slack at the start of the season and now it's Hirst getting the same treatment whereas Ladapo is flying.

Hirst came on yesterday with the game won and other attacking players who are in form being withdrawn. His Portsmouth spell shows he's a force at this level once up and running.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 11:55]

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Ladapo on 12:47 - Mar 5 with 1019 viewsNutkins_Return

Ladapo on 11:53 - Mar 5 by Bobbychase

Not saying it's you but it's amusing me that a lot of people wouldn't give Ladapo any slack at the start of the season and now it's Hirst getting the same treatment whereas Ladapo is flying.

Hirst came on yesterday with the game won and other attacking players who are in form being withdrawn. His Portsmouth spell shows he's a force at this level once up and running.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 11:55]

I agree. The best parallel I can give I Weghorst at Utd. He's not scoring any goals but he's been really good for them in terms of shape and how they want to play and it is the likes of Rashford behind getting the goals (much like us with Chaplin/Broadhead).

Weghorst has scored buckets of goals elsewhere and will get to know the role better and will score goals. That said they will likely by a high calibre player in the summer.

I like Ladapo and Hirst. I don't care really if Hirst is scoring if his involvement means the team are scoring. As at Portsmouth he will score goals but he just needs to integrate and get fully fit and learn the patterns.
Ladapo on 13:00 - Mar 5 with 977 viewsBobbychase

Ladapo on 12:47 - Mar 5 by Nutkins_Return

I agree. The best parallel I can give I Weghorst at Utd. He's not scoring any goals but he's been really good for them in terms of shape and how they want to play and it is the likes of Rashford behind getting the goals (much like us with Chaplin/Broadhead).

Weghorst has scored buckets of goals elsewhere and will get to know the role better and will score goals. That said they will likely by a high calibre player in the summer.

I like Ladapo and Hirst. I don't care really if Hirst is scoring if his involvement means the team are scoring. As at Portsmouth he will score goals but he just needs to integrate and get fully fit and learn the patterns.

Hope we buy him in the summer as well, I should add. Prospect.

Ladapo on 14:09 - Mar 5 with 866 viewsStNeotsBlue

Ladapo on 13:00 - Mar 5 by Bobbychase

Hope we buy him in the summer as well, I should add. Prospect.

He's 24, older than Broadhead who looks a far better prospect and on wages that would be an issue. Other than a half season at Portsmouth has never scored regularly at senior level.
Ladapo on 14:15 - Mar 5 with 852 viewsBobbychase

Ladapo on 14:09 - Mar 5 by StNeotsBlue

He's 24, older than Broadhead who looks a far better prospect and on wages that would be an issue. Other than a half season at Portsmouth has never scored regularly at senior level.

Strikers tend to peak late 20s. Let's not Kieffer Moore him

Ladapo on 14:23 - Mar 5 with 820 viewstractorboy1978

Ladapo on 14:15 - Mar 5 by Bobbychase

Not really the same though. You are comparing a cheap project signing with somebody that would be a really significant investment. I actually quite like Hirst but the money being talked about for him in the summer would have been a serious risk for us. Hopefully he proves why he was valued so highly between now and the end of the season and we see how the land lays in the summer.
Ladapo on 14:29 - Mar 5 with 796 viewsBobbychase

Ladapo on 14:23 - Mar 5 by tractorboy1978

Not really the same though. You are comparing a cheap project signing with somebody that would be a really significant investment. I actually quite like Hirst but the money being talked about for him in the summer would have been a serious risk for us. Hopefully he proves why he was valued so highly between now and the end of the season and we see how the land lays in the summer.

A player being written off by (some) of our fans after a few appearances - it's not that different tbh and amazes me when people don't learn the lessons of the past.

Ladapo on 14:50 - Mar 5 with 761 viewsfarkenhell

Ladapo on 10:06 - Mar 5 by StokieBlue

Whilst Ladapo scored a lovely goal yesterday I felt that Hirst performance the previous week was a better all round performance.

At points yesterday, Freddie looked pretty lethargic when closing down. He's still come on loads though and is generally great for us.

I think it's important we got Hirst, Ladapo will likely start more matches but we needed someone we could swap him out for like we do in most other positions.

SB

Don't really know why this was downvote. I agree with everything you said, so have an uppie to redress the balance.
Ladapo on 15:23 - Mar 5 with 684 viewsStNeotsBlue

Ladapo on 14:15 - Mar 5 by Bobbychase

I'm not writing him off but he hasn't been the prolific no.9 sthroughout his career so far that some make him out to be and at 24 he's not a kid fresh out of the academy system.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024