Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield 12:17 - Apr 25 with 2982 viewsWhens_Lunch

I was taken aback by how down and gloomy they are.
Compared to our excitement and optimism.
COYB
Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:38 - Apr 25 with 2777 viewsMattinLondon

I can understand their gloom. They were unbeaten in 23 or so matches and were top by ten points. Now, it’s all a bit different.

It’s all about form and we’ve hit form at the right time. KM arrested the downturn by targeting a couple players, he got backed and we are where we are. Don’t think Wednesday brought in new players during the January window, so they are where they are.
Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:40 - Apr 25 with 2712 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:38 - Apr 25 by MattinLondon

I can understand their gloom. They were unbeaten in 23 or so matches and were top by ten points. Now, it’s all a bit different.

It’s all about form and we’ve hit form at the right time. KM arrested the downturn by targeting a couple players, he got backed and we are where we are. Don’t think Wednesday brought in new players during the January window, so they are where they are.

Weren't they also 8 points clear with 2 games in hand at one point.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:45 - Apr 25 with 2636 viewsMattinLondon

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:40 - Apr 25 by FrimleyBlue

Not sure about the games-in-hand, but they were clear.
Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:49 - Apr 25 with 2589 viewsBlueOura

Yeah its a little odd how downbeat they are. I mean, I get that we are strong favourites now but if Barnsley were to beat us tonight, it would be game on from their point of view wouldn't it?

Of course when we beat Barnsley it will be game over but until then you would think they would still be hopeful.
Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:52 - Apr 25 with 2547 viewsLeoMuff

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:49 - Apr 25 by BlueOura

Yeah its a little odd how downbeat they are. I mean, I get that we are strong favourites now but if Barnsley were to beat us tonight, it would be game on from their point of view wouldn't it?

Of course when we beat Barnsley it will be game over but until then you would think they would still be hopeful.

Game on yes, but I would rather be play Exeter at home and Fleetwood away than, Shrews away and Derby home. With their form you could see them dropping points in 1 or both.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:53 - Apr 25 with 2541 viewsIllinoisblue

This in a weird way makes them still dangerous; the pressure is off them a little bit as they all think they’ve fkd it up. That’s why us winning tonight is so huge. COYB

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:56 - Apr 25 with 2487 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:40 - Apr 25 by FrimleyBlue

4 points clear with a game in hand is as good as it got for them i think.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2

They only hit the top of the table in March for 2-3 weeks. The rest of the time it's been Plymouth or earlier in the season us, so I don't think they've too much to feel bad about.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:56 - Apr 25 with 2476 viewsDarth_Koont

They’re where we were a couple of months ago – going off the boil and having squandered a points lead.

But they blew more of a lead and have just a few games to somehow turn it around. Add to that Sheff Utd going up with Barnsley also in the frame to pip them in the playoffs and it must feel like their dream is turning into a nightmare.

Although no sympathy for them or their fans until we’re up ourselves!

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 13:05 - Apr 25 with 2346 viewsim_marcacus

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:56 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2

They only hit the top of the table in March for 2-3 weeks. The rest of the time it's been Plymouth or earlier in the season us, so I don't think they've too much to feel bad about.

It was 5pts clear of Town with 2 games in hand
Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 13:11 - Apr 25 with 2261 viewsTyke65

It’s is ever thus with the Wendies , their sense of entitlement is surreal and almost suicidal when Barnsley or the Blunts move them out of the limelight .
I’m sure you’ll be hearing detrimental remarks about us such as six fingered or Dingles etc which is water off a ducks back coming from them .
Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 13:24 - Apr 25 with 2075 viewsHipsterectomy

Town players seem determined not to give it up, probably due to how sht it felt when we couldn’t buy a win and that gap kept getting bigger. To have won so many points and got the luck of Wednesday deciding they were going to destroy their own season, I’d imagine their drive is insatiable atm

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 13:58 - Apr 25 with 1849 viewsTheBoyBlue

I think for any of their fans, our fans or Plymouth's to feel gloomy at the prospect of missing out on automatic promotion after this season is understandable. All three deserve to go up, but of course one of us has to miss out on going up automatically and as things stand it is them. So its understandable, we'd be the same in their position I think.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 14:05 - Apr 25 with 1785 viewsGogs

Go to Feb 19. They were 8 ahead with a game in hand
Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 16:30 - Apr 25 with 1352 viewsBigCommon

Not surprised.. SW have played poorly for a while now. Even the latest couple of wins have been from uninspiring performances.. They need a lot to go right for them, from now on in, if they are to be promoted, in any form.. Even if it were POs for them. I'm not sure they'd be clear favorites to succeed.
Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 16:53 - Apr 25 with 1183 viewsStewart27

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 13:11 - Apr 25 by Tyke65

It’s is ever thus with the Wendies , their sense of entitlement is surreal and almost suicidal when Barnsley or the Blunts move them out of the limelight .
I’m sure you’ll be hearing detrimental remarks about us such as six fingered or Dingles etc which is water off a ducks back coming from them .

Their existence in the last 30 odd years is pathetic. How they have any sense of entitlement is beyond me.
Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 18:21 - Apr 25 with 891 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 12:53 - Apr 25 by Illinoisblue

This in a weird way makes them still dangerous; the pressure is off them a little bit as they all think they’ve fkd it up. That’s why us winning tonight is so huge. COYB

They've stabilized a little as well, lose tonight and Saturday is high pressure.
Just spoke with a Wednesday fan in Sheffield on 18:40 - Apr 25 with 816 viewsTangledupin_Blue

After the Bristol Rovers game we were 8 points behind Sheffield and had played a game more. Plymouth were top, 10 points ahead of us. We were 4th, two points behind Bolton.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024