Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more 23:01 - Apr 25 with 4442 viewsSE1blue

than late tackles and heated frustration was a wonderful illustration of how we’ve moved on.

Felt like a ghost was laid to rest there.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:28 - Apr 26 with 528 viewsJimmy86

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 07:53 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

He's a pub player and a massive tw@t.

That our manager, who has done a wonderful job this season actually wanted to KEEP... You keep pedalling your nonsense narrative..

McKenna thought an awful lot of Norwood, but I spose you know better...
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:31 - Apr 26 with 512 viewsJimmy86

Upvoted by accident, as it is pure nonsense... He's such a pub player he's playing for a league 1 team who will finish in the playoffs...
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:38 - Apr 26 with 498 viewsHerbivore

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:28 - Apr 26 by Jimmy86

That our manager, who has done a wonderful job this season actually wanted to KEEP... You keep pedalling your nonsense narrative..

McKenna thought an awful lot of Norwood, but I spose you know better...

Have you got any evidence that McKenna wanted to keep him? That he's not here suggests otherwise.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:45 - Apr 26 with 480 viewsHerbivore

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:31 - Apr 26 by Jimmy86

Upvoted by accident, as it is pure nonsense... He's such a pub player he's playing for a league 1 team who will finish in the playoffs...

Blimey, James, shouldn't you be in training this morning after last night's showing?

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:48 - Apr 26 with 477 viewsJimmy86

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:38 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

Have you got any evidence that McKenna wanted to keep him? That he's not here suggests otherwise.

Think it was common knowledge at the time of his release that McKenna wanted to keep him and the decision to release him came from higher up?

I get you're not a fan... That's fine.. but to be that personal and hate the guy, when he always did his best on the pitch for the club is a bit off, in my opinion..

The clash with Davis was a bit naughty, granted, but hey, when he did that in a blue shirt we all had no issue with it did we... Centre forwards do chuck the odd elbow... Remember when big Murph caught Wes Morgan when we played Leicester at home under Mick and he completely lost it and we then capitalised on that and went on to win...
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:51 - Apr 26 with 456 viewsJimmy86

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:45 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

Blimey, James, shouldn't you be in training this morning after last night's showing?

HA! if only I was him, would certainly be better off financially compared to that of a dear old civil servant 😉
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:57 - Apr 26 with 420 viewsBluroo

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 23:49 - Apr 25 by Jimmy86

Apart from the time Nors outmuscled Woolfie and left him on his backside and put in a dangerous cross into the box with the outside of his foot...

Don't get the hate for Norwood, personally... I liked him at town and supposedly McKenna was keen to keep him on, but was told from higher up he couldn't... That was the rumour anyway... Nors would have scored goals in this town team, had he been kept on too, let's have it right...

Was Neymar playing last night? The way you're describing Nors performance...

Nors could not have scored the goal Hirst scored last night. Doesn't have the power and pace. But more than that, Hirst is integral to the way we play, pressing and stretching backlines and allowing out No 10s to exploit spaces. He is on another level entirely to what Nors is capable of.

We would NOT be in the automatics with Nors rather than Hirst. That is why we have upgraded players.
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:58 - Apr 26 with 417 viewsLeoMuff

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 00:08 - Apr 26 by tractorboy1978

He's a pound shop centre forward. Miles off the quality we have in this current squad and wouldn't even be on our bench.

Before we signed Hirst he would have been at least on the bench, possibly starting.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 10:06 - Apr 26 with 407 viewsStokieBlue

Could have been in real trouble after 5 minutes on another day.

Wasn't a clever challenge on Davis.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 10:09 - Apr 26 with 393 viewsJimmy86

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:57 - Apr 26 by Bluroo

Was Neymar playing last night? The way you're describing Nors performance...

Nors could not have scored the goal Hirst scored last night. Doesn't have the power and pace. But more than that, Hirst is integral to the way we play, pressing and stretching backlines and allowing out No 10s to exploit spaces. He is on another level entirely to what Nors is capable of.

We would NOT be in the automatics with Nors rather than Hirst. That is why we have upgraded players.

No, as there was no diving...

Personally I was a fan of Nors, whilst he was at the club...he was committed when he played and scored a few goals for us... Hence not getting the hate.. he wasn't a flop, was he..

I'm now out of this discussion... Watched the game on ifollow and personally think he offered more of a threat than people have given him credit for...

Above all else, we're all town fans and we're on the brink of promotion, after 4 years in league 1... Let's enjoy it..
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 10:11 - Apr 26 with 371 viewsSamWhiteUK

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:58 - Apr 26 by LeoMuff

Before we signed Hirst he would have been at least on the bench, possibly starting.

Yeah because he would have been our only other striker
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 10:13 - Apr 26 with 367 viewsSamWhiteUK

I'm sure we've had this before with old players. I don't think he contributed anything in the reverse fixture either? Same with Bishop at Lincoln etc. I can't think of one player who's left us in the last couple of seasons that has caused us any problems.
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 10:16 - Apr 26 with 355 viewsHerbivore

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 09:48 - Apr 26 by Jimmy86

Think it was common knowledge at the time of his release that McKenna wanted to keep him and the decision to release him came from higher up?

I get you're not a fan... That's fine.. but to be that personal and hate the guy, when he always did his best on the pitch for the club is a bit off, in my opinion..

The clash with Davis was a bit naughty, granted, but hey, when he did that in a blue shirt we all had no issue with it did we... Centre forwards do chuck the odd elbow... Remember when big Murph caught Wes Morgan when we played Leicester at home under Mick and he completely lost it and we then capitalised on that and went on to win...

Not sure what that first paragraph is all about, I haven't heard much suggestion we wanted to keep him and I imagine if McKenna was that keen he'd have got his wish given how well he's been backed.

Not sure he's quite the professional you're making out. Sure he ran around a lot when on the pitch, which was about half the time he was here, but he didn't exactly live the life off the pitch. That coupled with the drink driving and generally being a bit of a prick is why I have zero time for him.

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 10:20 - Apr 26 with 343 viewsExiled2Surrey

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 10:13 - Apr 26 by SamWhiteUK

I'm sure we've had this before with old players. I don't think he contributed anything in the reverse fixture either? Same with Bishop at Lincoln etc. I can't think of one player who's left us in the last couple of seasons that has caused us any problems.

Keane
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 10:26 - Apr 26 with 327 viewsJimmy86

Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 10:16 - Apr 26 by Herbivore

Not sure what that first paragraph is all about, I haven't heard much suggestion we wanted to keep him and I imagine if McKenna was that keen he'd have got his wish given how well he's been backed.

Not sure he's quite the professional you're making out. Sure he ran around a lot when on the pitch, which was about half the time he was here, but he didn't exactly live the life off the pitch. That coupled with the drink driving and generally being a bit of a prick is why I have zero time for him.

And I get that... The drink driving thing was unforgivable and he should then have been subject of our law and legal system... I'd never condone that... The other social media stuff was ill advised also, but, in a world where footballers are like robots, with the soundbite interviews etc, he was rightly or wrongly a character off the pitch..

His biggest mistake at town was the lack of professionalism, at what will be the biggest club he's ever played for..
Seeing Norwood offer nothing more on 10:37 - Apr 26 with 296 viewsbelgablue

We've certainly moved on since Norwood but during a period where things really were the pits, he was committed and a good servant. Think we should be wishing him and Barnsley all the best for the play offs, providing we get the two points we need!

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024