Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town Memorial Service 07:56 - Apr 27 with 4056 viewsCityBlue

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to attend a memorial service the club has planned to remember those loved ones who are interred under the pitch (both my parents included).
I just expected to turn up, mingle on the edge of the grass with a few select words from someone.

It ended up being a pre ceremony reception - tea/coffee, fizz, OJ and a free bar.
Then on to the pitch with a service led by the club chaplain with Mark Ashton in attendance and hosted by Milts. Then we were able to take a lap of the pitch at our own steam to soak up the atmosphere and pay our respects and then back into the Sir Bobby Robson suite for more refreshments and the free bar. Plus a touching order of service to keep.
Plaques commemorating those loved ones will be added to the new memorial garden being built behind the SAR stand.

Absolute class act from our wonderful club!!

I T I D

Can we make this a Sticky, Phil? on 09:00 - Apr 27 with 3810 viewsFixed_It

Thanks for posting. Glad the Club gave the occasion the respect it deserved.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Can we make this a Sticky, Phil? on 09:32 - Apr 27 with 3713 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Can we make this a Sticky, Phil? on 09:00 - Apr 27 by Fixed_It

Thanks for posting. Glad the Club gave the occasion the respect it deserved.

100% this is absolutely wonderful to read, and such a relief for the OP to see it done properly, I'm sure.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 09:54 - Apr 27 with 3670 viewsBluesky

Thank you for posting. This club administration just doesn't put a foot wrong, does it? What an amazing gesture.
Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 10:22 - Apr 27 with 3595 viewsChurchman

I’m pleased it was made deservedly a little special for you and others that were there. My club is doing an awful lot right and becoming special again.
Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 11:26 - Apr 27 with 3297 viewsBloomBlue

A wonderful friend of mine who's 20 year old Son's ashes are also buried attended and said it was lovely service. They were also just expecting to attend and a few words being said.
Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 12:33 - Apr 27 with 3167 viewshoppy

That is the kind of quality touch from the custodians of our club now, that is doing everything seemingly in the right way, over and above what our expectations had been.

Brilliant, and I'm glad to see it was a special occasion for those that were in attendance.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Ignore the downvote on 12:44 - Apr 27 with 3107 viewsFixed_It

Fat fingers! Didn't think it would allow you to vote twice anyway!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 14:41 - Apr 27 with 2923 viewsBramidan

So proud of our club.
Class always shows.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 16:04 - Apr 27 with 2810 viewsxrayspecs

Great to hear, how many attended?
Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 16:46 - Apr 27 with 2747 viewsCityBlue

Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 16:04 - Apr 27 by xrayspecs

Great to hear, how many attended?

About 100 or so I would figure, maybe 200 at most.

I T I D

Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 17:06 - Apr 27 with 2724 viewsIllinoisblue

Truly heartwarming to hear this. May the departed be looking down happily on Saturday. COYB.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 17:25 - Apr 27 with 2693 viewsdeaks

Pleased you have such fond memories of the event. I had sent in my details and requested to attend; my father had his ashes scattered at the grouind. I then got a nice e-mail in response telling me of the event, the week it was to be and that further details would be issued. I heard nothing, checked continually online, still nothing, and then I saw your post. To say I am gutted at missing this is an understatement - I so wanted to meet my father again, pay my respects and just exchange a few silent words with him.
Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 18:06 - Apr 27 with 2635 viewsBloomBlue

Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 17:25 - Apr 27 by deaks

Pleased you have such fond memories of the event. I had sent in my details and requested to attend; my father had his ashes scattered at the grouind. I then got a nice e-mail in response telling me of the event, the week it was to be and that further details would be issued. I heard nothing, checked continually online, still nothing, and then I saw your post. To say I am gutted at missing this is an understatement - I so wanted to meet my father again, pay my respects and just exchange a few silent words with him.

As a suggestion/idea (I appreciate this might not interest you) email the club and explain you never heard back and ask if you can have a section of turf from where your Father's ashes are buried?
Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 23:10 - Apr 27 with 2375 viewsCityBlue

Ipswich Town Memorial Service on 17:25 - Apr 27 by deaks

If you contact the club they can arrange a private visit

I T I D

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024